• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

well if the SW is not a washing machine element. I hope the marketing bods stick a washing machine at the exit to the ride, with a sign on it saying "Coaster geeks, here is your element" It would get the GP wondering :D

So... This has just been posted over on TT:

altontowerssw7_zps4db4ecd2.jpg

Apparently Towers have sent it out to people on the SW7 mailing list, but I haven't got it :( anyone else received this in an email? Or is it something else that is fake? :p

Wasn't that photo shown during Cheetah Hunt construction (not that it's Intamin track, it was another fan-made myth I think.)? I'm convinced that I've seen it like a year ago and that it's a fake for SW7.

I thought it might have been fake, I mean why would they send out a photo of track in a warehouse? :D

Just thought I'd see if anyone else had seen this :)

Ah thanks Dar, knew I'd seen it somewhere, just wasn't sure where!

:)

Thanks for clearing that up Dar, I knew there was something wrong with that photo.

At this rate we'll have more fake marketing than real! :D

I thought I'd seen that photo somewhere before. Thanks for clarifying, Dar. :)

the fake scanning lines are too far apart when compared to the original genuine photo from AT.

Indeed it is a fake, seems to be a rise of these at the moment - just enthusiasts bored of waiting for Alton to make a move I suspect.

I blame closed season for the rise in fake marketing :D

Hopefully a new update or similar email will be released on NYE or the 1st as we head to 2013. Maybe even a name! *fingers crossed*

Yeah i highly doubt something will be released. Theres nothing much too release really apart from a name. :p

delta79 said:
I blame closed season for the rise in fake marketing :D

Not really closed season without about of fake marketing!! Hoping the Marketing with start to heat up during January! :D

I doubt we'll be seeing much marketing activity until around mid January. Most of the staff who deal with anything other than construction will be off over this period I should think, so I doubt anything major shall be happening.

Looking around the park yesterday I really am concerned about the project. There's so much rebar and concrete pipes around the place. As we know, these are used to make footers, and are sunken, then filled with cement (Much cheaper and easier than bolting supports to footers). They have so many of these to do, and obviously, until those are complete the track they support cannot go in place.

There's a lot of track still to be moved over. It looks almost like they are working from Towers Street back to Pinewood car park behind Duel, judging from past photos and what had changed. When we had a walk over to where the Chained Oak B&B is you couldn't hear much activity, and looking through the trees we couldn't make out any more track than what Rob had photographed the other week. I realise they could have been working on the pit, but realistically how much track is there to put in there? That could in theory all be done and dusted by now.

Like I say, we couldn't hear or see much activity at all. The didn't seem to be much sign of life from the building site at all, and we didn't see the crane anywhere either.

A few weeks back the figure 6 weeks was going around to have the ride in a ready to test state. We've seen at least 2 weeks pass since then, and not much change as far as I can tell. I assume the 6 weeks is if everything went ahead with no real delays? All this time we seem to be drawing closer. Even if they aren't behind schedule (Which I doubt very much) they're cutting it fine. All it'll take is for one piece of track or footer to get damaged or not be right, or for an issue like Th13teen had to arise in the tests and they're stuffed. Unless they factor in time to fix these before opening they could have a serious impact on the ride.

Also, it's worth noting with Th13teen that even though most (if not all) of the track was finished by this point, the ride was still very fine in opening. Supposedly the staff were working more or less through the night before opening day, and on opening morning they were still finishing paths and theming right up until guests were let up to the area! The JCBs were supposedly still sat in the ride area about 30 minutes before it opened!

We've very much been judging the timescale on track and how much is up, but there are a lot of other factors to take into account as Th13teen proved. This site poses a lot more challenges than Th13teen did as well, given the steep slope and the pit they have to perfect.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

I am almost certain that the reason for the slow progress in the past week is the workers having a holiday at Christmas. I'm not sure where the 6 week figure came from, but it still seems like more than enough to me.

Ian said:
Also, it's worth noting with Th13teen that even though most (if not all) of the track was finished by this point, the ride was still very fine in opening. Supposedly the staff were working more or less through the night before opening day, and on opening morning they were still finishing paths and theming right up until guests were let up to the area! The JCBs were supposedly still sat in the ride area about 30 minutes before it opened!

Thirteen's track was indeed fully complete by now and had been for a while. A fair amount of theming was also in place in regards to the station building.

It's concerning that it doesn't look like much progress has been made since my last lot of photos. I will be popping along at some point this week so will hopefully get a good look.

:)

But with Thi3teeen Surely it was the drop that required all of the testing? If (and indeed there is no evidence to prove there will be so far) there is no Washing Machine element, and it's just all normal track, then surely the testing won't take anywhere near as long as Thi3teen's did.
I would also say that the timing may suggest that the Washing Machine won't actually take place.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.