• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

This might seem an odd thing to be happy about, but I've just today received an official diagnosis for endometriosis. Finally after years of unbearable pain, gaslighting GPs and suffering through in silence I have some answers - and for the first time ever some proper treatment options. There's no easy fix for this or magic wand to wave - and no doubt it'll be a long road ahead, but at least I finally have some clarity and recognition so I can start moving in the right direction. It feels like I've been bashing my head against a brick wall for years and finally I can start to see some cracks forming in it.

This might seem an odd thing to be happy about, but I've just today received an official diagnosis for endometriosis. Finally after years of unbearable pain, gaslighting GPs and suffering through in silence I have some answers - and for the first time ever some proper treatment options. There's no easy fix for this or magic wand to wave - and no doubt it'll be a long road ahead, but at least I finally have some clarity and recognition so I can start moving in the right direction. It feels like I've been bashing my head against a brick wall for years and finally I can start to see some cracks forming in it.
I wonder if at least some of the happiness here is relief, in that you've finally got a diagnosis that you've been fighting to get for ages. I'll fully admit I don't know very much about endometriosis, but I really hope that treatment will help improve things for you.

Glad to hear you've finally got a diagnosis. It's closure for you isn't it, you finally have answers.

Last edited:
Another 5k run today, starting to feel the real benefits . Flying back to the UK tomorrow to start my new job too! Back to being a chef after the pandemic decimated the industry. I’ve also put my name on a new motorbike! So many summer rides to theme parks this year. Plenty to look forward to this year. Just need to keep my mind in the right place!

Some exciting news if you follow alternate history.

I'm proud to announce that that alternate epic Beatles timeline called The Fingerprints of Epstein (what if Brian Epstein hadn't died) has been nominated as one of four of the best pop culture timelines of the year and voting is taking place in which my timeline is currently in second place and with voting closing on Saturday, hopefully I might sneak victory.

For something I've written 200k words for, it is something I'd want to publish in the near future and for those who want to read of vote for it, please find the link here to give me the support that'll put me over the line. I hope you'll enjoy what I've done in my spare time. :)

Today, what's making me really happy is the fact that I finally finished reading that book I've been wanting to dive into for weeks! There's something so satisfying about turning that last page and feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Me and my dad walked down to the local garage this morning and put down a deposit on my first ever car! It looked tidy, it felt nice as my dad was driving it, my dad said that it drove nicely, and overall, it seemed very good!

I know I haven’t passed a driving test yet, but it will be good to have something to practice in nonetheless.

And even though I wouldn’t call myself a massive car nerd, there is something that feels somewhat exciting about getting my first car!

I completed the 214 Wainwright's yesterday, finishing on Slight Side. As I sat eating my ham sandwiches and admiring the view it all felt really anti-climatic. I had trudged around the lakes, mostly by myself (through choice!) in all weathers, and it has taken me a good few years. I had followed others on social media who have also completed the challenge - all of whom seemed to have a massive outpouring of emotion, excitement and joy at the accomplishment. I didn't.

On reflection, I am pleased to have completed the 214... hiking the fells has helped me get through quite a tough time and has massively helped my mental health. Dare I say it, at my worst it may have even helped keep me alive. So... yes, I am happy but I now realise that my issue with completing this is now I have to deal with the question "what next?"

1711956664468.png
My ham sandwich view.

Sorry Chris, I can't spot the sandwich...
Well done mate, My dearest Aunty Lily, who was my early carer, was a good friend of Wainwright.
She used to walk the lakes with him with Blackburn Ramblers, on the train most Sundays through the fifties and sixties.
A good Lancashire suggestion, walk every local lake and reservoir...fewer hills...easier access.
Anglezarke is stunning, and five minutes from the motorway.

Alrighty then folks, today I head south to Towers for two days there for the 2nd and 3rd. No idea how it'll all end up but just the thought of going on a trip always makes be feel a little happy at the very least and always good to get back to Towers for another invasion from Fife.

Shame no Hex is going to be working though...

8,780 words later, I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve finally submitted my undergraduate degree dissertation after nearly a year of work overall!

I won’t lie, I’m incredibly nervous to see how it’s received, and I’m nervous about the spoken viva component that’s still yet to come at the end of May. Nonetheless, I’m happy with what I managed to produce, my dissertation supervisor seemed happy with it, and now I’ve finally finished it, it does feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders!