• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

MattH said:
TheMan said:
Bear said:
TheMan said:
Hearing rumours that another lorry arrived today, along with talk of rotating track!? Anyone got any pictures of it?

If this happens... I'll jump, I swear.

Just the messenger mate, would it really be that bad though?

I don't think it would be bad, just VERY improbable, as the only place it would go is indoors, and I don't even think it would fit in there then... We'll have to wait and see though.

I am not entirely against the idea - it isn't like it will be a gimmick alone without a fantastic ride backing it up, so why not throw something a bit mad in there?

Maybe it is just the fact it had such a bad label from the start is why everyone reacts so badly to the idea.

Not exactly out of context on a mad ride like this either is it? I mean, it has car wash brushes lol!

Leading from your facebook blunder, I think you've fallen for another one Matt. ;)

My stars. I've just seen the post Towers made about it on their Facebook, I tried to get a link but I think it's gone down.

So it appears there will be a lot of hat-eating going on come opening day, gutted!! This pretty much just ruined this entire ride for me :( :(

Gerstache, Washing Machine + Small Marmaliser.

I feel like a spoilt child but...

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

J1546.jpg

Sounds like Alton should stock up on this!

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Sigh. What a day for such a delivery...

Tesco Direct can be known for their shoddy delivery service. Perhaps that explains the delayed construction

*Checks the date*

...April fool anyone? Same with it's sponsorship? ::)

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

EuroSatch said:
Sigh. What a day for such a delivery...

Tesco Direct can be known for their shoddy delivery service. Perhaps that explains the delayed construction
Sorry, what did Towers say? What's been delivered?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hahahaha ;D

Just a wind up guys ;D - seemed nothing more appropriate to April 1st with than a secret element.

Sorry! :twirly:

They need to get this fucking finished like or they'll end up with their worst season ever.

mikeroller said:
They need to get this <censored> finished like or they'll end up with their worst season ever.

Compared to 2011 when we got anything worth mentioning at all, and a year of cutbacks and U-turn decisions last year, a delayed coaster opening is hardly going to make this the worst season ever.

Danny said:
mikeroller said:
They need to get this <censored> finished like or they'll end up with their worst season ever.

Compared to 2011 when we got anything worth mentioning at all, and a year of cutbacks and U-turn decisions last year, a delayed coaster opening is hardly going to make this the worst season ever.

Ofcourse it will. They've put serious money into the park for the first time in years, and gate figures appear to be awful at the moment.

Granted a lot of that can be blamed on the weather, but it will also have been affected by the reduced marketing as a result of the delay and people putting off trips. Not to mention the amount of complaints / negative PR / come back free or for £1.00 tickets they're having to give away.

Re: Lack of guests so far this season?

This topic has gone completely off topic. I don't see mention of construction anywhere!

Back ON TOPIC, it appears that a lot of the track is indeed constructed, however at either end of the site. As I've not reviewed the plans for a considerable amount of time now, how much is left to fill the gap, and is it likely to take a long time? I can't realistically see this being completed anytime soon, however I am sure that they will try their upmost to get it done on time (at least, the revised time..).

Re: Re: Lack of guests so far this season?

I can see it being if finished by the end of the month, easy. Construction has flown by since the park opened, and they will really want to meet the May deadline. We'll be seeing the lift hill construction starting very soon, I have no doubt.

I thought myself there's no way this will be finished on time until I realised, there's essentially two whole months to go yet until their set deadline!

Have split off a hefty chunk of discussion about guest attendance this year, that sexy new topic can be found over here!

Let's bring things right back on topic or I'll tickle, inoculate, hypnotise, giggle at and FLASH the lot of you - thanks. :D

The Alton Towers Guide have posted a couple of photos showing more track being delivered today. Hard to tell exactly what it all is though.

:)

Rob said:
The Alton Towers Guide have posted a couple of photos showing more track being delivered today. Hard to tell exactly what it all is though.

:)

They seem to be lift sections judging by the cogs that are on the track.

543803_546298172068032_464681024_n.jpg

644367_546298758734640_489450303_n.jpg

Copyright to The Alton Towers Guide

I reckon that these sections will get priority now!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.