• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There's already two sets of leg ticklers in the park, both installed last year. I think it'd be a bit soon, and a bit excessive to install more - the effect is a good one but on three different attractions? I think that's overusing it slightly.

Alastair said:
There's already two sets of leg ticklers in the park, both installed last year. I think it'd be a bit soon, and a bit excessive to install more - the effect is a good one but on three different attractions? I think that's overusing it slightly.

3 if you count the fact that The Sanctuary will be there for the first part of the season ;)

I'd have thought leg ticklers on a coaster would be rather tricky to implement? Surely it'd massively limit the dispatch time as you'd have to wait for the compressor to recharge? Not to mention the extra weight it'd add to the train!

Ian said:
I'd have thought leg ticklers on a coaster would be rather tricky to implement? Surely it'd massively limit the dispatch time as you'd have to wait for the compressor to recharge? Not to mention the extra weight it'd add to the train!

I presume they wouldn't base the dispatch time on the leg tickler tech, they'd presumably find another method of making them wave about :p

Obviously we are all just jumping to conclusions here, and this is one of those times when I really hope we are wrong. But it does seem at least plausible, given those names, that pain-inducing gimicks may feature. If that is the case, it could ruin the re-ride factor. At least in a cinema, or even on Sub Terra, once you know when they are coming you can lean forwards / lift your legs to avoid the pain. Strapped in to a coaster, however, you cannot avoid them.

Alastair said:
Ian said:

I presume they wouldn't base the dispatch time on the leg tickler tech, they'd presumably find another method of making them wave about :p

Maybe use the velocity of the coaster and the breeze going past to blow them around...::)

:p

Game pretty much confirms no launch (both lift hills are chain), also one of the unlockable inversions is called "last twist" - make of that what you will. I can't wait to unlock it ;) Also the trains are OTSR.

Alastair said:
Game pretty much confirms no launch (both lift hills are chain), also one of the unlockable inversions is called "last twist" - make of that what you will. I can't wait to unlock it ;) Also the trains are OTSR.

Had hoped for lap bars. Strange to have them in art work then not for the ride itself.

I don't know much about game design or how long it takes, but I think it could very well be that the game trains were modelled at around the same time as, or before, the original promo image was created. (The one with B&M restraints)

I'm probably in the minority here, and I am not taking the game graphics as an accurate representation, but I find the theming of this ride looks.....erm, a little cheap and garish? For such a large investment, aside from the spider set piece, it reminds me a little of Spinball Whizzer!
Hopefully the actual product willl be a bit more subtle and stylish.

The games graphics are quite blocky and simplistic - so it's hard to judge the theming properly from it. I think that if the ride follows the theme of the game fully then it will look bloody epic!

Also - going by the game, the 5 legs of The Marmaliser will be as follows

Flasher - Bright flashing light: possibly the ORP?
Giggler - a set of misters
Tickler - some kind if brush, like a car wash
Inoculator - a large needle
Hypnotiser - some kind of disorientating effect like spinning wheels

Obviously it's only a rough guide but I like the concept!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I feel that some of the theming might well have been overdone to make the game look a bit more snazzy rather than just a bit dull and dark...

I reckon it's a reasonable adaption of the theming, maybe a decent percentage of accuracy, but maybe not 100% what'll appear in the final real product...

I've not unlocked everything in the game yet but has anyone managed to find out how many inversions there are? Just in what I have seen I can't find 14! 13 at a push maybe! Of course, additional inversions could be unlockable in May so it is hard to come to any real conclusions.

EDIT:

Comparing the overhead view from the plans with that of the game:

sw7planoverview.png

nerazy4a.jpg

I personally think it is clear to see that not all of the inversions are currently unlockable in the game. The game shows no track in the big rectangular "cut out" at the bottom right of the layout. Track clearly will go in here, we know this from construction photos. So the game appears to be hiding a few inversions, but weirdly these inversions are on the plans!

:)

One thing that I have noticed with regard to the game is that the "head chopper" elements don't make a show, whereas other elements from the plans do. It does seem that the plans submitted to the council had a far more "Saw" feel to them in comparison to the psych ward Ministry of Joy themeing we have now, but I was wondering if they have been cut from the ride.

With regards to the "5 a day" - I was wondering if the "flasher" could be something to do with the building before the lift hill. On the game there seems to be an emphasis of the bright light when starting the lift hill - could it be that the building before the lift hill is in darkness and you will then be hit with flood lights as the doors to the lift hill open?

Nothing like burnt retinas as you invert 14 times if you want to disorientate people.

rightbackgranty said:
It does seem that the plans submitted to the council had a far more "Saw" feel to them in comparison to the psych ward Ministry of Joy themeing we have now, but I was wondering if they have been cut from the ride.

Probably because (for once) they saw sense and realised that the theme was irrelevant for X-Sector and then changed it.

:)

There are not going to be leg tickers and back pokers. Where do people presume the cars would get power and compression for these elements? Sub-Terra has massive cylinders for these and actually, it was a bit of a feat getting them up and running for that very small incline.

spin_doctor said:
There are 11 inversions in the fully unlocked version of the game, the other 3 will be in the washing machine element, wait and see. ;)

Trololol. I'll believe it when I see it, and I doubt I'll be seeing it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.