• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My post was more for sarcasm than anything, but given what the trims did to Thirteen, I can't be the first one to suspect they might be behind it.

Has the lifthill been sped up since the POV? Getting a few extra mph from it will help it in the first halves.

If this rumor is true, and that's a big If, the fact that they need a crane to move the train on to the next section has to be the biggest worry, and biggest mistake Towers have made installing this ride.

If the ride is open in 2 months time, and it stalls again, will they need to wait for a crane to be brought in, close x-sector off, move the train to the next section, remove the crane and re-open x-sector.

I really hope this is not the case, or they find a better solution for moving stalled trains to the next section soon.

Ian

Personally, I think Blaze could be right here. It seems odd that it ran so well until the wheels were changed and trims added. In the videos Stretchy(?) posted you could see how much it crawled at the top of one of the inversions early on in the day when it was testing, after the wheel change, but before the trims. Trims would only reduce the speed further, so I'd put money on them being at fault. It's too coincidental that it happened after that given how many times it ran without issue before :/

There could well be fins on that hill as well now, all I know is that there weren't on Tuesday. I'll have a look tomorrow! As I said it has been very very windy today, that could be a factor as well.

:)

Rob said:
If it decided (ok I know coasters don't decide to do these things but you know what I mean!) to stall earlier today then that's unfortunate timing to say the least. It has been very windy here in Leicestershire today though, if it's been the same over at Towers then that could have been a factor?

:)

Please don't let this be another PMBO from a wind perspective.

"Sorry, it's not running today there's not enough wind."

"We apologise but it's not operational today because it's too windy."

:/

LiamC said:
T said:
May I point out that I am not too sure they ARE 're-validating tickets', on the basis that I informed a family member whom was on resort yesterday of the debacle, and they had to actively ask about the ticket.

They are re-validating tickets, I was in guest services yesterday and they were doing it for the couple of people in front of me in the queue. They aren't, however, shouting about it and you do have to go into guest services and ask/tell them you want it doing :)
Im fairly sure the FAQ states that any tickets dated 23/24/25 May will be accepted on any other day this season, no questions asked.

Couple of quick photos from yesterday and today

Stickers have been added to some of the supports
P1050399.JPG
and
P1050401.JPG

and
P1050403.JPG

We have a new sign too, by the way, look at the state of that entrance roof already.
P1050408.JPG

OK onto today. I popped down. I had heard some off rumors about cows in tunnels, The whole of X sector was blocked off with no one allowed anywhere where you could see much. The following 2 pics were using the zoom.
P1050416.JPG

I moved around the side of the toilet block, with rather perfect timing if you ask me.
P10504193.jpg

JB1985 said:
cows in tunnels? why?

The staff were telling guests that there was a cow stuck in the tunnel. Just a little joke, although it wouldn't surprise me if members of the public believed them. :p

They better get this ready beefore half term, we've had enough oopsy daisies already! I hope there was as much moovement as other days to get open. They hoof to be joking if they think it's acceptable to postpone this any longer.

Blaming the weather or a technical hitch would just be milking it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.