• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Down side with passing automatic test is you are limited on what you can drive.
Not really. . .nearly all cars come in both manual and auto options now. .

Most manufacturers are more on the side of auto by default now. . All Audi Rs models are dsg only. .

Even "drivers" cars like the Yaris GR now even come with an auto option.

And the modern dual clutch transmissions are incredible. . Not like the slush boxes of old.

Very minor, I know… but after weeks of playing The 1% Club with my family, I finally got to the 1% question this evening!

I didn’t have a clue on the 1% question itself, mind you, but given my previous record was 15% or 20%, I’m taking getting there alone as a huge win!
That's pretty good going Matt. Believe it or not, for such a thicko, I normally get to 25% plus.

I'm in a good mood today. No rain since this morning and the sun is currently bearing down on me on my walk home from work. I love walks home from work in the summer. Something about winter finally being over that puts me on such a good mood.

That's pretty good going Matt. Believe it or not, for such a thicko, I normally get to 25% plus.
It is so variable depending on the week’s questions for me. I normally get at least far enough to be able to use my pass (so at least 50%), but I’d say my normal elimination point is somewhere between 35% and 50%. My previous record was elimination at 15% or 20%, even if I have known lower percentage questions after that.

There is the odd week, though, where they whack in something like a spot the difference question and I get eliminated at some really high percentage question like 80%. I’m absolutely terrible at the spot the difference ones; one particularly poor week I remember was where the 80% question showed three versions of the same Roman painting, and the question was something like “Which of these has been edited?”. I did not have the slightest clue and got eliminated at 80%… and felt very stupid when they highlighted the one where the Roman soldiers were wearing Nike trainers! I didn’t notice that at all when actually answering the question, but it was so obvious once I had the answer highlighted to me…

It is funny how our minds work, because most weeks, I’ll get eliminated on a question, and then there will be one at a lower percentage that I get pretty much instantly!

Last edited: