• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Right, ok prepare for something a little soppy, i'm not usually that type, but I gotta get this across!

This month I've got my life back after 3 years of depression, ocd, anxiety & a quite frakly boring life. On a few occasions I thought to myself, will I really get better? But In my view of things there is always light at the end on any tunnel. And I've found it!

When it comes to mental health issues, people do tend to be quite weary around it, when in fact 1 in 4 people go through it at some point in their life. Some have mild problems and live with it for countless years, and others such as myself have experienced very severe problems but with the right amount of determination, optimism and motivation, can almost completely wipe it all out!

I have honestly never felt so happy in my life! I'm meeting up with old friends I used to hang out with, along with getting back into main-stream education and doing something with my life! And whether there are ups & downs, I will always remain positive! (told you it was soppy) ;)

Despite the help I have received from the NHS etc. It shows that once you find that motivation to hold on to, and you stick with it. Things will always improve! I won't go into the exact problems I had, as well, what's the point in looking backwards? Live for the moment & for the rest Is What I say!

So anyone out there who is experiencing problems of their own, be it minor, or severe, remember that no matter what you will get there in the end, and when you do it really does feel like you're starting a new life where everything is new and exciting! :D

So anyway, enough of the soppiness, I just had to express that one way or another and I feel much better for doing so! And at one point I would not have posted anything like this as I would have thought it was "tempting fate", when why should you believe in all that nonsense? Quite frankly just forget about the unimportant things, and do what you feel is right!

:D

Absolutely buzzing from all the excitement of attending the People's Assembly Against Austerity today!

Highlights include:
- Bizarrely bumping into and chatting with Green Party Leader, Natalie Bennett on the underground train journey there!
- Quickly getting a photo with Caroline Lucas and seeing her speech at the Climate Change talk where the audience roared in support after announcing she is drafting a private member's bill to renationalise the railways.
- Gill George's rousing speech at the Protecting Our NHS talk.
- Tony Benn getting the biggest and most deserved standing ovation I've ever known.
- Possibly the best speech of the whole event by Francesca Martinez.
- The constant scorn everyone displayed for Ed Miiiband and Labour's commitment to George Osborne's spending cuts.
- The feeling of solidarity and hope that I've not had for some time.

:D

Meat Pie said:
- The feeling of solidarity and hope that I've not had for some time.

Treasure that, Meat Pie, it's a good feeling and holding onto it will fight away the badness. I'm genuinely very happy to hear that you've had a great time. :)

On the 27th and 28th June...I finally end up in Europa Park! Germany here comes the mad Scotsman! :D

I have my appointment with the surgeon in August, so will be expecting to have the operation by March/April :)

I have been signed off from recovery for my ED after a long but so worth it 34 weeks :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

New top gear on Sunday with Glastonbury, formula 1 and tennis highlights :)

I've got a new job :) Better hours, with kids instead of adults, more money, all round good news!

Also had a fantastic couple of days at Towers, stayed at Splash for the first time. Laughed so much my tummy muscles are sore.

Just generally very happy right now :)

One of my suppliers just brought me in a 'present' which so happens to be a weekend ticket for silverstone in their hospitality. Wasn't expecting that, so yeah "i feel happy" is an understatement really.

Just packed my case, I jet off to Barcelona for a city holiday tomorrow. Very excited, if anyone here has been I'd love to hear some opinions! :)

Harvey. said:
Just packed my case, I jet off to Barcelona for a city holiday tomorrow. Very excited, if anyone here has been I'd love to hear some opinions! :)

Never been and not personally a big fan of Spain due to their attitude towards animals, that being said it looks an incredible city so have a wonderful time and safe travel!

Harvey. said:

Barcelona is a beautiful city, I would recommend the Dali museum even if you're not a massive fan of Surrealism. We spent just over half a day there due to the sheer size of the place. There are also some "interactive" exhibits that you put a euro in and then they activate which are quite interesting. Make sure you schedule enough time for La Sagrada Familia, we had two hours which was nowhere near enough time - get a ticket for the lift to the towers also.

