• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

The Psychoaster said:
Yep, can't deny that the track that's visible in that photo does look exactly like that which is on the plans. You can't help but feel that the particular angle that they've chosen there was meant to hide something though... :p

My thoughts exactly.

At least it'll put to bed the theories that we're getting a completely different coaster to the ones on the initial plans.

adsyrah said:
The Psychoaster said:
Yep, can't deny that the track that's visible in that photo does look exactly like that which is on the plans. You can't help but feel that the particular angle that they've chosen there was meant to hide something though... :p

My thoughts exactly.

At least it'll put to bed the theories that we're getting a completely different coaster to the ones on the initial plans.

Has that theory every been put forward?

I have said repeatedly that what we get wont be exactly like the plans but its going to be similar, my expectation is that we will get the plans as proposed but with the underground bit (not in the plans i might add) and a few "extra" elements. So the plans will not be "accurate", that doesn't mean they had to be completely fiction.

But we will see

:)

Dave said:

I have said repeatedly that what we get wont be exactly like the plans but its going to be similar, my expectation is that we will get the plans as proposed but with the underground bit (not in the plans i might add) and a few "extra" elements. So the plans will not be "accurate", that doesn't mean they had to be completely fiction.

But we will see

Maybe not on this forum specifically, but there were definitely some posters saying they were convinced from the initial construction that we weren't getting the coaster proposed on the plans.

You've always been very adamant that the coaster is going to differ from the plans - why is that?

The underground section didn't have to be on the plans as it's cut and (possibly) cover, so despite that omission I don't see why the rest of the coaster would be any different.

adsyrah said:
Dave said:

But we will see

Maybe not on this forum specifically, but there were definitely some posters saying they were convinced from the initial construction that we weren't getting the coaster proposed on the plans.

You've always been very adamant that the coaster is going to differ from the plans - why is that?

The underground section didn't have to be on the plans as it's cut and (possibly) cover, so despite that omission I don't see why the rest of the coaster would be any different.

My main reasons are:

1) They took great pains to point out they didn't need planning permission for the roller coaster

2) The pit isn't on the plans and landscaping that where on the plans can't happen because now there is a huge pit there.

3) A gut feeling

Dave said:
My main reasons are:

1) They took great pains to point out they didn't need planning permission for the roller coaster

2) The pit isn't on the plans and landscaping that where on the plans can't happen because now there is a huge pit there.

3) A gut feeling

It'll be interesting to see what we do end up with.

I'd be surprised if the parts of the coaster that are visible from outside the park (as pointed out on the plans) are any different. I'd imagine AT could annoy the planning committee if the coaster is more visible than stated, despite them being within their rights to do it. Unless they've told the councillors privately what their intentions were.

Anyway... I'm just pleased to see the cobra roll / batwing element taking shape! That part of the coaster will look pretty impressive in real life!

I think the lift-hills and high points will be the same as will the cobra roll and most of the in-between bits. There is a few points in the plans though that could be turned into an inversion or element to tweak the ride slightly.

Essentially get a few inversions under-ground and add a couple to the existing plans and you get a record, without letting the whole industry know what you are doing.

So about the ride being different. Awkward...

So the far side has to be right because of the high points, the middle has to be right because of the spider, and now the other end, which threw up the most doubt, turns out to be exactly what the plans show.

So yeah, I think we can finally put to bed the idea that the ride will differ. Unless they turn the s-hill before the second lift into a corkscrew and one of the air hills somehow into a zero-g or something.

I agree with Dave on this one - I dont believe the plans we have seen are a true representation of what the finished coaster will look like.

Blaze said:
So about the ride being different. Awkward...

So the far side has to be right because of the high points, the middle has to be right because of the spider, and now the other end, which threw up the most doubt, turns out to be exactly what the plans show.

So yeah, I think we can finally put to bed the idea that the ride will differ. Unless they turn the s-hill before the second lift into a corkscrew and one of the air hills somehow into a zero-g or something.

The middle on the plans goes through 2 legs of the spider so the middle is actually wrong on the plans...

Nothing can be put to bed until we see the coaster fully built.

Just a thought :)

That hardly counts. It's clear the ride is supposed to go though the legs. Just because the NL mock up doesn't fit perfectly doesn't mean a third of the ride will be completely different.

Blaze said:
That hardly counts. It's clear the ride is supposed to go though the legs. Just because the NL mock up doesn't fit perfectly doesn't mean a third of the ride will be completely different.

Its not the NL mock-up, if you plot the track on the plans you hit spider legs, the spider has to be as planned as it required permission. The coaster didn't require permission so it can be altered.

At the moment the only fixed part of the plans is the interlocking cobra/ batwing at the far side of the site. I believe the high-points will be the same too, not because they have to be, but because they are logical and come close to the heritage part of the site so it would have been in best interests to show it accurately for interested parties.

The ability to add 1 or 2 inversions to any point in the ride though has not been disproved and the inaccuracies in the plans certainly show it isn't a concrete document. We will find out when we see the whole site for the first time i suppose.

Just to note the plans did say that the exact leg locations of scenery object A may differ.

Like I said months back the plans were rough because (unless i'm very much mistaken) they would have been made by Merlin and not gerst, who would have then made them more accurate after making the necessary calculations.

So they'll slightly shift the path of the track where it passes through. It's clear that the track is intended to go through the way it does.

What seems more likely, that whoever made the ride in NL for the plans didn't perfectly line everything up, or that they did the real layout for half the ride but change a bit for no reason?

We will see soon enough i guess. The pit already shows they are moving off-plan though.

Having made the video for Nemesis94's No Limits Recreation I can say that the NL track was correctly lined up with that of the plans as an overlay.

I'm still sticking by what I've been saying all along, the finished coaster will be different to what is on the plans. Clearly the cobra roll/batwing element is being built but I don't think anyone has ever stated that this wouldn't be the case. Today's photo does not provide a good representation of how far off the ground or the bottom of the bit the erected track is. From Farley Lane it doesn't appear massively tall, but it can be seen quite easily from outside of the park. TT's next lot of aerial photos will give a lot away in terms of what exactly the pit is being used for.

It's the pit that is the confusing part, and it is the reason that I feel the plans are incorrect. The pit is not on the plans, simple. They can't do the landscaping shown on the plans because of this pit. My feeling is that the pit will all be covered over to form an indoor section, though I must admit I'm starting to have doubts about this from what I've been seeing. If the pit isn't all an indoor section then it will probably end up housing the lower track of the cobra roll etc. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

Is this picture definitely of the bottom of the site and not the first drop over the toilets?

Going back to the indoor part, if it is a cobra roll going in there couldn't they do something disorientating, strobes, flashing lights etc and class it was ''The Marmalisation Process: Phase 1'' with Phase 2 being the outdoor part? I think the park really should mess with our heads in the indoor part though whatever effects they do use to get us saying ''how the hell did they do that!'' or ''what happened in there!''.

I really think they should play on The Sanctuary with this ride and especially The Marmalisation Process.

Dar said:
Is this picture definitely of the bottom of the site and not the first drop over the toilets?

Yep! You can see the sub-station that they have built behind Enterprise.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.