• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The London 2012 Olympics - The Events

I'm certainly not saying it's impossible, just that an Olympic sport demands a big audience. As that picture shows it's very hard to get a large crowd around such a small playing field, hence why it's only recently with modern technology that Squash has become a viable spectator sport.

Sink the court into the ground, so that the top of the walls are at ground level. Then, spectators can basically be seated as if it were a small swimming pool.

Sorted ;)

:p

Islander said:
Sink the court into the ground, so that the top of the walls are at ground level. Then, spectators can basically be seated as if it were a small swimming pool.

Sorted ;)

:p

That would be so weird for the players, seeing hordes of spectators looking down on them like gods ;)

The mountain biking just starting looks crazy. Think it could be carnage.

Also, it's about 5 miles from my house!

I love how all the walkers are like 50 years old. Is it only included so as not to discriminate against older people? :p

Let's all do the Mobot! Let's all do the Mobot! Na na naaa na! Na na naaa na!

There's a really high standard of diving tonight well done Tom Daley

Jonathan said:
If Tom Daley wins a medal, who knows what I'll do? :p

Only a bronze but I'm really not sure that short of diving higher tariffs he could have done much better tonight. That first redive really did prove crucial in the end - good decision from the ref and poor from the crowd for going against the rules. YOU DON'T NEED THE FLASH INSIDE, IT'S USELESS, IT ONLY LIGHTS UP THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU RUINING THE PICTURE EVEN FURTHER! That's what they really need to say over the tannoy!

The Psychoaster said:
Jonathan said:
If Tom Daley wins a medal, who knows what I'll do? :p

Only a bronze but I'm really not sure that short of diving higher tariffs he could have done much better tonight. That first redive really did prove crucial in the end - good decision from the ref and poor from the crowd for going against the rules. YOU DON'T NEED THE FLASH INSIDE, IT'S USELESS, IT ONLY LIGHTS UP THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU RUINING THE PICTURE EVEN FURTHER! That's what they really need to say over the tannoy!

Unfortunately you can tell people that as much as you like but they don't listen. While I was watching the Archery last week the commentator was constantly reminding the crowd to turn their flashes off but they weren't listening ::)

Well done to all the Athletes today, I’d say well done individually but they all kept grabbing my attention, had to watch to TV’s at once :p

SLIGHT SPOILER:

284940_485483508130711_1281902289_n.jpg

Not as good at the opening ceremony of course but Mr. Blue Sky, The Beatles and Monty Python are well known worldwide to balance the understanding of Britain more than the very British first ceremony. Was pretty yawn until Beady Eye and from then on. Rio, I wish you the best but all in all we handled this excellent and I'm proud for it. But the massive hangover of a taxbill looms over as we enter "a second rescession". Meh, I'm always cynical with these events however much I enjoy it!

Sammy Highlights

Sheeran and Nick Mason
The Who
Spice Girls
Pet Shop Boys
Annie Lennox
Madness
Emeli Sande
Ray Davies
Elbow
Fatboy Slim
Eric Idle

Sammy Lowlights
Muse
Sebastian Coe
George Michael
Wonderwall

Overall, very good, very fun. :)

It took a while to get going but the Closing Ceremony went out with several bangs! I loved the party attitude, the Rio hand over and 60% of the music! Was comforting to hear Madness, Kate Bush and David Bowie all in the same show.

Hats off to the wonderful Games Makers (I'm aware of a certain two ;)) and the athletes!

Roll on Rio!

p.s.

bKCUN.gif

^ YES! Possibly the best moment of the night, Boris' dance to the Spice Girls.

Have to say much preferred the Closing ceremony to the Opening ceremony. Don't really want it to be over! However, we as a country have done a good job with the Olympics :)