• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I know it’s small fry, but I just feel very stressed and embarrassed this evening… I’m completely embarrassed at the mess I made in the Horizon thread and how abhorrently I behaved. I shouldn’t have kept pushing my point like that, I’m embarrassed and appalled at how I acted, and I’m very sorry to all of you.

I know it’s small fry, but I just feel very stressed and embarrassed this evening… I’m completely embarrassed at the mess I made in the Horizon thread and how abhorrently I behaved. I shouldn’t have kept pushing my point like that, I’m embarrassed and appalled at how I acted, and I’m very sorry to all of you.
You have nothing to apologize for Matt, I think some people just need to accept others' opinions a bit better. We're all getting carried away in the excitement.

Hey Matt, don’t be too hard on yourself as you’ve done nothing wrong at all! If anything I thought that maybe some others had been a little rude in that thread but certainly you haven’t done anything bad. Forums like these are for discussions anyway so don’t beat yourself up over it.

It's alright @Matt N , I would have likely done the same too.

On the other hand, I'm feeling a bit down at the timeline I'm doing in which I'm happy to put up on here in full, at times it does feel like I'm just writing this for myself...I want others to enjoy it yet it can be a slog to put it out there yet cam be a little be disappointing if you feel no one is watching, even if they are I can't be sure though.

On the other hand, I'm feeling a bit down at the timeline I'm doing in which I'm happy to put up on here in full, at times it does feel like I'm just writing this for myself...I want others to enjoy it yet it can be a slog to put it out there yet cam be a little be disappointing if you feel no one is watching, even if they are I can't be sure though.
I'm certainly enjoying it @QTXAdsy! I find your take on how things might have happened thoroughly interesting to read! If you'd like, I'll try and leave more comments in future to make sure you know that.

I’m completely embarrassed at the mess I made in the Horizon thread and how abhorrently I behaved. I shouldn’t have kept pushing my point like that, I’m embarrassed and appalled at how I acted, and I’m very sorry to all of you.

Sometimes being right, as you are and by which I mean approaching things with an open mind in the face of bloody mindedness, is hard work!!

After dealing with all the things I deal with for as long as I have you sometimes get a bit numbed to things, a detachment to the personal side of what other people are going through. It's just a coping mechanism really, you can care about people without taking the weight of it on a personal level.

But sometimes something just hits you. Have been dealing with an absolutely devastating job tonight. A completely senseless and absolutely heartbreaking incident. It shouldn't make a difference, but a couple of days before Christmas just amplifies the sadness of something.

When you see something so random, unexpected, and utterly utterly undeserved happen you can't help but imagine it happening to a loved one or yourself, because ultimately it absolutely could.

Even though thats exactly how I feel right now, I suppose this isn't about feeling down really. It's more about feeling thankful for what, and who, you have. I hope everyone has a safe and happy christmas, I know I'm going to do all I can to do so myself, but this one isn't going to be leaving the back of my mind any time soon.

After dealing with all the things I deal with for as long as I have you sometimes get a bit numbed to things, a detachment to the personal side of what other people are going through. It's just a coping mechanism really, you can care about people without taking the weight of it on a personal level.

But sometimes something just hits you. Have been dealing with an absolutely devastating job tonight. A completely senseless and absolutely heartbreaking incident. It shouldn't make a difference, but a couple of days before Christmas just amplifies the sadness of something.

When you see something so random, unexpected, and utterly utterly undeserved happen you can't help but imagine it happening to a loved one or yourself, because ultimately it absolutely could.

Even though thats exactly how I feel right now, I suppose this isn't about feeling down really. It's more about feeling thankful for what, and who, you have. I hope everyone has a safe and happy christmas, I know I'm going to do all I can to do so myself, but this one isn't going to be leaving the back of my mind any time soon.
I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling down after dealing with this incident @pluk. If you ever need to talk, my PMs are always open.

Got the dreaded call into a meeting room at work today. 25 of us put up for threat of redundancy as sales have fallen through the floor. Not the start to the year I was looking for. :(

The state the country is in right now is so so sad. Nobody can afford to spend anything because of the cost of living. The government has lost all control.

Hop
Got the dreaded call into a meeting room at work today. 25 of us put up for threat of redundancy as sales have fallen through the floor. Not the start to the year I was looking for. :(

The state the country is in right now is so so sad. Nobody can afford to spend anything because of the cost of living. The government has lost all control.
Sorry to hear that mate! I hope theythey manage to find a way to sort it.
My DM's are open if you need to chat. 🙂

Sorry to hear - that's a really awful start to the new year. Hope there's some better news for you personally soon.

I'm so sorry to hear this, really don't know what to say to offer help. Feel helpless in a moment like this.

Sorry to hear this, I know it's difficult but try not to let it get you down, there are always other options open in life.

Never posted in here about myself before but the past two years have been hard going for me and my family.

Mum got diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer two years ago, just a few months after her own mum passed away. She fought it really hard and the treatment was brutal - but unfortunately passed away at home on the 28th Dec just after Christmas.

As you can imagine Christmas was not the usual one for our family, and seeing your mum pass away in front of you is, well, you can imagine.

The past few weeks have been busy helping dad, sorting out the formalities, funeral music and photos etc, all very emotional and we have the funeral next week.

Of course I’ve dealt with losing a grandparent or relatives before, but not one of your actual parents and is starting to me more and more now as each week goes on.

Wondered if anyone here has been in the same position losing a parent and how they dealt with it?