• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

I don't normally post on this thread but I do have good reason to for once. Today we had a very successful open day on our railway today with a bus gala all arrange by the younger lads to see if they could pull of an event and I'm please to say that they pulled off an event that surpassed any of our expectations in which we had a busy day and good atmosphere along with making a good deal of money which I feel proud be part of something that brings joy to many and looking likely to be a major attraction for Fife, more so next year when the Levenmouth railway opens right next door to us.

Gives me good reason to feel that if the young guard could put on a good event like today then I'm sure our wee railway will thrive with further events to follow. :) Yes, I can be happy at times as you can see.

I apologise for talking about a slightly less momentous occasion than others in this thread, but I have to say that I felt very gratified after my driving lesson today.

I've been learning for over a year now, and in spite of my driving experience having been far from plain sailing, it has felt like I've steadily gotten better over time, but today felt particularly good! I felt more confident, my driving instructor only made very occasional interjections, I did three parallel parks and they all went very well, and overall, it just felt like everything fell into place today!

I know it sounds small, but learning to drive has been a real uphill struggle for me, so today's lesson certainly made me feel happy.

On a side note, I fly to Florida for a two week holiday on Saturday, and I'm really excited about that!

Yup, all of a sudden, the hands, feet and eyes all seem to know what they are doing, leaving your brain to get on with the job in hand!
Well done, glad it has all clicked, don't worry if you have the odd bad lesson, just get that test application banged in.

Everyone's different when it comes to learning how to drive. It took me nearly a year of lessons before I passed my test, and it was on the second attempt. Failed the first one due to a dodgy parallel park right at the end of the test (I'd passed it up until that point), and the examiner's first words when we got back to the test centre were "Not successful, I'm afraid". I mean, she could've used a bit more tact. Think I was probably more upset about how she told me I'd failed rather than the fact that I'd failed. When I did pass my test, I got a different examiner (guess it was just complete luck as to who I got), and it was much easier to get on with this guy. When he told me I'd passed, I was so happy, but I guess I was also relieved that I didn't have to do the test again. :p

I'm really happy for you that things are starting to click more easily for you, Matt - I hope they continue to do so. :)

I feel bad for posting in this thread again in such quick succession, but I'm having a very good couple of days... because I got my first Semester 2 assignment back from university today, and I got a grade of 91/100, which was beyond even my wildest hopes for that module! That's the joint highest grade I've ever achieved, and to make things even better, this 91 actually counts towards my final degree classification because it's in second year, so my average grade so far (of the assignments that count) has now entered the territory of a First!

I won't lie, there's still a little nagging feeling in my brain that questions whether I really deserve the mark, but I am nonetheless very pleased and surprised to have received that grade!

I feel bad for posting in this thread again in such quick succession, but I'm having a very good couple of days... because I got my first Semester 2 assignment back from university today, and I got a grade of 91/100, which was beyond even my wildest hopes for that module! That's the joint highest grade I've ever achieved, and to make things even better, this 91 actually counts towards my final degree classification because it's in second year, so my average grade so far (of the assignments that count) has now entered the territory of a First!

I won't lie, there's still a little nagging feeling in my brain that questions whether I really deserve the mark, but I am nonetheless very pleased and surprised to have received that grade!
Congrats Matt, keep it up!

I feel bad for posting in this thread again in such quick succession, but I'm having a very good couple of days...

Absolutely no need to feel bad at all! This is a thread for talking about what makes us feel happy and for celebrating good news and achievements, feel free to post as often as you like. I’ve always thought that the supposed stigma on here against “double posting” is a bit unnecessary, not that you actually have double posted of course.

Anyway, congratulations on your grades!

’ve always thought that the supposed stigma on here against “double posting” is a bit unnecessary, not that you actually have double posted of course.
Just to address this, there is a time and a place for double-posting, namely when you have a new piece of information/point to put across and it's been a while since your last post. We request that double-posting doesn't take place if only a short amount of time has passed and/or it could have easily been an edit to the original post. This is to keep the forum looking as tidy as possible and to make it easy for all to read.

Anyway, drifting swiftly back on topic, @Matt N there's no need to feel that you don't deserve the grade... if you didn't, your lecturer wouldn't have given it to you in the first place!

If it makes you feel better Matt, I have a very reasonable copy of the double post whip, if you wish to borrow,
Self flagellation is not just used for religious purposes these days.

"Heatwave working adjustments for manual workers."
Start gardening round doing quiet jobs around 6am, weeding and pottering, slop a bit of water around.
Get the big blower out for certain customers/thoosies awakening at 8:00 precisely.
No lawns, drought.
Knock off at 11 due to heat, old age, and need to maintain health and safety.
Crevettes by 1.

Come on now, give it a gentle plug, I loved Alton Towers Mammaries...
That was what it was called wasn't it?
Edit...Alton Towers Memories...I stand corrected Mr Zola.
Last nights "month end meet up" booze still in effect, sorry.

Last edited:
I held a few parrots today for the first time. This was one of them;

IMG_20230626_115748741.jpg

This was at Tropical Birdland, near Leicester. Fantastic day out and highly recommended. It's only an hour from Towers too.

Last edited:
I held a few parrots today for the first time. This was one of them;

IMG_20230626_115748741.jpg

This was at Tropical Birdland, near Leicester. Fantastic day out and highly recommended. It's only an hour from Towers too.

It looks like you had a great time!

I have received my end-of-year results for French. In both the reading+listening exam and the writing exam, I got a Grade 9. It surprised me a bit, because I was expecting lower.