• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

delta79 said:
has there been a coaster that has a close call (is it a called a head chop?) whist inverted?

Yeah two of the B&M wing coasters feature one!

Well I don't believe your source, Alton are hardly going to admit that there is a trick track are they and as for not seeing any evidence of it who says its on site yet!
I think there will be a trick track and the layout of the pit supports this, oh and for the final time THIS RIDE IS NOT A EUROFIGHTER!

BigT said:
oh and for the final time THIS RIDE IS NOT A EUROFIGHTER!

Well it is, just with different trains!

As for not believing the source, you're perfectly entitled to, and I'm sure the truth will be revealed once construction hots up a bit. I'm quite excited! :)

But if you look at B&Ms, the train is what defines their different coaster types. It could be argued that a floorless is just a stand up with different trains. Or a flyer is an invert with different trains.
If the trains turn out to be something new enough, it's fair to class this as a new ride type.

So far SW7 has been defined as the 'same ride type' as SAW at Thorpe Park. So by all means it is a Eurofighter at present. However it could easily become a new ride type.

If the trains are designed differently (which is inevitable) then I can see this simply being the next generation of Eurofighters, or the new generation - depends which wording you prefer.

Re: Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

BigT said:
Well I don't believe your source, Alton are hardly going to admit that there is a trick track are they and as for not seeing any evidence of it who says its on site yet!
I think there will be a trick track and the layout of the pit supports this, oh and for the final time THIS RIDE IS NOT A EUROFIGHTER!

Re: let's see who is more disappointed when they are wrong, you or I.

What evidence is there to support trick track? Sorry but I'm almost positive we will see none, and that's ok.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Th13teen was discribed as being the same ride type as No Way Out, wasn't it? IE: lightweight trains and tire drive lift. But I think we can all agree it is not the same... X:\NWO is clearly way better ;)
I think Towers like to try to compare to something else (for noise levels?) in another Merlin park when making planing aplications. Let's be honest, the kind of people who are likely to care about noise are not going to understand "It will be a tri-rail truss section track made by an unpronouncable company you've never heard of" ... So it's easier to say "It will be a bit like Saw: The Ride."

Maybe a better example would be Furious Baco. It's pretty much a standard Intamin launch coaster, with novelty trains added. But the trains make enough difference to class it as a new ride type. SW7 uses standard Gerst. track, Just as Baco uses standard Intamin track.

It's not so much the track that defines a coaster, it's the trains.

DiogoJ42 said:
Th13teen was discribed as being the same ride type as No Way Out, wasn't it? IE: lightweight trains and tire drive lift. But I think we can all agree it is not the same... X:\NWO is clearly way better ;)

*insert over excitable audience ooo's*

oh no, he di'int.

That has to be a fake account, surely? I though JW had nothing to do with Twitter?

Its fake, a few people have emailed John directly and he has said he has never used Twitter in his life.

Fredward said:
BigT said:

Re: let's see who is more disappointed when they are wrong, you or I.

What evidence is there to support trick track? Sorry but I'm almost positive we will see none, and that's ok.

There is as much evidence to support a trick track as there is to support there not being, I give my opinions and if they are wrong then I'll hold my hand up and say so.

I think its very clever of Alton to manage to build SW7 with all the public documents that are available these days and by this stage we still don't have much of a clue to what they are actually building.

DiogoJ42 said:
But if you look at B&Ms, the train is what defines their different coaster types. It could be argued that a floorless is just a stand up with different trains. Or a flyer is an invert with different trains.
If the trains turn out to be something new enough, it's fair to class this as a new ride type.

This I agree with. I was always curious as to what a B&M stand up would be like as a sitter or a floorless, then realised it's just the same but you're sitting! =P I've played RCT before and made a flying coaster in the style of a invert, I don't think it looks alot different to be honest.

Although B&M aren't the only example. Arrow once made stand ups but they were basically just sit downs with Stand Up trains, they were modified from Sit downs to stand ups.

For instance take the former Extremeroller at Worlds of Fun.

Here's it with sit down trains:

5a301bh5s24kbm4e8k0v10.jpg
And here it is with Stand Up trains:

ebc75e0fgg005pau12a5q2.jpg

The reason we have stated its speculation is Towers obviously won't comment on the details of the ride, we trust the source's and at the very least it opens up discussion. I respect your conviction BigT and you are right there is nothing that excludes a trick track though it looks less likely as more of the indoor track arrives with little sign of a link to trick track on it. I myself am confident there is no trick track.

And that John Wardley twitter account is a hoax I emailed John in sept when it first came out and he clarified it wasn't him.

I can also debunk the photos, Emailed John and he said he has never used Twitter and never seen the photos

LordOfDarkness said:
11mc9l3.jpg

CONTRADICTING EVIDENCE ASDFGHJKL

Isn't that the Th13een one?!

Obviously the article isn't, but is the picture not the same?

A picture of Thirteen.

And capacity of 65? Last time I checked, 16 does not go in to 65.

Bit dodgy.

LiamC said:
Isn't that the Th13een one?!

Obviously the article isn't, but is the picture not the same?

It is :)
plus the information is... sketchy.. some information is a little off

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.