• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

The lost of a loved one is a horrible thing to go though, when its a parent it can be really tough.

@Tom.B So sorry Tom. Nearly lost my dad to cancer and other complications recently and it was the worst time of my life.
I take comfort in the belief that everyone we've lost is watching over us, and is proud of us whatever we do in life.

D in English
G in Maths
D in Geography
F in French
U in R.E
U in Drama, which is under investigation because I was expecting a C and the entire class has failed this.

I'm so sad right now

Have you contacted the college you want to go to? Many will work with students and help them retake exams at the college, sometimes while doing the course you want to do at the same time. :)

Just know that these results do seem like the world but they aren't, not really. Just hang in there, speak to the college and figure out a route from here that will be best for both the future you want to create and your happiness. :)

Well it turns out I got into the course, (yay!) but I'm still sad that I have to redo, English and maths. But oh well what can you do! (Try hard up coming year elevens my work ethic clearly isn't the best, and I know for a fact your course is going to be very hard)

Exam results mean squat mate. My A level grades were C, U, N (seriously. You can imagine what jokes were made...) GCSEs matter even less! As long as you can read, write, and count your own feet, you'll get by in life. ;)

My parents say that i have no future and wont be able to get a job. They say in stupid for taking ict and product design at school because i will fail them (i really wont, i will almost certainly get a b)

Don't worry, all parents say that to their kids. Teachers too. Einstein was famously told he would "never ammount to anything" at school.
they support my brother. "yes, you can be a footballer" then get him into clubs . Me, can i do work experience, no. "you should move to cooking or hairdressing"

Oh dear, that's not good. I remember over hearing a conversation on the tube a while back, between a mum and her two daughters. The younger one wanted to be a doctor, but her older sister and mum took this as a great insult. "What, you fink you're too good for hairdressing? You fink you're better than me?"
It took a lot of restraint not to get involved.

Trust me, I grew up on a scummy council estate, I am proof that you can escape low expectations and go on to better things. ;)

My parents say that i have no future and wont be able to get a job. They say in stupid for taking ict and product design at school because i will fail them (i really wont, i will almost certainly get a b)
Lots of jobs are going to require ICT knowledge in an increasingly technological society, so in a way, ICT is a smart choice. Many parents don't seem to realize we are growing up in a different society than they did and will therefore have to take different qualifications ect. Also you are allowed to make you own decisions, like Cheese said, give it your all and be smug when you get that top job!

This probably seems like a moan/ not a big problem but it really gets me down.
My dad not letting me be myself, trying to force me to "enjoy" things I don't particularly want to do anymore, like rugby on a Sunday. I have a 1 day weekend and a busy week. I just want a rest! Putting me down about the music I listen to, making rude and hateful comments, even having a huge go at me when I told him gay people are actually really nice after he started shouting "Good, battyman is gone" after the guy got kicked off the X-Factor, that almost ended in a fight and we have fought before :I He even tries denying me the right to choose what I want to wear! The general control freak/ bully attitude and hurtful comments get me down.:I How not to do parenting in short, control your children too much, and don't support their personalities and decisions, bully them and shout at them for having their own opinions.

How not to do parenting in short, control your children too much, and don't support their personalities and decisions, bully them and shout at them for having their own opinions.
This is basically my life and I can relate to this so much. I haven't had a break since I was In Paris (Sunday). Parents making me do homework without a break (maths took 6 hours). Just tired of being told what to do.