• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Fudging hell. Looks awesome, absolutely awesome. People riding the beast, two trains at once, those monstrous inversions... It's an instant classic. It's not quite Nemesis, but this coaster is an aesthetic treat and is bound to become a new flagship attraction for Alton. I cannot wait to ride it in June, and I'm eagerly anticipating reviews.

:D

The ride is amazing. It is very smooth and there is no Gerstache. The indoor area is nice as it uses projection mapping. There is a glass floor in the shop but it is covered up ATM

Few pictures from me
asypesu2.jpg
yjaqy4y2.jpg
4a4uruge.jpg

AirFAN said:
It's now listed as closed on ridetimes?

Its came back as open with 180mins when i checked at 1409. roughly an hour listed as Closed is not that bad for a soft opening.

Just one question, do they closed the ride entance if queuing time is 3 hours? just wonder if it was downtime or queueline management?

Doesn't look like the duelling is very synchronised yet, because some of the videos earlier suggested that it was duelling, but those pictures look out of sync. I can only presume that it will become more so after a while, maybe after the loading in the station picks up pace?

The queue has never been three hours. The most it has been so far today is 90 mins

It isn't designed to self duel but as there is so much track in the little space it has it naturally does duel in places

The queue times are probably an over-estimation of the actual times, considering that it can only benefit AT if they over-estimate if people go into the queue expecting three hours, and it only taking and hour and a half, making them think the staff are doing a good job, meaning good customer service.

Hi all, I have only just joined, and was wondering if anyone has posted images of the Scan Codes for the Smiler game yet? Thanks

aress said:
Hi all, I have only just joined, and was wondering if anyone has posted images of the Scan Codes for the Smiler game yet? Thanks
Welcome to the forum! ;D

They have been posted in the Game Discussion topic here. Hope that helps!

:)

Some questions:

Is it completely finished? I mean, is there obvious bubble-wrap/un-painted things left?

And, also are there any pictures from inside the building? I've seen the station, but are there any from the inside of the queue/after the ride/the shop?

How claustrophobic is the queue, mainly outside?

How annoying/painful is the spray?

Where is the ORP?

Is it a dual-loading station? (I think it is, from pictures I've seen, but I'm not too sure).

Nick said:
Some questions:

Is it completely finished? I mean, is there obvious bubble-wrap/un-painted things left?

And, also are there any pictures from inside the building? I've seen the station, but are there any from the inside of the queue/after the ride/the shop?

Where is the ORP?

Is it a dual-loading station? (I think it is, from pictures I've seen, but I'm not too sure).
I've obviously not been on, but it is not dual loading (as far as I am aware anyway). And the ORP is before and after the second airtime hill, it takes two photos like Oblivion.

As for pictures of the inside etc, if anyone does wish to post them please do so in the Spoiler Topic, for those of us that don't want to see before we ride, thanks!

:)

Did not think about over-estimated times for make though put look better :D

Maybe they are playing it safe with estimation, as it a new ride. and the first day open with public.

Nick said:
Some questions:

Where is the ORP?

It's not dual loading. Also, the restraints slightly hinder the airtime - it's not as good as it looks offride in that respect.

The ORP goes in order of two faces then the full train pic. The two face pic is taken after the sea serpent roll and the full train picture is taken right before the cobra roll.

I'm off to The Smiler on Monday so can someone tell me how long i should expect to be queuing for? Considering its school term time and the day after half term. :twirly: Only staying until 2 so i'll be there straight away :cool:
Thanks. Smile ALWAYS! :twirly: :twirly:

At an absolute utter guess... 90 minutes. I can't imagine the park will be heaving after the weekend as half term has ended. However, it's all a bit hard to tell as operations haven't got in the swing of things yet and there could be all manner of breakdowns yet!

Unfortunately the only time I can go is Sunday, can anyone hazard a guess about how long i can expect queues for the smiler to be? :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.