• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

delta79 said:
As for the camera 5:14 thing. I wonder if it might mean 5 of 14 which could mean 5th inversion of 14?

Judging by the fact this was sent to people this morning, I had assumed it was simply to represent the time at which the photo was supposedly taken. As in 5:14 this morning.

See I thought that at first, but look in the background. The sun is visible behind the trees. Usually it's dark until at least 7am this time of year. Interesting theory from Delta though. It's certainly a possibility, and it's a little too coincidental to ignore :)

It could just be random numbers to screw with our heads. Don't forget JW's explanation for the original numbering of Th13teen's trains :p

Ian said:
See I thought that at first, but look in the background. The sun is visible behind the trees. Usually it's dark until at least 7am this time of year. Interesting theory from Delta though. It's certainly a possibility, and it's a little too coincidental to ignore :)

Also, the sun is clearly setting rather than rising there. That camera is pointing vaguely North West, which would indicate a setting sun. And it can't be 5:14 in the evening because it'd be pitch black then.

So, with the handy use of a helicopter obtained photo and Microsoft paint, (There are other photo obtaining methods and drawing software's available) I have drawn this.

a17_zpsdcd0da2d.jpg

Photo from TowersTimes.co.uk

My guess is somebody was stood on that grass mound with a camera, circled in green are the tree to the left and the 3 trees seen in the background. The red cirlce highlights a shipping container, awaiting installation as the rides shop! ;) Only joking... It's two shipping containers (No expense spared with this one! ;)) Seriously though, the red is the Substation! :p

On a side note... I am still totally baffled by this entire coaster! :p

Ian said:

I didn't mean it was actually taken at that time, I don't think towers have 24 hour surveillance of the site! :p I just thought that the marketing team may have put it on there for some effect, to make it seem as though they may have it under constant surveillance. That photo could have been taken at anytime.

Sammy said:
So, with the handy use of a helicopter obtained photo and Microsoft paint, (There are other photo obtaining methods and drawing software's available) I have drawn this.

a17_zpsdcd0da2d.jpg

My guess is somebody was stood on that grass mound with a camera, circled in green are the tree to the left and the 3 trees seen in the background. The red cirlce highlights a shipping container, awaiting installation as the rides shop! ;) Only joking... It's two shipping containers (No expense spared with this one! ;)) Seriously though, the red is the Substation! :p

On a side note... I am still totally baffled by this entire coaster! :p

Sam, I don't suppose you could use your knowledge and inform us as to what type of trees they are and whether they match the type in the photo? ;) *leaves topic very quickly to never return! :p

On a side note... I am also still totally baffled by this entire coaster!

So if that photo was made public yesterday (it being 2am) morning, I suspect the photo was taken the day before. That means these probably been heck of a lot more advancement on the track construction. I wonder how much they've got done.

I do hope they keep up these images, you know maybe on a bi-weekly basis. It would keep us occupied until opening day.

:)

On behalf of all those who always thought the coaster was going to turn out as seen in original design documents (perhaps with slight alterations here and there, but essentially the same)...

IN YOUR FACE!

Meat Pie said:
On behalf of all those who always thought the coaster was going to turn out as seen in original design documents (perhaps with slight alterations here and there, but essentially the same)...

IN YOUR FACE!

Saves this video just in case the 5% of track shown turns out to be proof of nothing :)

No-one to my recollection has ever stated the expected a completely different ride. Just that it would have a few extra elements. Indeed the fact the huge pit shows we are already off-plan could just as easily prove that theory just as much as a few metres of half complete track disprove it.

You may get chance to play that video Meat Pie but premature jubilation is a terrible affliction for young men :p

Just thinking outside the box could 5:14 be an American date? The 14th of May? Potential event happening then such as the Th13teen event or signifying the supposed 2 month delay?

On a different note for those who are confused over the picture there is a very blurry photo on page 73 of TT's Construction Discussion where you can just about make out the supports from the air (before the track was positioned).

Edit: Something else, a reliable source has just posted over at TTF that parts of the Spider and Van have appeared on site. They couldn't take photos but they've given TTF's pilot the location. So hopfully we'll have confirmation of their existence soon.

Tim said:
Edit: Something else, a reliable source has just posted over at TTF that parts of the Spider and Van have appeared on site. They couldn't take photos but they've given TTF's pilot the location. So hopfully we'll have confirmation of their existence soon.

Theming is dotted around studios, which is on the old coaster corner site. Might have been moved closer to the construction site though.

well that matches up with what they said :)

Another significant factor supporting the idea that the entire pit will be covered over to form an underground section. When discussing this with fellow member Russell he pointed out that they have not built in any drainage system to the pit. Having looked at photos myself this does indeed appear to be the case, if there is any drainage it is minimal. Now we all know from construction so far how easily that pit has flooded. So if the pit was going to be fully open there would have to be significant drainage in place to prevent flooding whenever there was heavy rain.

:)

Simple fact is. They would not dig out a massive reinforced pit just to lower the ground for a section of the ride. They would dig out a piece of land (as clearly highlighted on the plans) to accompany for this, albeit a bit deeper if it was the case of that the sections of the ride were higher than first thought.

The fact it's got retaining walls already gives away that it is intended to be covered up and used as an indoor/underground enclosed section.

According to some people on Towers Times, theming is at Alton, including bits of the spider and the van!

Looks like there wont be many budget cuts on theming here then!

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it and been on it a few times. The smaller details are just as important as the big pieces of theming with rides.

Hehe, too late to make large theming cuts merlin! My evil plan to save the theming has worked! Muhahahaha

All this 5:14 talk is giving me horrible flashbacks to what we did with Thirteen.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.