Have a fantastic time!

smudge said:
One of my suppliers just brought me in a 'present' which so happens to be a weekend ticket for silverstone in their hospitality. Wasn't expecting that, so yeah "i feel happy" is an understatement really.
Any jobs going at your job :)

I finally gave in and bought myself a 3DS. I won't be needing driving lessons, a car or can afford a holiday any time soon, so why not?!

Looking forward to playing New Leaf and Luigi's Mansion 2 now. :D

Panda said:
I finally gave in and bought myself a 3DS. I won't be needing driving lessons, a car or can afford a holiday any time soon, so why not?!

Looking forward to playing New Leaf and Luigi's Mansion 2 now. :D

LewisNavex said:
Happy because Panda finally has a 3DS and I can steal all her fruits on Animal Crossing! :3

Well I'm glad you two are enjoying Animal Crossing, because I could brought it today but didn't and now I feel like an idiot...

But anyway, fancy exchanging codes? =)

Got myself a pair of these :D (Imagine the ones in the image, but size 12)

51Rw3U%2BGCbL.jpg

I doubt many people would be willing, if at all, to read this in full so I'll put right here:

tl;dr I have good skills so employ me!

- - - - - - - - - -

The last 10 months have been a massive difference to me what with going back into education and it's amazing on how I've gone from not actually knowing what sector I'd like to be employed in to having at least 3 potential careers waiting for me when I finish my final year at another university.

But the thing is, the massive thing here is, that two of these careers have not stemmed from my course whatsoever. Of course I have a major interest in working in the film industry, I want to expand my creativity in visualising stories either original or established, but I don't yet feel that's my path.
Just because I get Distinctions all around doesn't mean I'll be any good in a low wage runner job; I don't have the experience. And what didn't help was that I was around students who were there because they liked films, only a small amount wanted to go into the industry but they were never keen to talk about films in such micro details as I did.

That was when I came across the Students Union. I wanted to begin a film club in the college for people who genuinely adored films and could see it more than just being visual entertainment. Unfortunately the idea never jumped off the ground due to regulations involving funding and large groups of people but the SU managed to catch my eye as someplace I'd like to volunteer in. After much urging from individuals within the SU, I joined on as an Academy Rep but didn't actually do a lot in that role. I was very active by visiting the office and in pushing minor things but there were no tasks or campaigns whatsoever going on.

It wasn't until the annual conference that I found there was so much to be pushing with the SU and even moreso with the candidates in the latest elections, it was then I decided that I wanted to be in a bigger role, a much more organised one that would benefit others by honing in their skills and creativity; Vice President. It was a huge jump from an inactive role to one where I made the decisions but the moment I became said officer, I knew what I wanted to do to change the SU from being inactive to being big on our two campuses.

It's from working closely with the Student Liaison & Welfare Manager and the Student Engagement Officer that I decided that I would love to have a career in a college or university within student services. It's important, I find, to help students find their potential and what they truly want as a career that will enrich and educate them for the future and it's important to make those services visible. I know very well that I have the skills and pending foundation degree to apply for one so I'm not worried.

But the third career that sprung up is very recent and perhaps a little hasty. I went to the NUS FE Leadership course to learn from elected officers both in the National Union of Students and from various colleges across England via networking how to make our Students Union visible, effective and detrimental to the lives of students, as I said, across England who need to learn that's there more to that institution than just studying.

Over the entire 2 and a half days of intense training, my head was ringing with "We're doing it all wrong at ours, how can we change our habits into something better and consistent?" and then it hit me that not only did I want to work with a college in student services, I also wanted to work with the NUS directly, even be employed by them, and make a difference in actions which will always speak louder than words.

Considering how education in HE and FE is being led astray, I want to contribute to every year and generation of students that will have their voices stifled by Michael Gove and those who think dragging away the rights and needs is fair when they had them at our ages. Suli Breaks describes it all really.

So thanks to the opportunities that most of the careers would be able to give me when I leave education, I can essentially say that I can't wait to make a difference somewhere to help students fight back for their voice without violence and to show students why they matter.

Those are just the paths I plan to create in life, over time, and that's why I'm happy.

:)