• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
morgano said:
I've been studying the game video closely...

I believe the marmalisation occurs once your outside and not inside. Firstly the game text during the lift is "PREPARE FOR MARMALISATION" and secondly the spider has the text "The Marmaliser". Therefore it's safe to assume the marmalisation happens outside. (duh)...

So what is the marmalisation? If Scarefest is any indication then were talking effects (disorientation, water splashes etc...)... So the spider has 5 legs and many people are speculating that each leg will have a purpose (this also links with john wardleys 5 elements to mess with your mind statement).

On closure inspection, i can see 3 of the 5 elements each are attached to the spider legs:

Needles - Injections

Y2fHRk5.jpg

I believe this will be some sort of water splash.

Spotlights?

QCTAznZ.jpg

If these are spotlights I imagine a bright light will be directed at the riders as they pass (disorienting slightly).

Hypno Swirls

PGkQzXP.jpg

I guess these will swirl? I'm not sure what physical interaction they will have other than being disorientating.

Not pictured

The promo picture showed a steam affect so I will assume a 4th affect will be water mist.

Bonus

Appologies if anyone has noticed this, I know a few people pointed out the "15" text, but i never saw anyone point out the rest of the text on the marmiliser.

QE6XCi7.jpg

Basically on closer inspection it says "15 Rotations"

Posted it all again - 15 rotations is quite clear and a great spot by Morgano if this turns out to be correct. Seems logical, the swirly faces with 15 rotations mentioned.

That is too close to the rumours to be co-incidence for me. Obviously not saying it is fact, this is the speculation topic, but that there be some great speculation eh?

15 inversions, I'm less inclined to even care so much how it rides, as that is a serious achievement without bolting a load of in lines together at the end.

Only thing is, could this actually make it a vomit comet?!

TheMan said:
I promise if this has back prodders, I will hunt JW down and prod him in the arm
If this has any of those god-awful, pain-inducing, so-called "effects" that are used to ruin otherwise perfectly good 3D films, I will personally hunt down every last
Censored.gif
involved with this
Censored.gif
thing and
Censored.gif
them in the
Censored.gif
with a
Censored.gif
Censored.gif
till they
Censored.gif
out their
Censored.gif
, will never
Censored.gif
again, and
Censored.gif
through a
Censored.gif
for the rest of their
Censored.gif
lives.

DiogoJ42 said:
TheMan said:
I promise if this has back prodders, I will hunt JW down and prod him in the arm
If this has any of those god-awful, pain-inducing, so-called "effects" that are used to ruin otherwise perfectly good 3D films, I will personally hunt down every last
Censored.gif
involved with this
Censored.gif
thing and
Censored.gif
them in the
Censored.gif
with a
Censored.gif
Censored.gif
till they
Censored.gif
out their
Censored.gif
, will never
Censored.gif
again, and
Censored.gif
through a
Censored.gif
for the rest of their
Censored.gif
lives.

When you quote that post, you realise what a mission that must have been hahaha!

Diogo for you there folks, reminding us again as to why he has the funniest member award ;D

:twirly:

Re: Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Sammy said:
Can I just ask, where has this 15 inversions thing come from? As far as I was aware there was 14? That's all I managed to count from the 'Game Preview' anyway?

Morgano spotted something from the game preview video saying that it would rotate 15 times. It could be referring to something else, but this makes the most sense.

EDIT: Beaten to it by The Man :)

I'm on my new fangled telecommunications device! So if I spell anything wrong, I do apologise.

Longy said:
Rollercoasters4Life said:
Sorry for the double post, but its on about something different to my above post:

Someone on ThemeParkReview posted this:

n8aPpY2.png

'A jab of happiness as you pass by Stage 1 of the marmalisation process'

But then seconds later he got rid of it, then replaced it with a quote of my post off there about the construction phases.

Strange? Fan made image? Any meaning to it?

It's real, but that's all I can say right now.

I'm sure someone will post the full image soon...

What?

Another quick update, the air gates that were delivered yesterday have already been moved to the site, aswell as more supports and the pre-cast concrete stairs.

And also, about half of these have been moved to the site:

481623_415362918534158_2002328285_n.jpg

Not sure what this is, I assume it must be some sort of flooring or cladding?

Alastair said:
Longy said:
Rollercoasters4Life said:
Sorry for the double post, but its on about something different to my above post:

Someone on ThemeParkReview posted this:

n8aPpY2.png

'A jab of happiness as you pass by Stage 1 of the marmalisation process'

But then seconds later he got rid of it, then replaced it with a quote of my post off there about the construction phases.

Strange? Fan made image? Any meaning to it?

It's real, but that's all I can say right now.

I'm sure someone will post the full image soon...

What?

Apparently the image is from the Alton Towers Staff Newsletter. I am guessing they are not allowed to show it to the general public and that Alton Towers may release said information within the newsletter to us as marketing within the next few days/weeks.

This coaster is starting to look like it could rival Nemesis for top coaster at Alton, but if it really does have 15 inversions.Christ, X-sector will sell horrible! The spots by Morgano have me hoping that the 3D effects won't be used as most effects like that look horrible.(In my eyes anyway)

If #getprodded became the new hashtag for the smiler, then they would definitely be unfollowed by me on Twitter :)

I'm on my new fangled telecommunications device! So if I spell anything wrong, I do apologise.

for those who missed the post i believe it read this:-

The Inoculator
The Tickler
The Flasher
The Giggler
The Hypnotiser

Is it going to be sponsored by Razzle?

So who here has a very long jacket....?

I reckon one of those will be a special ORP though for the record. Which is unfortunate really, and will no doubt disappoint some, me included ;D

Right, so where have back prodders or leg ticklers actually come from? Is this a rumour from a reliable source, something mentioned in the staff newsletter, speculation based on what appear to be the 5 marmalising elements or speculation out of nothing? I can't seem to find anything that really suggests The Smiler having these elements.

I pray it doesn't though, I can only imagine that they would be awful and pointless on a coaster.

:)

Just for arguments sake, maybe they could be relevant to the ride if used in a certain section where it could enhance a sensation? I hardly ever comment on this ride, but for what it's worth, I've got a feeling that this is going to be a really enjoyable and successful ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.