• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

My doctors surgery has started using a new appointment system. I was told by my doctor to book an appointment for 4 weeks times, 3 weeks ago.

I have tried for the last 3 weeks to get an appointment. first week, my request came back with "sorry but even if the doctor requested it you need to speak to the triage nurse to see if you need one" nurse ring me and tells me to ring reception and just book one with them. 3 times of doing this the week ended.

second week. after the receptionist went off and checked "yes, I can book you in, but our system will only do this week, ring back next week" 3 times same answer.

third week "sorry we can't do any bookings it has to be done by the triage nurse" 3 calls still waiting for a call from them.

I only have a enough anti depression tablets to last till mid next week. and i wont get a repeat for them unless i see my doctor.

I think they don't give a shit about their patients and mental health.

Have you tried taking a morning appointment? Every GP will have 'emergency' slots in the morning - it usually involves ringing up the second they open or actually being outside the building to secure one, but if I've been unable to get an appointment for my medication that's usually what I do (as annoying as it is).

Ashlee. I have now been told they only do on the day appointments now. If i don't get a appointment before my tablets run out on the day of my last tablet. I will go in and refuse to move unless i see my doctor, they have the police remove me or (the one they will never do) tell me they refuse to treat me.

I fall in love with people who cannot love me back. Despite being 20, a quarter of the way through my life if I'm lucky, I've never even so much as held hands with someone romantically. It's hard to come to any conclusion other than I am despicable and unlovable.

But strangely, despite the self loathing it invokes, the extremity of the emotion is perversely addictive. I can't stop torturing myself even though I desperately want it to go so I can feel at peace.

Not to mention my awful egotistical self pitying which even I find irritating. :p

I was in a very similar position this time last year so totally know how that feels :( I've never been a person to just throw myself into relationships... i'd certainly never be one for the bar scene and like to think I know what i'm looking for in a girl. Friends used to question why I didn't ask more girls out and reason #1 was "I haven't met anyone I like enough yet" and reason #2, which I wouldn't really tell people, was "They're going to reject me as i'm not interesting or good looking enough". I was convinced i'd never find anyone.

Then around this time last year I just casually met a girl who was round at my friends place. We chatted, had a laugh for most of the day but I certainly wasn't trying to flirt or make any kind of move. I saw her again at a few social occasions, we seemed to click and then one day found she had got my number off a friend and was texting me frequently, as well as asking questions about my relationship history and what I wanted in a girlfriend. I liked her back, so after a very drunk chat with a friend who basically blackmailed me (in a friendly way) into being more confident about it, I asked her out and we started dating, easy as that.

It didn't last more than around 4 or 5 months as it turned out we had very different lifestyles and ambitions in life, but that's not the point. The point is however that this gave me confidence that I was genuinely able to form a relationship. Sure I moved slow with her but I prefer going slow to asking out a random girl in a club based solely on looks, a concept I still don't understand, as whilst sexual attraction is still important you've got to actually LIKE the person.

All that aside though just have confidence... and I don't mean confidence in personality, I mean you need to believe it can happen. Out of interest how many people have you been rejected by? As I quickly realised that my lack of experience wasn't from me being weird or wrong, it was simply I was scared to dip a toe in and try. I still fear rejection, and would never ask out a person unless I 100% thought it was right, but hey, if it worked for me once, thats all the confidence I need that there is someone out there and i'll hopefully be successful in finding them :)

Lost interest whilst typing up a post so it never made sense, but just feeling naff because I don't think a day will go by where I don't feel like giving up completely with life.
This weekend was good fun with everybody, but I'm just so exhausted with my mood always declining to the point I just want to shut myself off everyday.

^
Sounds like a case of post-Scarefest collapse - I sympathise, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd have stayed in bed all day making groaning noises if I'd had the chance!

However, think of last weekend, despite the best efforts of climate, travellers and electrical failures alike, as a positive - sadly, not every day can be like that, and there'll be lonelier, less enjoyable times when you feel fit for nothing but curling up in a corner and crying - as most of you know, that's sadly how I spent a sizeable chunk of my Summer before I finally got an AD that worked!
Probably something you've heard a hundred times before, but all you can do is try to spend as much time as possible around the people who make you feel happier, doing the things that make you feel happier - and make sure you've always got at least one thing on a list of 'things to look forward to' whether that be with TS or anywhere else. I liked to look at my 'Life is gloomy, I'm a failure and everyone I love would be better off without me' type thoughts as irrational creations of a depressed mindset - they're impossible to ignore, but they're not 'real' and the fact is that there's probably around a hundred people on this forum alone who if questioned would say 'No, Panda's thoughts and self-worth, you're wrong. She's fab, now go away!' - maybe I'm talking rubbish (I usually am!) but something to think about :)

