• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

JordanC said:
All A*'s in my GCSE's!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Wow - that's fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself! :D

In slightly related news, it was A Level results last week, as I'm sure most of you are aware. My younger brother had applied to study Maths at Imperial College London, and they wanted A*A*AA, with both A* grades in Maths and Further Maths (he only picked Further Maths up from September 2012, and managed to complete the whole A Level in just one year), and the A grades in Physics and Chemistry. Well, cue my surprise when Dad got a text through with the results (he'd gone to Truro College with Mum to pick the results up). He didn't get one A*. He didn't get two. Not even three. Yep, my little brother is a genius. He got 4 A* grades at A Level! I was genuinely speechless, and that doesn't happen to me very often. I'm seriously proud of him, and I know that he'll do very well at uni if he carries on like he has. It's things like that which make me smile a lot. :D

And hopefully I'll be smiling tomorrow as well... :p

That was a slightly dramatic change of events. My ex-GF decides to appear out of nowhere and says she still loves me. And since I am single. and she asked if we would go out again. I said yes. :)

While I was at Towers yesterday, I got a text from Sainsbury's about a job I'd applied for, saying that they wanted to interview me. This came as a massive surprise to me, seeing as I've only ever had one job interview before, and no employment history to speak of at all. I called them later that day while still on park to get it all arranged, which wasn't the easiest of things to do - especially as I had to change one of my references and didn't have contact information to hand very easily. Still, it's progress, and who knows - by the end of next week, I may finally have a job! :D

Just had the job interview for Sainsbury's. It went better than I'd expected it to go. :)

Now to play the waiting game, so expect me to post in either this or the 'I Feel Down' topic within (hopefully) the next couple of days...

I haven't purged for at least 3 weeks, I feel great, alive! I haven't even had the urge.

Russ said:
I haven't purged for at least 3 weeks, I feel great, alive! I haven't even had the urge.

That's absolutely brilliant to hear Russ, well done!

For me, life is... dare I say it... looking good for the time being!

^ good on ya!
SUMMER TERM 2014

Wednesday 23rd April to Friday 4th July (Prep School 4.05pm) and Saturday 5th July (Upper School - 10.45am) 2 months of summer holidays. THEMEPARKS HERE I COME!!!!!!

It's now September, which means I'm going to see Roger Waters in 13 days time.

I've been waiting too long for this moment.

I've just got 2 kittens called "Elvis" & "Wardley" yes i'm not joking. ;) And i'm off to AT on Wednesday, then I start collage on Thursday! :p

1236990_10200933115102855_2100558420_n.jpg

^Wardley

1185074_10200933135623368_955742958_n.jpg

^Elvis (dont step on my blue suede shoes.) ;)

I've just finished my second day in my new job. I'm working in a school for children with autism. Yesterday was an inset day so today was the first day with the pupils in.

It was brilliant! It's a small class of quite challenging children, but that's exactly what I enjoy. I saw so much today and I'd much rather it was like that, than everything be calm at first and then unexpectedly things go wrong. I'm sure that I've made the right decision in moving on.

On top of this, I went on my second TST meet at the weekend and loved it. I find it very difficult to make friends, but I've found everyone to be so welcoming and accepting. Really looking forward to going on more meets, especially Scarefest as I've never been before! :D

Something I rarely discuss, indeed it may come as a surprise to many of you, but tomorrow I finally begin some therapy aimed at cutting my anxiety levels, which have come to be a major burden on my life over the past 10 years, since the death of a close friend when I was just 18.

I am really starting to see a light shining ahead.

:)

I never realised you suffered from anxiety, Dan. You've always seemed so confident whenever I've been on the same meets as you.

That said, best of luck in your therapy =)

Cheers.

I am confident and happy generally, but it's hidden behind my personality and affects day to day living.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Still got a long, long way to go with visits to therapists and psychiatrists... but...

I can start reducing my tablets now! I could literally explode with happiness!

Although it gets overwhelming and representing the student voice is a little scary, I genuinely love working for the Students Union at my college as centre VP. This is particularly when my executive committee and I did not expect an awful lot of new students to be so engaged with us and actually wanting to join us to some extent within the first 4 days of the college re-opening!

There's so much to do in the role, that's slightly intimidating considered all the other college based things going on like actually enrolling on my new course, but getting involved with the SU may be one of the best decisions I ever made, so much so that I'm considering working full time in conjunction with a college SU once I finish education.

Optimistic times all in all :)