• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

I wonder if some in the marketing dept are now wondering what they can add to the next lot of stuff that is completely nothing just for the crack of getting us debating it :D

To be honest I've seen video game developers make references like that as part of their marketing so it's not beyond belief Alton would do the same.

The Bible is quite a well known and read piece of literature you know ;)

Anyway what's wrong with a bit of harmless speculation about these number until the next track update comes along? Create a new topic for it if you really find it that off-putting.

Meanwhile in the Alton Towers marketing office, staff are sitting at there computers laughing at the extent geeks are looking into 2 numbers that potentially mean very little! ;)

As you were!

"Alright Jim, reckon we should put a couple of numbers at the bottom of the picture to make it look surveillencey?

Yeah Steve, we need to fill it out a bit"

That's undoubtedly the extent to which it was thought of in the marketing process ;)

It could be worse, we could be discussing the reasons why they have added a fake sun/flare to the photo and its significance... (this may be happening somewhere on the internet ;))

hmmm,

well 5:14 may perhaps indicate a ratio, 5 parts one thing 14 parts another?

though if you look at it mathmatically 5+14 = 19, 1+9=10. 1+0=1. so we can say 1:5:14,

now we have the ratio of 1:5:14 to work with, now this doesn't seem important on the surface, but if we look deeper.

using the same rule as before and make 14 a single digit 1+4=5, we have 1:5:5 which added together makes 11. Now add that 11 to the orginal number 5:14:11. add together = 30.

with that '1' we discovered in the second paragraph and add it together to the '11' in the 4th paragraph we get 12.

Add that 12 in turn to the 30 we discovered we have 42. The answer to the ultimate question according to Hitchikers guide to the galaxy. Coincidence? I think not.

I will continue to go deeper, but I don't know where this rabbit hole will lead me.

I have so far found that Episode 5 of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy TV show has 14 cast members. according to this wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_(TV_series)#Episode_5

I will go deeper, but I'm afraid of what I'll find, it all lines up so well! I think I may have stumbled across one of the deepest secrets hidden from us by the leaders of this country.

If I'm not heard from again after this.... Stay away from this rabbit hole.

What about 5+14 = 19 and 2013 will be 19 years since Nemesis opened?! Maybe it's a reference to Nemesis!

Of course the above is complete nonsense, Those numbers don't mean anything!

What's the record for most inversions with 2 lift hills? Seems the most logical?

Fredward said:
hmmm,

well 5:14 may perhaps indicate a ratio, 5 parts one thing 14 parts another?

though if you look at it mathmatically 5+14 = 19, 1+9=10. 1+0=1. so we can say 1:5:14,

now we have the ratio of 1:5:14 to work with, now this doesn't seem important on the surface, but if we look deeper.

using the same rule as before and make 14 a single digit 1+4=5, we have 1:5:5 which added together makes 11. Now add that 11 to the orginal number 5:14:11. add together = 30.

with that '1' we discovered in the second paragraph and add it together to the '11' in the 4th paragraph we get 12.

Add that 12 in turn to the 30 we discovered we have 42. The answer to the ultimate question according to Hitchikers guide to the galaxy. Coincidence? I think not.

I will continue to go deeper, but I don't know where this rabbit hole will lead me.

I have so far found that Episode 5 of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy TV show has 14 cast members. according to this wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_(TV_series)#Episode_5

I will go deeper, but I'm afraid of what I'll find, it all lines up so well! I think I may have stumbled across one of the deepest secrets hidden from us by the leaders of this country.

If I'm not heard from again after this.... Stay away from this rabbit hole.

You know what, I think you've just hit the nail on the head there! Genius! ;D

I've cracked it!

5:14= There were FIVE Jammie doughnuts in a bag, ONE was eaten by Jim and then there were FOUR doughnuts left in the bag.

Mystery solved.

I was happy that the park are keeping quiet about the ride instead of whoring it out every five minutes like they did with Thirteen.

And then this discussion started. :p

DannyJames said:
I've cracked it!

5:14= There were FIVE Jammie doughnuts in a bag, ONE was eaten by Jim and then there were FOUR doughnuts left in the bag.

Mystery solved.

Now you're just being silly ::)

Off topic I know, but I think the dark-ride section may be something similar to that on Verbolten, but without the drop track obviously. Just a thought, and I'm probably completely wrong! :D

Just incase anyone wants to know, there is a member on TowersTimes who is claiming to have taken the image that was sent out the other day, and this is what he has to say about it:

I can say however that the photo was never meant to look night time, and the light is just supposed to be the sun as opposed to some bright, ethereal landing light or other creepy complex meaning. Your spot on with the surveillance effect added and the colours used etc. The photo was taken at around 11 oclock on the 18th December. The picture unfortunately doesnt have any deep inconspicuous meaning, although the Camera 5:14 does have a meaning, and I thought that would be pretty obvious.

Source: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7-91/sw7-ride-speculation-marketing-and-discussion-(spoiler-free)/30/

Has anyone though that camera 5:14 is just the fifth camera out of 14?
It's simple really...

As for that post, he could be making it up just to try and get thanks, like people with information.
He needs proof that he took the photo to convince me.

That's what I thought too, and its risky business leaking info like that if you really do work for the park... ::)

EDIT: Also, this appears to be the same member who leaked the supposed 'washing machine' idea...

A member of the marketing team or Alton Towers staff member would have taken that photograph. Neither of which would be able to mention their roles at the resort on the internet.

His backups of mentioning to sun flare as an edit... well it's pretty obvious the picture has been edited. Doesn't take a genius to work that one out...

It's not outside the realms of possibility that the number could be an incredibly obscure reference, like a Bible passage. It's the kinda thing I'd set up if I worked in marketing.

Even if it was true, it'd be much less complicated than Hershey Park's internet marketing campaign for Skyrush. :)

Sorry, but does it really matter? You will find out the hidden meaning (Which probably doesnt exist!) of 5:14 later :D

I'd not bother wasting your time!

Josh said:
That's what I thought too, and its risky business leaking info like that if you really do work for the park... ::)

EDIT: Also, this appears to be the same member who leaked the supposed 'washing machine' idea...
I'm not at all convinced that he's telling the truth. And seeing as the washing machine idea's now been pretty much rubbished, I'm even less inclined to believe him.

Yes, there may be some meaning to the 5:14, but I'm not going to read into that too much.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.