• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

That was rather unexpected. After around 4 years without any contact, one of my best friends from primary school emailed me today. It was rather odd to hear from her after such a long time, but it was very nice.

More bittersweet than happy but important to me nonetheless and one for the train enthusiasts on here. As some of you in the railway press will know that Union of South Africa is now retired and her owner is moving it and The Great Marquees all the way up to his farm in East Fife round about my neck of the woods so I couldn't miss out on a once in a lifetime chance.

Wish they were sent to our little railway which is actually just less than 10 miles away from her owner's farm so I'm a little miffed by this 'my ball my rules' mindset though they are his locomotives, just saying combinding resources in these times would have been good business wise. Anyway here are some images from the move.

20230422_194454.jpg

IMG-20230422-WA0002.jpg
Yours truly with my favourite A4 of all...she maybe Doncaster built but she will always be a Fifer to many of us and will always will be. But perhaps she is not dead, but resting...

Speaking of railways and how we have been complaining about Merlin's lack of care of parks, this has oddly inspired me to do better in which with our first open day of the year at the heritage railway starts next week, I felt the need to do better and give much TLC by painting up areas and work on our garden to keep up appearances. Might not be major and would like more help but I'm wanting to show that a bunch of volunteers who are dedicated can do a better job taking care of an area compared to some big company and that does make me feel a little happy at what I do that I hope will be appreciated.

I almost can't believe I'm typing this, but after several attempts since 2019...I'M FINALLY GOING TO NEW YORK THIS YEAR! :D
Lucky you Balsdon! Have a lovely time!

It's Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom release day, excitement is an understatement! I'm not going to be able to play it until Sunday evening, but I have been looking forward to this game for a very long time now!
Dex (eldest son) currently has it downloading - somehow I've been conned into buying it for him digitally so can't play it on my switch unless I pay again... feels like I've been scammed by my own son 😂

Attachments

• 20230512_115431.jpg
    20230512_115431.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 29
Loving that wallpaper, I must say!
It turned out so well! I used to collect gaming mags in my youth and instead of letting them sit and rot, thought they'd make a good wall mural, paired with some more modern posters he had!

He's also got a Pokémon card wall - his bedroom is my favourite room of the house 😂

Attachments

• 20230512_120951.jpg
    20230512_120951.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 16
Didn't think study leave happened anymore!
We were dragged into the main hall midweek, to be informed that we were to go home immediately, and only come back for exams.
"If you come on school premises without advance permission, on anything other than an exam day, the police will be called."
Lovely.
They might have had one or two problems in years past!
Loved the seventies.

Eurovision on Wednesday night was absolutely phenomenal. Truly one of the best nights of my life. Was singing for most of the night to the songs being performed as well as some of the well-known ones from previous years. One of the people near us was very impressed that I got one of the songs in the warm-up from a single note!

Managed to get pretty close to the stage, which made me very happy. Got some cracking photos as well, though my favourite is arguably this one which I took of the stage as soon as I entered the arena.

b39129591fe78804a5e281df31ac4b9e.jpg

I remember going on a primary school trip to Dymchurch in the mid 80s. I can still recall how excited I was to visit the little amusement park there, the ghost train was so thrilling yet absolutely terrifying to me, I remember grabbing hold of my mate next to me in terror!
The ghost train there has the same layout as Terror Castle at Brean.

I remember going on a primary school trip to Dymchurch in the mid 80s. I can still recall how excited I was to visit the little amusement park there, the ghost train was so thrilling yet absolutely terrifying to me, I remember grabbing hold of my mate next to me in terror!

Speaking of that, we had a 40 min break between trains. Got a +1, bought some chips, photo'd one service and got on another.

PXL_20230513_124633010.jpg

PXL_20230513_130908578~2.jpg