• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The London 2012 Olympics - The Events

Almost a shame this is a 5 set match, Murray will want to be in the best possible condition for the mixed doubles later on whatever the result here.

Tom said:
Even Murray is playing far from his best

Murray is playing great.

He's doing incredibly well. 6-2 first set, 6-1 second set. This is actually astounding. We're all behind you Andy, you can do it! :D

Sam said:
Tom said:
Even Murray is playing far from his best

Murray is playing great.

He's doing incredibly well. 6-2 first set, 6-1 second set. This is actually astounding. We're all behind you Andy, you can do it! :D

He's doing what's needed, he isn't playing in his highest gear - but he doesn't need to, that's the point.

GOLD FOR MURRRRRRRRRRAY! Well done Andy, wonderfully played! That's at least one gold and one silver for the Scottish sensation! Now how about Wimbledon next year?

Tom said:
Hopefully he won't cry this time and can be happy for Roger when he wins gold.

Which gold is that then? ;)

Well done to Murray, superb play. I have to admit I think Federer was playing better in the actual Wimbledon tournament but it doesn't matter as Murray was doing fantastic anyway.

I can't believe GB are doing so well. We've also just won a Bronze and Silver in the pommel horse (gymnastics) and apparently the silver was so close to tying with Gold place they had to watch a replay of each attempt to find out who did better.

Tim said:
Well done to Murray, superb play. I have to admit I think Federer was playing better in the actual Wimbledon tournament but it doesn't matter as Murray was doing fantastic anyway.

I can't believe GB are doing so well. We've also just won a Bronze and Silver in the pommel horse (gymnastics) and apparently the silver was so close to tying with Gold place they had to watch a replay of each attempt to find out who did better.

Nah, it was tied but decided on execution score which our guy lost out on.

Credit to Murray though, he destroyed Federer. I don't think I've ever seen Federer play a game and lose so many groundstroke baseline rallies - Murray was just pounding them in again and again. That 15 minute game was crucial to the match, had Murray lost that then I think he would have lost the momentum.

As it is though, 15 golds so far! Brilliant achievement for such a small country. Let's hope for a doubles success later on :)

The Psychoaster said:
As it is though, 15 golds so far!

Not quite, Ben Ainslie won in the sailing- giving us 16 golds.

Didn't see a lot of the tennis, but I hear that Andy did very well. He looked very impressive in the game that I saw. However, I think winning in the mixed doubles would be a bit of a stretch- but it could still happen.

Nick said:
The Psychoaster said:
As it is though, 15 golds so far!

Not quite, Ben Ainslie won in the sailing- giving us 16 golds.

Didn't see a lot of the tennis, but I hear that Andy did very well. He looked very impressive in the game that I saw. However, I think winning in the mixed doubles would be a bit of a stretch- but it could still happen.

Even better!

Well done to Team GB with all the golds so far! Let's hope we continue to see this rise (which I'm sure we can do!) :D

I'm loving the Olympics atm, seem to be the only thing on in our house at the moment aha! I was so happy for Murray winning the gold this afternoon, like others have said so far, Federer was playing much better at Wimbledon.

It does look easy for usain bolt in that semi final what an increable man unlucky chambers though

We're now just 10 medals (including 3 gold) away from our final medal tally of Beijing, with plenty of time to surpass that. This could well be our most successful games in a very long time.

John said:
This could well be our most successful games in a very long time.

If we get those ten more medals and beat our total at Beijing, this'll be our most successful Olympics ever! We won 56 golds in London in 1908, but we were hosting, and there were only 22 countries taking part so it doesn't really count. :p

Well two golds I predicted and I was right. Two more up for grabs tomorrow, Murray didn't look like winning the doubles from the moment when he stepped back on the court. I predict another two tomorrow.

Badminton final had no handshake was a disgrace since the IOC are all for good sportsmanship. Bolt was a bit ego-centered for the photos first and not a handshake, he wasn't as influential as Beijing and a curled up man isn't the best photo anyway.

Love to see the IOC team finish last in a running event my minutes but still finish, the amazing Olympic spirit! :D

Well, today has been a fantastic show of sport. I'm quite pleased with myself in that I managed to correctly predict the results, in terms of countries, of the men's 100m final. If only I'd gone to the bookies and put a few quid on it... :p

The medal tally will really slow now though with the cycling and rowing coming to an end. We really are poor at athletics beyond Mo Farah and Jess Ennis - let's hope he can get something in the 5000m.