There WILL be light at the end of the tunnel. I can promise you that. As patronising as this sounds, I remember being your age, and it's a few dark years of my life best left forgotten - but it doesn't last forever. As I've said before - smile. Always :p

Meat Pie said:
I fall in love with people who cannot love me back. Despite being 20, a quarter of the way through my life if I'm lucky, I've never even so much as held hands with someone romantically. It's hard to come to any conclusion other than I am despicable and unlovable.
Same situation at 25. It's one of the main causes of my constant low. Just seems that this loneliness will be never-ending.

I'm scared of what the next 2 week's hold I want to say but I really can't. I have never felt so low, upset and useless. I hate the brain and the chemicals it produces to create are thoughts, I wish I could reverse some people's thoughts but I can't.

I don't even know where I am going with this or how to get it across, It's not even making sense to me but I just need to type as I can't talk!

All I want to do it cry & scream! If I have ever needed a hug this is the time :(

Russ said:
I'm scared of what the next 2 week's hold I want to say but I really can't. I have never felt so low, upset and useless. I hate the brain and the chemicals it produces to create are thoughts, I wish I could reverse some people's thoughts but I can't.

I don't even know where I am going with this or how to get it across, It's not even making sense to me but I just need to type as I can't talk!

All I want to do it cry & scream! If I have ever needed a hug this is the time :(

Sending you a big, fat, squishy hug (and I've gained so much weight recently I'm well qualified to provide one :-/ )

You were so smiley and friendly this weekend, it was lovely to see you. Please don't be sad. Life has a way of working itself out x

Things in life can be hard. I'm gay, my parents are highly religious and I have to keep my life a secret from them. Work is very meh and getting time off is becoming harder each year. With all this in mind I am probably less depressed now than I have ever been. I still have moments, but I just have the attitude that life is too short to waste. Enjoy what you can and ride out the bad times. Life is rarely as bad as you make it out to be and could be much, much worse.

So basically, i know its hard, but keep going and enjoy the good times and forget about the bad.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

GAGrathea said:
The season's not allowed to end yet. nope. :(

I couldn't agree more :(

This is the year that I got a hold on my anxiety, got my Masters, joined the forum, actually went out and met people, fell head over heels in love with AT (having loved it anyway for years), and absolutely loved meets.

It can't be almost over :(

Work is getting me down at the moment. So busy and hardly any staff. I'm expected to keep queues to a minimum and yet I get no support. Trying to balance the legal side of things whilst rushing about like a loon. Seriously getting pissed off with it all now :(

BigDave said:
Work is getting me down at the moment. So busy and hardly any staff. I'm expected to keep queues to a minimum and yet I get no support. Trying to balance the legal side of things whilst rushing about like a loon. Seriously getting pissed off with it all now :(

I know exactly how you feel, we've just hired 2 new temps and they are beyond useless, lazy and just unthinking. And because they work on my floor and I'm the only permanent staff member its my arse when they make mistakes. I still have to keep queues down, serve customers, but I have no opportunity to make high value sales because things one and two are too busy not knowing how their own till works. Because of this my floor is making less money and I might end up getting sent downstairs.

I have this horrible meh feeling lately, I cant keep a relationship down because I just cause arguments, my recruitment exams have come through and I'm too scared to look at them and I'm drowning at school. And with closed season coming up the lonely feeling is creeping in again, so if anyone plans on moving to Donny that would be lovely :p

have you talked to your boss about them, even if it is to raise concern over they lack of knowledge on till operations. and ask for them to be refreshed in it.

Then if you get an set of eyes from outside your floor they may spot they are not that good and report it back.

Management are aware of it, and the solution is that I am the refresher course, so if they need help I am called. And when I do help they don't listen, just let me do their job and make the same mistake straight after. But I m going to take your advice and write a letter to our main store manager because there are so many more competent people looking for work that cant get it.

from an opinion of an old temp, on our defense we are treated like the disposable scum of the earth from the employers point of view, eventually after temping for a bit it does get to you and your will to actually try plummets after you come to terms with that, though I don't think I was ever that bad. :p

But they shouldn't be lazy, they are getting paid to do a job, just keep reminding them to do work, they are disposable at the end of the day so if you put your foot down they have no choice to listen.