• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Congrats! Although 8780 feels quite low for you Matt… I’m sure you’ve written posts on here longer than that. ;)
Let me assure you that 8,780 was only reached after some ruthless word cutting and ruthless editing decisions to try and get below an upper bound of 8,800... if I'm remembering correctly, my initial draft was over 10,000 words!

8,780 words later, I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve finally submitted my undergraduate degree dissertation after nearly a year of work overall!

I won’t lie, I’m incredibly nervous to see how it’s received, and I’m nervous about the spoken viva component that’s still yet to come at the end of May. Nonetheless, I’m happy with what I managed to produce, my dissertation supervisor seemed happy with it, and now I’ve finally finished it, it does feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders!
Well done Matt, lots of work has clearly gone into it and I hope you get a good grade out of it.

For far too long, my favourite Zippo (the skull one I got to go with my pirate outfit) has been struggling to ignite. Nomatter how much I filled it, or replaced the flint, it was being a bugger.

Then it occured to me: I've had this thing for just over a decade, and I've never replaced the wick!

Got a new one today, and replaced it. The old wick only had about half an inch still in the wadding. No wonder!

Good as new! Happy slaphead!

Was scrolling through Reddit the other day and found a tattoo of Mr Flibble from Red Dwarf. Turns out the artist who did it was the same one who did my tattoo a few months back, and it was done on her partner. Left a message saying I thought the tattoo was brilliant, and that my artist was great when she did mine, to then get a lovely message back. Win! :D Having said that, it’s given me some more motivation to get my first tattoo redone and also start to contemplate what to choose from my list for tattoo number three…:p

Oh, and in other news, I got baptised & received into membership at my church a couple of months ago. I’m delighted to report that I’m now on the Church Council for the next three years, which basically means I get to vote on how the church is run.

Oh, and in other news, I got baptised & received into membership at my church a couple of months ago. I’m delighted to report that I’m now on the Church Council for the next three years, which basically means I get to vote on how the church is run.
Congrats! Remember to always do good... and the most important rule of them all...

Everything always has to come back to musical theatre.... and ideally Andrew Rannells.

Last edited:
Me and my dad walked down to the local garage this morning and put down a deposit on my first ever car! It looked tidy, it felt nice as my dad was driving it, my dad said that it drove nicely, and overall, it seemed very good!

I know I haven’t passed a driving test yet, but it will be good to have something to practice in nonetheless.

And even though I wouldn’t call myself a massive car nerd, there is something that feels somewhat exciting about getting my first car!

Please tell me you actually test drove it too?

You aren't your dad though. Personal preference is huge on such a thing. My dad won't drive one of my cars and struggles to get in it, one of his I don't like due to the pedals being at a weird angle, the identical ones we have drive completely differently as well. A learning point for next time though.