• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Does anyone know the highest point of Atmosfear? It can't be any higher than 60ft surely. Wish Towers had a flat like that

Not a fan of the idea of them bringing the same type of ride back. Surely they can be more creative than that
The floorless version is quite different though, with back-to-back seating. Wouldn't make sense to go for the same one as original Rippy, so the floorless version is a no-brainer. Has more theming opportunities as well (see Talocan, although unlikely we'd get that level).

Id expect it would be a floorless version. It would be marketing gold, Ripsaw was a very popular flat ride and always drew crowds especially in the summer. Id like to see a modern breakdance in X Sector. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a deal with Huss for the three flat rides.

Is this apparent confirmation for permanent replacements/purchase from Ms Sammut private, or documented publicly somewhere?

Hot take - Ripsaw generally offered a far more enjoyable ride cycle than Talocan does*. Talocan is significantly more intense and without a floor you can't properly brace yourself against the ride forces. It also has the problem that facing backwards makes it far more nauseating as it's difficult to see where you are due to the wall.

From an operational point of view, the ride takes a long time to park which combined with the slow boarding platform adds significantly to the loading time, reducing capacity.

All things considered, I'd far rather have the standard model back.

* maybe not when Ripsaw was on setting 3 or 5 - they were pretty rubbish

Hot take - Ripsaw generally offered a far more enjoyable ride cycle than Talocan does*. Talocan is significantly more intense and without a floor you can't properly brace yourself against the ride forces. It also has the problem that facing backwards makes it far more nauseating as it's difficult to see where you are due to the wall.

From an operational point of view, the ride takes a long time to park which combined with the slow boarding platform adds significantly to the loading time, reducing capacity.

All things considered, I'd far rather have the standard model back.

* maybe not when Ripsaw was on setting 3 or 5 - they were pretty rubbish
But wouldn't you prefer a new flat that we've not seen at towers before? Something like Samurai or Vortex

But wouldn't you prefer a new flat that we've not seen at towers before? Something like Samurai or Vortex
A floorless topspin is technically something new but if they are getting three new flat rides I'd be quite happy to see something different from the other two. I definitely don't want to see a new Enterprise.

You also have to consider hieght restrictions with Top Scan and Gyro swings etc. I don't think they would have the room for something like Samurai in either Forbidden Valley or Dark Forest. X Sector may be, but I think a Breakdance 5 would look awesome where enterprise was.

If they are getting three new flats then Towers would be pretty much covered for flats for the foreseeable future.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.