• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Finally Passed every bit of coursework for my sixth form course, still go to upgrade some work, but passing it all has been a struggle so glad it is over.

I have struggled with anxiety for all of my life, really. But about a month and a half ago I finally went on some medication (after trying CBT for about a year which made me worse).

Since going on medication I have become much more involved in this forum, made some amazing friends (thank you TheMan, Pixie-Ro and BadlydrawnKelBel), got my MAP, gained confidence at work, had a barbecue at home with several different groups of friends, arranged to go to V Festival, and I'm going to Alton Towers tomorrow with somebody I've met only once.

I feel fantastic! I'm being more sociable, I have more confidence and I'm hoping to get involved in a full meet soon :)

Thanks TST :D

Got an Academic Scholarship to my next school! I can't express my feelings right now! Very HAPPY! I'm also going to Drayton Manor on Friday and after I'm seeng my parents! Too HAPPY!

yme8a6yd.jpg

Just seen the Saturday night in Ibiza when I'm there and I love it :)

Pretty much sorted which bands I'll see at Download :D

Friday:

Slipknot
Converge
Korn
Down
Papa Roach
Semperfi
Architects
Rise To Remain

Saturday:

Iron Maiden
Enter Shikari
Chthonic
Motorhead
Heart Of A Coward
Silent Screams
Nekrogoblinkon
Earthtone9

Sunday:

Rammstein
A Day To Remember
Surrender The Coast
Ghost
Stone Sour
Parkway Drive
Five Finger Death Punch
Black Dogs
The Ghost Inside
Cancer Bats
Sacred Mother Tongue

I'm feeling full of energy and enthusiasm thanks to my new position in my college's Student Union, though perhaps too enthusiastic as I bombard my committee with posts, and have realised that I would genuinely enjoy working at the college as a member of the SU staff. Just a shame I won't be able to be properly employed in that field until after I do my one and only year at University!

I may have 154263 bruises, I may sound like I have been eating gravel and chainsaws, my feet may feel like they are broken but Download has been AWESOME :D

My posts have that many mistakes in them?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky :)

My mood's just lifted somewhat from what it has been over the past few days. I've just opened a letter from FGW containing train travel vouchers to the value of £46.90 as compensation for my train delay a month ago. I knew I'd be getting some compensation, but not that much - it's about half the value of the return ticket I purchased! Win! :D

Found out the funding for my operation has been secured :D

Due to timing, this probably means I won't be able to do the Junket, but I sure as hell have my priorities!

AshleeKel said:
Found out the funding for my operation has been secured :D

Due to timing, this probably means I won't be able to do the Junket, but I sure as hell have my priorities!

That's fantastic news, congratulations ;D

Today, I get to return home for the Summer holidays after 10 months of living in another county for study purposes and, whilst I'll miss the local area and have to temporary abandon my working based duties, I can't wait to have many overdue cuddles with my family (inc. my precious pet rabbit) and to relax from the intense studying I've done. It'll be good returning to my own bed for 2 months!

Rowe said:
Today, I get to return home for the Summer holidays after 10 months of living in another county for study purposes and, whilst I'll miss the local area and have to temporary abandon my working based duties, I can't wait to have many overdue cuddles with my family (inc. my precious pet rabbit) and to relax from the intense studying I've done. It'll be good returning to my own bed for 2 months!

I can't wait to see rabbit photos as they are always adorable!

I feel alive and hopeful and... dare I say it, happy again :)
Not for the first time, and alas, probably not for the last, I seem to have kicked depression's arse.
The last fortnight's been a living hell for me, hence my silence as I foolishly once again allowed my past to become my present, combined with stress and drama at work and... various other unwelcome circumstances.

But now, ready to take on the world and win once again, I'm happy to be alive and making plans for the future. My fairweather friend serotonin seems to be back on my side, the health service have finally provided in style (albeit somewhere between 3 and 10 years overdue!) and I'm eternally grateful to 2 or 3 of my closest friends who amazed me with how well they put me back together. At the risk of making this cheesy and soppy as I have an annoying habit of doing, I did mention this site in a chat with my therapist this morning, realising that it's become more than just a sanctuary for me to hide from the ghosts and the hassle of a certain other site, but it's given me somewhere to unwind and offload to people who seem more accepting than judgemental, and, flicking through my calendar, it's also given me plenty to look forward to :) That's why, no matter what anyone might say - I'm here to stay :p

OK, so I may just be on one of my 'highs' now, or it might just be the calm before the storm, but whatever battle my mind has in store for me, I know it's one I don't plan to lose :)

http://youtu.be/PpGhKbkETMM