• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

BigAl said:
If they're going to get the inversion record then they're either going to have to at least be joint or beat this contraption! Does Alton really want to share a record with 'Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co.,Ltd'? :p

I can't remember where but there is a 12 inversion coaster opening this year as well. So they need to at least hit 13.

Dave said:
BigAl said:
If they're going to get the inversion record then they're either going to have to at least be joint or beat this contraption! Does Alton really want to share a record with 'Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co.,Ltd'? :p

I can't remember where but there is a 12 inversion coaster opening this year as well. So they need to at least hit 13.
Would that be a 4D coaster similar to Dinoconda and X2? That would explain why it hasn't shown up on RCDB. :)

Dave said:
BigAl said:

Thirteen, and now 13 inversions, hmmm, coincidence?

Or insert a trick track that inverts more than both of them :-* Ahaha.... I think thats what that pictures is hiding, because its higher than the barrel-roll plus you would only do four inversion inside our rotating track.... (I don't want this to happen but to me there is substantial evidence that this is becoming more and more likely!) ::)

Joseph i guarantee there is no trick-track.....

Really i promise you :)

You can see in the two picture the trench the track is going to travel through.

It's just going to follow it round. There's maybe a small chance they'll get the track to invert one or two more times as it does so.

I agree with Blaze, I think you could get two more in there it's quite a long run before the lift hill, longer than what is currently there.

I still think there is something under the maintenance shed though, or maybe its not a maintenance shed and it hides a loop.

Me having a go at guessing what's covered up in the TT image:

Maybe the track sections that have been covered up will feature friction wheels which will move the coaster along through many inversions at a constant speed? If there was a world first trick track section rumoured which was then dropped for whatever reason then perhaps they've replaced that with real inversions which are tightly packed together and the train will be moved through them at a constant speed, whilst various light and sound effect bombard riders senses?

I've no idea about whether there ever was going to be trick track though, and the theory of friction wheels would probably be expensive to power and maintain. :p

I don't think that this will be going for the inversion record - there's just not the space. The washing machine idea is completely ridiculous. It's just going to be a good rollercoaster - it doesn't need to break any records. World beating could easily mean 'better than loads of coasters in the world' - they stopped saying 'world's first' months ago - if this was going for the inversion record I'm sure they'd still be saying it is a first.

It's pretty much identical to the plans, plus with a barrel roll that was obscured by the station building on the plans. So I'm assuming we'll get a pretty ace, self-duelling, intertwining coaster with nine inversions. It doesn't need to be anything more than that.

I think you'll find those initial barrel roll is actually quite a few more, perhaps 3 in a row? Or at least the inversions underneath the maintenance/station/queueline building.

Joseph said:
Proof?! :-X !!!! :mad: If you have any please?...

I don't have any, i'm just being emphatic :p

Though i do think there may be more than 1 barrel roll before the Lift-hill

Easily room for one or two more rolls before the lift I reckon. The first one is where the curved part of the station is.

side-elevation.png

Not sure that part of the station will be there now, though.

Can't really judge construction, I'am hopeing it's going to be open upon the 16th but my mined is saying there is no chance

Gerst lifts require a section of track for engaging the train to the lift-hill so you would struggle to get more than 2 barrels into that space unless lift 1 is LIM. And you would want a block break before the LIMS to aid throughput as you wouldn't have another block until that car reached the 2nd lift.

Plus you never know... it could have 2 vertical lifts. That would give them much more space if it was required.

I still don't think it'll be the inversion record. I just don't think a)they have the space to make it comfortable and b)I don't think it's a Towers thing to do. I don't have a theory for what the world beating element/s will be, I'm going to wait until I see more of SW7, before I come up with my theories. The name when it's released may give us a clue too, and I promise you, if it's called "Most Inversions Coaster" I will believe you about the inversion record. But if it is, I will also lose all faith in Merlin :)

As for the Opening, I will stay positive until the day(or if it becomes (which it will not) mathematically impossible for it to be finished on time) that it will be open on time.

Fredward said:
Plus you never know... it could have 2 vertical lifts. That would give them much more space if it was required.

Yeah but then that would prove the plans where wrong which is where this all started :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.