• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

I still don't think the washing machine element is true, but nothing much else would fit in that area. I'd assume its some sort of show area, but don't expect much to happen there.

nah, i think they have just done it like that to draw more people in. Its silly really as its pretty damn obvious this ride is going for the inversion record

I think Alton have just asked/TT wanted to cause some debate themselves them to put it on to make us believe in the washing machine/Trick track/something along those lines.

Well, the "hidden" part behind the blue box is quite clearly a Saw style barrel roll.
Wow. What an amazing world beating element. ::)

And before anyone says this proves the plans were wrong, it doesn't because the "underground" section was not shown on the plans.

Somthings clearly going to happen in that in-door barrel roll, I never went through The Sanctuary (As I've never been to a scarefest) but from what I've read. I'm guessing the "Marmilisation" featured strobes and some sort of awful smell? combine this with the symbol that was projected onto the towers -
Video here: Secret Weapon 7 I guess thats where something along the same lines is going to happen maybe? ??? :-\ :)

DiogoJ42 said:
Well, the "hidden" part behind the blue box is quite clearly a Saw style barrel roll.
Wow. What an amazing world beating element. ::)

And before anyone says this proves the plans were wrong, it doesn't because the "underground" section was not shown on the plans.

Yep, for some reason this is my favorite post in this topic for months!

CupCakeMonster said:
I think Alton have just asked/TT wanted to cause some debate themselves them to put it on to make us believe in the washing machine/Trick track/something along those lines.

Alton Towers don't ask any of the fan-sites to work on marketing. I can guarantee that, even with our competition it wasn't a marketing campaign they wanted.

Nothing in that image proves the ride isn't on or off plan as nothing much has happened other than they have finished the bit they started in December. But it wont be like the plans :p

The knot is looking epic though.

Well unless there is also something else under the blue box, it was a poor job of hiding that inline twist as you can see the entrance to it. So unless there's something else above it, but I doubt it.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

Very confused by the plans now. The layout of the knot is identical, but the huge trench that it is built in was not on the plans, but was at ground level. Which means the issues plans were plainly very rough plans, and needed to be amended to accommodate the knot. Which leads to the question of whether the remainder of track layout matches, of whether that was heavily amended to allow the knot feature to work

The track drops out of the station and back up to nearly the same height, so what ever is behind that blue box, its gonna take it at a low speed.

Oh and if you zoom in, you can see the track is banked at 90 degrees and therefore is almost certainly a barrel roll :p

Is any of that area actually going to be covered because all of the track in that area is a couple of meters lower than the plans indicated it would be

Dave said:
Nothing in that image proves the ride isn't on or off plan as nothing much has happened other than they have finished the bit they started in December. But it wont be like the plans :p

But.... This doesn't exactly follow the plans.... They didn't have any track coming out of the station and going straight into the pit.

CupCakeMonster said:
Dave said:

But.... This doesn't exactly follow the plans.... They didn't have any track coming out of the station and going straight into the pit.

well, they kinda did. that part was 'underground' so not shown on the plans

CupCakeMonster said:
Dave said:

That's because this section will not be seen from above the ground, hence why it wasn't included on the plans.

I reckon the first drop and turn into that secret IN-LINE TWIST :p is underground and the rest will be maybe partially covered or just a pit.

I mentioned this in the Shoutbox just, but perhaps the world beating aspect is something to do with sustaining high G-force? It could explain why the track is thicker than regular Eurofighter track, though larger trains could also be the reason.

Also, perhaps the barrel-roll aspect being kept badly under-wraps is going to feature some kind of lighting effect at the end of the tunnel, and as the trains enter the inversions, some kind of hypnotic swirl (or the MoJ face) could be shone from the end of the tunnel. As the trains invert, the image could rotate with the trains, thus giving riders the feeling that they're not inverting, whilst inverting! :p

Just some ideas.

CupCakeMonster said:
Dave said:

Yes it does, this part of the ride will be indoor none of which was shown in any plans because they don't want to reveal anything substantial, its the same as they did with THI3TEEN. And I really hate to say this I think the "Washing Machine" will happen at the very end of the brake run where the banner covers the higher part of the track! :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.