• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

The 5:14 means nothing, lets move onto other things.For instance...

Does that cobra roll count as an inversion? It doesn't look like the banking is so steep as to invert... ;)

Bear said:
The 5:14 means nothing, lets move onto other things.For instance...

Does that cobra roll count as an inversion? It doesn't look like the banking is so steep as to invert... ;)

I would have thought anything beyond 90­ degrees is considered an inversion in some cases, such as inclined loops which I believe are considered inversions.

It shall be interesting to see how this coaster turns out, though something tells me the dug out area will not be covered, as it is already above groundlevel, the landscaping formed on top would be quite high of the ground. The Cobra looks quite low, actualy lower than the plans, so maybe the area will be used as short tunnels before & after the inversions.

Also, I don't think you could fit much in that space without slowing the coasters momentum down so significantly that it cannot reach the start of the lift (which appears to be at ground level).

:)

Bear said:
An interesting one. For Towers then yes I'd imagine it does count as an inversion. In terms of official inversion counts then probably not, as you're not technically inverted. If they are going for the inversion record, I doubt they would get an actual world record with an inversion like that. Also it's been mentioned a few times that to get the world record all of the inversions have to come after one lift, not two. But as for the cobra roll, here is another example of one that doesn't fully invert, Hydra the Revenge at Dorney Park:

6pt000pnaei3flt1d4s2f0.jpg

:)

I think, technically, an inversion everything with a banking, pitch or yaw over 135 degrees. I can't remember where that's from, but I've seen it a few times before.

135 sounds about right. As far as I'm concerned if a ride goes significantly begone 90 degrees it's an inversion.

Or to quote Harry and Paul If it looks like an inversion and it feels like an inversion then it is probably an inversion.

;)

What about Swarm's inclined loop, or Mamba's "junior immalman"?

The Swarm, yes.

Black Mamba, no.

It looks just like a overbank really:

n86e1dfe7gt921gmo004v5.jpg

I'd say that an inversion is when your feet are higher then your head. :D

The book of John, chapter 5, verse 14:

"See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."

#getcorrected

(seriously, look it up)

Towers just posted this on Twitter:

It's coming. #getcorrected

Seriously how long do they think we're gonna last being drip fed tiny little bits of marketing? I want the whole shabang already! :p

Josh said:
I'd say that an inversion is when your feet are higher then your head. :D
I've been a skateboarder for a very long time, to be inverted is to have your feet above your head. As in skateboarding and doing a hand plant on a half-pipe you are inverted to the level floor. With your legs directly above your head.

Jordan said:

A lecturer at work said the same today when i was chatting to them about it.

Soooo, just doing a bit more fishing of the bible references;

Book of Mark
verse 14 doesn't match that well, however, passage 5 is titled

Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Man

Book of Luke
Then Jesus instructed him not to tell anyone what had happened. He said, “Go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.[c] This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”

Flicking back to the Old Testament

Numbers
and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure – or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure

Leviticus
14 The Lord said to Moses: 15 ‘When anyone is unfaithful to the Lord by sinning unintentionally in regard to any of the Lord’s holy things, they are to bring to the Lord as a penalty a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel.[d] It is a guilt offering.

Well, I have to say, it's rather disturbing how many of these references seem to fit the theme; Sins, Impurity, Cleansing, examination.

Jordan said:

#getcorrected

(seriously, look it up)

Yep, closed season!

I hope Alton keep this up! My problem with the Thirteen updates is that they kind of fizzled out around the middle of January, so I hope the same doesn't happen here!

Sammy said:
Soooo, just doing a bit more fishing of the bible references;

Book of Mark
verse 14 doesn't match that well, however, passage 5 is titled

Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Man

Book of Luke
Then Jesus instructed him not to tell anyone what had happened. He said, “Go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.[c] This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”

Flicking back to the Old Testament

Numbers
and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure – or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure

Leviticus
14 The Lord said to Moses: 15 ‘When anyone is unfaithful to the Lord by sinning unintentionally in regard to any of the Lord’s holy things, they are to bring to the Lord as a penalty a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel.[d] It is a guilt offering.

Well, I have to say, it's rather disturbing how many of these references seem to fit the theme; Sins, Impurity, Cleansing, examination.

Yep, DEFINITELY closed season

Jordan said:

#getcorrected

(seriously, look it up)

Clearly this is a warning that Alton Towers are placing anti-aircraft missiles to ward off any pesky helicopters. :p

Seriously if people keep looking for SW7 clues in religious text the team will have to consider pressing the forum auto-destruct button.

:D

It is text from the future. when John Wardley has become a religion. and its topic 5 (air) line 14

and the almighty Wardley said unto them, GET A LIFE
:D

Do people really think Alton Towers' marketing team would go into the fuss of looking through the bible to pick out particular pieces that may have a very loose link to the rides theme?!

Now 5:14 relating to the inversions sounds slightly plausable. But Bible links? As always enthusiasts are looking too into the words (numbers in this case) being used. ;)

I honestly think it means nothing, I can see some Alton Towers staff MT WB giggling at this to be very honest!

For the sake of members sanity I hope the marketing picks up in January.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.