• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

I wouldn't say that I am, interestingly. I 'only' went on Storm Chaser 6 times, which may be why. I spent most of my time in Lost Kingdom.
Storm chaser makes me feel a bit Ill to be honest, but the cyclonator makes my brain feel like mush. Safe to say I needed a sit out after that one! Quite impressed

I’ve been quite down recently (mainly due to money worries, (as in absolutely skint!) and work being really pants).

Today one of my colleagues asked me to step into a room because she wanted to talk to me about something. We are a small team of 5. To my surprise the whole gang was there (we’re all generally out on the road doing our various things) and they’d been plotting for days and they’d put together a massive hamper of Xmas goodies for me.

I actually burst into tears, but it was so lovely to feel appreciated and spoilt.
They are the loveliest, kindest most thoughtful angels.

They’ve made me so happy today.

Well then, this has been a busier Christmas period than normal, not only for my car's MOT and that I happen to have a niece, mother and sister who all have December birthdays, but that now I have finally over this period since November gotten my new flat which admittedly should have happened 2 years ago but covid delayed everything but better late than never although I'm unable to get it finished with all the renovation taking place, things are looking up nonetheless though while it has been a damn expensive December for me than normal (even ignoring inflation), things are look up and hopefully by February, I would have moved in and ready to begin the next chapter of my life.

Just rolling along hoping for the best.

Decided to stop vaping randomly one evening. 10 days later and I haven’t touched one, thought about buying another stupid disposable or gone mental at work due to the cravings.

I never thought giving up nicotine would be this easy. The only thing I’m struggling with is my hands not being occupied as I would happily sit there all night with a vape in my hand.

I’ve smoked/vaped every day for the last 9 years and out of nowhere, kicked the habit like it never happened.

Decided to stop vaping randomly one evening. 10 days later and I haven’t touched one, thought about buying another stupid disposable or gone mental at work due to the cravings.

I never thought giving up nicotine would be this easy. The only thing I’m struggling with is my hands not being occupied as I would happily sit there all night with a vape in my hand.

I’ve smoked/vaped every day for the last 9 years and out of nowhere, kicked the habit like it never happened.

Become addicted to Lego like most of us. You will have plenty to build and no chair to sit on as you'll have sold your belongings for more Lego.

Become addicted to Lego like most of us. You will have plenty to build and no chair to sit on as you'll have sold your belongings for more Lego.
I’d recommend the medieval blacksmith to anyone!

Well done. I cannot state enough how proud you should be of yourself. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known to man, and goose. This is a great start and long may it continue.

Today was the first time since I got my new job that my boss has gone away for more than a day at a time, leaving me as the most senior member of technical staff in the theatre, and we had an absolutely relentless day where pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. But I dealt with it, and it all got sorted without needing to ring up my manager to ask a question which I have done before. Super proud of myself!

Today was the first time since I got my new job that my boss has gone away for more than a day at a time, leaving me as the most senior member of technical staff in the theatre, and we had an absolutely relentless day where pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. But I dealt with it, and it all got sorted without needing to ring up my manager to ask a question which I have done before. Super proud of myself!
Well done! A true trial by fire which, by the sounds of it, you handled incredibly well. Definitely take it as a blessing that you ran into so many problems at the same time, but kept a cool head and problem solved your way through it independently. Should hopefully stop any imposter syndrome feeling and give you more of a professional confidence boost.

I made a very sad topic recently about my previous drug use. But now I want to use this thread to show my progress. I’m starting to feel like a new man, I’ve started running distance and hiking. It’s really gave me something to focus on and an eventual goal. I’m interested to hear if anyone else has found happiness in running or other physical activity.

Hiking is great for taking your mind and body to another more pleasant place. Just getting out there with a map and a goal and seeing what you'll find along the way (and if it's a mountain, with the obvious goal of the peak at the end). The occasional jog is helpful for that natural feelgood factor too. I try to do both when I get the chance. It sounds like you're doing the right things. Keep going :)

I made a very sad topic recently about my previous drug use. But now I want to use this thread to show my progress. I’m starting to feel like a new man, I’ve started running distance and hiking. It’s really gave me something to focus on and an eventual goal. I’m interested to hear if anyone else has found happiness in running or other physical activity.
Absolutely. I had trouble with my mental health (I still do sometimes) and found both running and hiking to be a great help. One of my biggest problems was that I comforted myself by eating things like KFC which made me very overweight which re-enforced my bad mental health. I completed the couch to 5k about 15 years ago and even now I still aim to run 3 or 4 times a week. It helped me lose weight and keep it off (making me happier) and I just love the feeling of accomplishment it gives me.

Hiking is also a godsend for me. I walked Hadrian's Wall a few years ago and I am currently at 199 out of the 214 Wainwrights. Again, it is all a massive mental health boost. I particularly love the full day hikes where you have no phone signal. It's absolute bliss. I also feel that we don't always realise how wonderful this country is - being out in the Highlands or the lakes puts so much into perspective.

So within the space of a couple of hours, Joe Locke (Charlie Spring in Heartstopper) is confirmed to be taking part in the Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake-Off later this year (his episode will also feature Sara Cox, Adam Hills, and Rev Richard Coles). Then it's announced that Malin Åkerman will be hosting the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö this May alongside the legendary Petra Mede. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement!