• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If I am wrong (which i'm not) I swear on my life, I will crack an egg on my face an upload a photo of me holding a sign saying, 'I am sorry Towers Street. I suck at life'

That's how sure I am. :cool:

spin_doctor said:
If I am wrong (which i'm not) I swear on my life, I will crack an egg on my face an upload a photo of me holding a sign saying, 'I am sorry Towers Street. I suck at life'

I look forward to that greatly! ;D Where's this beyond vertical drop you were also sure of by the way?

:)

spin_doctor said:

As right as I'm sure you're wrong, you can't really make flippant claims like this and then not back them up! For all we know you're just some troll chilling out at home having a good laugh at us?

What's your source on this? Staff member? Contractor? Technician? John Wardley? If whoever it was did or did not confirm this to you, then if they were that concerned about getting found out, I'm sure if they had any sense they wouldn't have revealed anything at all to anyone. :)

Why would i be laughing at you all? I see no purpose in trolling. My main concern is that you are all so sure it won't happen, that when it does you will slate it. And I hate when enthusiasts slate rides. Many people dont seem to grasp that rides are made for mass markets, not individual groups of people. I have no evidence but word of mouth, and I'm not fighting to make people believe me, It doesn't concern me at all. What frustrates me is people who claim to know for certain that it won't happen, as this is plain lies and nobody can see this until Alton Towers reveal the spinning element.

spin_doctor said:
I see no purpose in trolling.

spin_doctor said:
I literally cannot wait until this element is revealed. I'm gonna post the trolololol video in every thread. :D

As I've said before, when I see this beyond vertical drop you promised, then I'll believe you.

Longy said:
Posted by ColinM on www.ukrides.info

IMG-20130227-WA0000_zpsa189d94e.jpg

Brick relaying shall commence. ;)

It looks like the airgates are in the station, I cant tell if theyre installed or not though

You claim to know for certain it will, so swings and roundabouts. I've got a talking purple dragon in my garden, you'll have to take my word for it, but if you doubt me you'll look stupid when I show it you.

And the E-motion coaster. There's been a few installations. Thirteen was at one point speculated to be one before it was proven to be an Intamin.

Forza_Dan24 said:
"There's nothing wrong with Worlds Firsts, as long as it isn't a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick" - John Wardley
*cough* Th13teen *cough*
a
As much as I believe we won't see the washing machine making an appearance, if it it did it would't suprise me. Towers have been prone to throwing in a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick before in the past 10 years. For case in point see Duel and Th13teen. The above quote maybe John's philosophy but it certainly has been Towers's since John went in to retirement at the end of 2002 and made his return as ride consultant in 2007.

spin_doctor said:
What frustrates me is people who claim to know for certain that it won't happen, as this is plain lies and nobody can see this until Alton Towers reveal the spinning element.

What makes you so certain it WILL happen though? Without any proof, of which we don't have EITHER way at the minute, then who is anyone to believe?

Look at it this way, we have no idea who you are. You've joined the forum to post in this topic specifically to say the washing machine element WILL be there, yet we don't know you from Adam. So forgive us for not believing you without any proof, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem credible at the minute :)

Towers freak said:
Forza_Dan24 said:
"There's nothing wrong with Worlds Firsts, as long as it isn't a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick" - John Wardley
*cough* Th13teen *cough*
a
As much as I believe we won't see the washing machine making an appearance, if it it did it would't suprise me. Towers have been prone to throwing in a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick before in the past 10 years. For case in point see Duel and Th13teen. The above quote maybe John's philosophy but it certainly has been Towers's since John went in to retirement at the end of 2002 and made his return as ride consultant in 2007.
How is Thirteen's drop a gimmick? The whole ride is built around it, and the drop and indoor section is about as long as the main outdoor section. A gimmick is a pointless addition for the sake of it. Not half the ride.

spin_doctor said:

I literally cannot wait for this! It will be very satisfying :p

Also, I noticed something really bad about this photo:

nerazy4a.jpg

It looks like the pit will stay as it is, except for the words 'marmalisation zone' painted in it. ::)

Blaze said:
Towers freak said:
Forza_Dan24 said:
*cough* Th13teen *cough*
a
How is Thirteen's drop a gimmick? The whole ride is built around it, and the drop and indoor section is about as long as the main outdoor section. A gimmick is a pointless addition for the sake of it. Not half the ride.

Thirteen is completely reliant on the drop section - without it it is a poor use of space in an area of the park that desperately needs de-cluttering. This ride, however, already has 13 visible inversions, an impressive central themeing element and what looks like a decent concept. Sticking a washing machine on becomes a gimmick as it doesn't (visibly) improve the ride.

If the secret element was to be a 4D robo arm section, it wouldn't be a gimmick. A pointless stationary inversion - think the pain of submission combined with a rollercoaster - is a needless addition.

Blaze said:
And the E-motion coaster. There's been a few installations. Thirteen was at one point speculated to be one before it was proven to be an Intamin.
Ah, of course. I've been on the one the the Amsterdam Dungeon. Though I would hardly call it "tilting". "Bouncing" would be more accurate.

spin_doctor said:
I have no evidence but word of mouth, and I'm not fighting to make people believe me, It doesn't concern me at all.

Word of mouth? I'm sorry but you are full of misinformation. Here are some of your quotes from things you said on TT:

spin_doctor on TT said:
I don't work for Merlin exactly. I am a freelance cameraman/photographer who's partner happens to be pretty high up at Merlin, so I get work because I am enthusiastic about it. I have been a member on here for a while, and I have divulged details about certain things but never anything that would get me or my partner into trouble. People dont believe me but I'm not too fussed, it will all fall into place and hopefully then I might be considered a valuable source.

I revealed that the ride will have 14 inversions but the 'washing machine' was never my idea. I did an artists impression of it for fun after towerstimes revealed that they heard it was the secret element. It might seem like a risky idea posting that it was I who took the pic but realistically, it doesnt matter. Of course it's easy to trace who I am but I know it wouldnt get me into trouble because I always check first, in all fairness, you knowing who took the pic and who edited it reveals nothing more than the picture shows. Enthusiast forums will always scrutinise fine details hoping for more information but I hate to say that not everything is as complicated and ambiguous as you think. Remember, these marketting releases are aimed at the general public, not enthusiasts, and the general public wouldn't give it a second glance.

Also can I just remind you, I said this ride will have a beyond vertical drop, dont forget that.

spin_doctor on TT said:
ok, So iv posted a lot of stuff on here over the past few monthes. Some of you know, and im sure some of you dont believe that im in a relationship with a marketting director at merlin. I once said that the carts would he standard eurofighter cars. I was wrong, alton towers is a subsidiary or merlin entertainments and has its own marketting department. So my boyfriend doesnt know everything, to my embarasment. That said, i got the opportunity to play the game this evening, the track is exactly, exactly how it appears on the plans. So i guess this confirms the layout will be the same as the plans. Additionally, i can confirm 100%, please believe me. The washing machine is still on. Towertimes was right. I found this out today for certain. The plans are the same and the washing machine element remains. Im excited. The whole purpose is to add further rotations to maintain the record. Obivously to a limit as not to affect throughput.

So are you still in your relationship with Merlin's marketing director? Are you still certain of a beyond vertical drop that isn't being built?

And, you said you played the game and the layout was exactly the same as on the plans. Which game were you playing? As the layout isn't the same.

Time to give up your little game, no-one is ever going to believe anything you say again.

:)

Josh said:
spin_doctor said:

I literally cannot wait for this! It will be very satisfying :p

Also, I noticed something really bad about this photo:

nerazy4a.jpg

It looks like the pit will stay as it is, except for the words 'marmalisation zone' painted in it. ::)

More worrying is the look of the station building in that picture... ::) All in all though, things are looking good for this ride.

Spin Doctor should win an award for the most boring member..............Come back when SW8 is being built to feed us more crap

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.