• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I should probably be telling you all to get on topic but I feel we need some light re-beef

ScreenShot2013-05-22at181116_zps711c906e.png

Made this earlier, forgot to post... Ahh well :p

If I could just herd you all back on topic, and moove on. It was amoosing for a while, but now the topic is getting a bit butchered ;)

I think they're really going to have to get a move on now and pray for no more delays if they want to be able to say that they've opened the ride in May. Personally though I still think they'll just quietly open the ride one day without too much fuss and hype to ensure it settles in well. Then a day or two after they'll have an "official" opening.

The steaks are high right now (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

So disappointed it won't be opening tomorrow, this project is a total money wasting mess up... hopefully it will finally bring in guests when it does open, but having to give away all these free tickets, and loosing out of people visiting is just terrible.

I wonder how many false openings they'll drag everyone through until nobody even cares any more (like a growing number of people here)...

... cow

I reckon if there's one more false opening, that'll be it and nobody will give a s*** about anymore.
There's only so much you can test the patience the guests.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I have got to the point now that I don't care if I ride it this year or next.

I hope that staff changes from cow to elephant, as the ride is quickly becoming a big white one.

Yup. Hate to say it, but Im slowly but surely losing my excitement about this ride. The adverts got me all pumped up and then the delayed opening was a massive blow. Im not not fussed if I don't get to ride it until the next major meet which will probably be Staffs sandwich.

After all the great updates and the buzz of excitement throughout these forums over the past few months, it's a real shame to see a lot of people so deflated.

I've reached the point where I'm past caring when I ride it, but I just hope it opens asap so it can be done with!

I think as they've already missed so many of the dates that I would rather they just focussed on finishing it properly and opening it when it's fully done.

The last thing we want is a bodged job on the finishing touches especially with the station and entrance happening to be as bad as they are.

I really didn't like the fact I could only view the ride from behind a big fence with plants and everything in front of that as well. When they grow taller the up close views of the site will be every obscured even more.

This won't be a Nemesis beater; even if it turns out to be more thrilling it just doesn't deliver as an overall package.

I think everyone is starting to loose excitement for The Smiler now, which is a shame. I do think Towers are going to suffer badly from this.

:)

Got to agree with some others - I'm simply losing interest in this now to some degree. What could have been a great enthusiastic opening has been ruined somewhat. Also, get the actual Towers opened as soon as possible because I know it's not only me who is a bit annoyed by this from reading the Alton Towers facebook page. The House has been closed to guests for how long?.....and how many times has it been used for the Sanctuary or a promo in that period?

Edit - This has been the worst season at the Towers that I can remember in recent years. Not to mention the apparent damage to those stone window frames on the outside of the Long Gallery after the press event. Some people notice these things ;) The food has got worse too. Other than that, great job :)

Rob said:
I think everyone is starting to loose excitement for The Smiler now, which is a shame. I do think Towers are going to suffer badly from this.

Could someone be secretly glad now they might get to go on opening day after all? ;)

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Rob said:

Could someone be secretly glad now they might get to go on opening day after all? ;)

Well I was hoping that would be tomorrow! ;) And to be honest, I will only go on the opening day if it does mean I get to ride it with my friends!

Well...

The only positive thing I can say from all this madness is that it is nice to look at I suppose as a static exhibit... :/

Slightly off topic how did the opening of the biggest ride in the uk hobbits Pitt fair? Did it open on time? Lol

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.