• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

The past couple of weeks at work have been rather stressful, with our store getting a refit being the major thing that's happened. I'm not going to go into details, but other stuff has happened as well that has left me worried. Today, I had a customer who was very rude to me, and this ended up pushing me over the edge. I didn't end up losing it on the shop floor in front of customers - thank goodness. I ended up in tears. Luckily, my manager was great at helping me calm down, and I'm feeling a lot better now, but I was still a bit on edge for the rest of the shift.

On the bright side, I've seen video footage of my niece walking today (she's almost 11 months old), and she seems to be doing really well. Also, my aunt and uncle's sheepdog has had ten puppies today. Yes, TEN. And the puppies do, unsurprisingly, look very cute. :D

Well I've dug myself into a bit of a deep hole...

Doubly committed myself to two completely different things happening on the same night, one being a band concert I'm playing in and one being a show I'm lighting. Desperately trying to find cover for the show so I can go to the concert, but it seems as though I've seriously annoyed the director and that any solution I give her she almost refuses to accept. Extremely nervous and downright frightened to turn up to the set-up at the theatre this Sunday.

Honestly just burst into tears this morning as a result of the pressure of what to do and ultimately: the prospect of who I'm going to let down. Couldn't bring myself to eat anything and getting out the house was a struggle. Doesn't help with having no support at home at the moment either.

:(

Plenty of lighting directors double book themselves in TV. They usually sub contract the "lesser" show out to a mate. As long as you can find someone to cover for you... and they don't screw it up... there shouldn't be a problem.

Plenty of lighting directors double book themselves in TV. They usually sub contract the "lesser" show out to a mate. As long as you can find someone to cover for you... and they don't screw it up... there shouldn't be a problem.
That's the issue, if the guy I've messaged last can't do it then I'll have to make my excuses for the concert. I've said that I have contacted someone and the director has said that if she'd have known she'd have found someone else altogether as she "believes in continuity for a paying audience".

If it comes down to it, decide which one to do on the basis of a) which one pays more? And b) which one is more likely to get you future work if you keep the production team happy?

Update: Couldn't get cover, so had to apologise to the MD of the band. She was very understanding. I have since messaged the director informing her of the good news that I'll be able to do the full run. Hoping for a more pleasant reply this time

I've been trying to write a post about my recent low and anxious moods, including today's in which there are no reasons, for the last 15 minutes, but instead this way of explaining it seems much easier than anything else.

(Not as big a struggle as hiding my mental health problems on a daily basis for the last few years and pretending everything is alright with me, but it's still frustrating attempting to express anything related anyway. Consider this a rare moment of emotional truth from me.)

So, there we go.

:pensive:

Last night we had a few drinks and played various board games. A certain someone threw a Countdown letter card at me, and it went straight in to my eye. Corner first. My eye is now bright red with a lump on it. It hurts a lot.

I also woke up (hung over, of course) with a huge bruise / graze above the same eye. No one knows where it came from. Any attempt to access my memory of last night's events returns a 404 error.

So yeah, my right eye is currently a huge swollen bloodshot mess.

Last night we had a few drinks and played various board games. A certain someone threw a Countdown letter card at me, and it went straight in to my eye. Corner first. My eye is now bright red with a lump on it. It hurts a lot.

I also woke up (hung over, of course) with a huge bruise / graze above the same eye. No one knows where it came from. Any attempt to access my memory of last night's events returns a 404 error.

So yeah, my right eye is currently a huge swollen bloodshot mess.
Good excuse to wear an eye patch? I'd just take painkillers and a anti inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin.

Last night we had a few drinks............ woke up (hung over, of course) with a huge bruise / graze above the same eye. No one knows where it came from. Any attempt to access my memory of last night's events returns a 404 error.

So did the first thing in the morning go a bit like this
"Oh, my goodness... Oh... my head. Oh, what happened to me?
Damage control report.
Oh! Dehydration level, 45%.
Recall of previous evening, 2%.
Embarrassment factor, 91%!
Advised repair schedule; reboot startup disc, offline for 36 hours and replace head. Boy! What a night!"

Killed the first engine in my car (water pump failure took head gasket, warped the head and the bottom end was shot), 2nd engine had a crack in the block and the 3rd engine isn't playing ball. Bloody thing.

Killed the first engine in my car (water pump failure took head gasket, warped the head and the bottom end was shot), 2nd engine had a crack in the block and the 3rd engine isn't playing ball. Bloody thing.
Think its time to move to pedal power :p
Viva Rock Vegas

woke up this morning with aches, a blocked nose and sore throat
:(
Only 1 week till scarefest... always the same when I have something to look forward to.
:mad:
my body hates me
:cry:
have a full on week in work to so cant even take it easy to try and get better
:disappointed:
I just give up
:tired:

Just had my first driving lesson and I absolutely hated it. I really don't want to drive but now I feel so useless because everyone can do it or at least learn without a problem. I literally just spent an hour crying at the wheel. I feel like you have to drive in this day and age but I don't want to in the slightest. :(

Just had my first driving lesson and I absolutely hated it. I really don't want to drive but now I feel so useless because everyone can do it or at least learn without a problem. I literally just spent an hour crying at the wheel. I feel like you have to drive in this day and age but I don't want to in the slightest. :(

If you don't want to, don't feel pressured to. But I hated my first few lessons and I love driving now. The freedom it gives you is incredible. Public transport makes me really anxious, so driving is really important to me.

What happened? :(