• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Surprised Towers haven't told the showman to find something more suitable lol.
This time it's not actually Towers' doing. 😂

Am I reading too much into this? Or confirmation that SpinJam is with us for 2024 too?

21E51994-B4DF-447C-ADB8-7E2303B6F536.png

Attachments

• 5F7545F4-B7FB-4262-8311-4A71AEBE467B.png
    5F7545F4-B7FB-4262-8311-4A71AEBE467B.png
    567.5 KB · Views: 19
With nemesis coming back next year I think retrosquad should be axed entirely let's hope the hint that twistatron earlier this year with it being here to destroy the retro squad which their geeky marketing kind of implied.

Keep Flavio's but I think the time will be right for them to do away with the rest, I think for the next 3 years it would be good to get a new flat each year imo forbidden valley first should get a new flat ride alongside Nemesis reborn, then 1 flat in the project horizon area if possible because that will need some support capacity and then finish it of with X sector on the 3rd year.

With nemesis coming back next year I think retrosquad should be axed entirely let's hope the hint that twistatron earlier this year with it being here to destroy the retro squad which their geeky marketing kind of implied.

Keep Flavio's but I think the time will be right for them to do away with the rest, I think for the next 3 years it would be good to get a new flat each year imo forbidden valley first should get a new flat ride alongside Nemesis reborn, then 1 flat in the project horizon area if possible because that will need some support capacity and then finish it of with X sector on the 3rd year.
by now they should have just got their own version of Flávio’s, it would be ran better than the fairground one and probably would have been cheaper than what they have been paying for all these years.

I do agree it’s time for the rest to go, but we do need replacements. If we lose the two X-Sector ones then it’s another area with just two coasters and nothing else, and the bottom end will feel like a ghost town again.

There’s next to no chance of them all being replaced in one hit so the best we can realistically hope for next season is one or two removed with one or two replacements - that at least changes the ratio in a positive direction and confirms the intention to remove and replace them.

I would imagine they’d be looking to target FV first as surely there won’t be a new B and M coaster opening with a temp fairground ride in the area.

Arguably FV is the one area which doesn’t need the additional capacity so perhaps they’ll go for the ultra cheap option and remove it whilst citing NST as it’s replacement - hopefully not.

I won't mind Spinjam and Twistatron staying for one more year if, and only if:
They are permanently replaced after PH is built, and
Funk'n'Fly gets a permanent flat ride replacement next year. Only saying this because as pointed out previously if they go after this year they aren't likely to be immediately replaced. I'd rather keep them until they get immediately replacements, compared to them going this year but then being empty plots next year.

I’m absolutely fine with a staged replacement, even if it takes 3 years as long as they’re suitably replaced in terms of either numbers or throughput with high quality, long term rides then happy days.

A statement of intent to actually do that starting next season would go a long way to stopping people like me complaining about it I feel.

I can't say I will miss it when it goes..

So where does that leave that spot for 2024 ? I really hope something is there rather than nothing..

Source UK funfairs 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230824_230229_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230824_230229_Facebook.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 76
It's terrible anyway. If possible it'd be nice to see the Break Dance touring the UK be booked for a season. Or there is actually enough time for Star Fighter to go there and come back for the start of next season.

Ideally? They phone Huss/Mondial/Technical Park and blow 5 million on some flat rides

So do you think funknfly will be staying for a 4th season, or will it get replaced aswell?
In my opinion that's the one that needs replacing the most. Would be criminal if Towers opened the new Nemmy next to a traveling fairground ride. Needs a well-themed, permanent flat ride in its place.

In my opinion that's the one that needs replacing the most. Would be criminal if Towers opened the new Nemmy next to a traveling fairground ride.
Agreed. But maybe (very slim chance) that twistatron destroys the retro squad, making the others go and same with twistatron, as it’s mission is over, or something like that. But then again they wouldnt get 3 permanent flats in one year.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.