• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Per the new TPW video, the Spinjam cycle is around 4m 30s (but believed to be on manual operation) and is very intense. Queue line also goes the opposite way to Mixtape - perhaps not one for if you dont like spinning!

Per the new TPW video, the Spinjam cycle is around 4m 30s (but believed to be on manual operation) and is very intense. Queue line also goes the opposite way to Mixtape - perhaps not one for if you dont like spinning!
It's cool how it was playing the Retrosquad theme during the cycle. Fits the ride nicely in my opinion. Looks awesome from a technical perspective but I don't think I'll be riding it. :p

I'm really not looking foward to riding this

Trouble is we always tell our son 'try it once and if you don't like it you don't have to go on it again'....

I saw the video of this and said no way am i going on that....'try it once and if you don't like it you don't have to go on it again' chirped up my son

We'll find out tomorrow but i have a feeling it's going to knock me for six🤮

I'm really not looking foward to riding this

Trouble is we always tell our son 'try it once and if you don't like it you don't have to go on it again'....

I saw the video of this and said no way am i going on that....'try it once and if you don't like it you don't have to go on it again' chirped up my son

We'll find out tomorrow but i have a feeling it's going to knock me for six🤮
The important thing to remember is unlike at a funfair Towers will have at least one host actively watching the ride in operation as well as the operator. The golden rule is a ride will be stopped if a rider is distressed or unwell, so if you or your son really don't like it and need it to stop, shout "STOP" a few times and wave your arms and they should stop the ride and get you off. 🙂

The important thing to remember is unlike at a funfair Towers will have at least one host actively watching the ride in operation as well as the operator. The golden rule is a ride will be stopped if a rider is distressed or unwell, so if you or your son really don't like it and need it to stop, shout "STOP" a few times and wave your arms and they should stop the ride and get you off. 🙂
I'll be fine....i just know i'm not going to like it😄

I remember saying last year that Mixtape would make a smashing addition (pardon the pun) to X Sector if it were a permanent flat and themed around The Marmaliser, however a Tivoli Extreme now seems like by far a better fit as a potential permanent flat in X Sector, again themed around The Marmaliser. “Marmaliser’s Revenge” or something….

I've never been on it, but Enterprise has been at the Park since the 80s, so it's got some pretty significant history with it, and I doubt that Alton are going to replace one of their oldest attractions without a second thought.

I've never been on it, but Enterprise has been at the Park since the 80s, so it's got some pretty significant history with it, and I doubt that Alton are going to replace one of their oldest attractions without a second thought.
It really would not be without a second thought, the ride has had extensive downtime in the last few seasons and flat rides just aren't designed to run for this long, you can see how many times they've stress tested and welded it. At this stage it would make more sense to replace Enterprise either like-for-like or with another family thrill flat.

It really would not be without a second thought, the ride has had extensive downtime in the last few seasons and flat rides just aren't designed to run for this long, you can see how many times they've stress tested and welded it. At this stage it would make more sense to replace Enterprise either like-for-like or with another family thrill flat.
Tbh the safety aspect alone with an aging ride would be a factor, however as much you stress test etc at some point someone with decide its not worth the risk of press etc

I seriously doubt they care about their permanent flat ride history - there have been plenty come and go since the 80s and plenty that have left the park in the last 18 years alone: Dynamo, Ripsaw, Boneshaker, Submission, Twirling Toadstool, plus no doubt more that I can’t remember.

A smashing jump and a Tivoli extreme permanently themed could both quite easily match The Smiler’s theme
Just thought, Extremes aren't actually manufactured anymore, as the company went bust a fair few years ago. Could purchase a second-hand one and get it themed-up mind. I seriously could see that replacing Spinjam and a permanent Smashing Jump replacing Enterprise. Unlikely, but would be cool. 🙂

Just thought, Extremes aren't actually manufactured anymore, as the company went bust a fair few years ago. Could purchase a second-hand one and get it themed-up mind. I seriously could see that replacing Spinjam and a permanent Smashing Jump replacing Enterprise. Unlikely, but would be cool. 🙂
Merlin have a policy of only purchasing new rides though don’t they ? Therefore I’ve just realised it’s highly likely that it’ll just be this year we have an Extreme on the park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.