• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Buschgardensfan said:
As with the same over at TT, can someone please post that last picture of today's developments on something other than facebook? Would be much appreciated.
TowersStreet have not posted any updates today and when we do, we try our best to get them onto Twitter, the forum and the Smiler section of our site :) of course this doesn't always happen straight away.

With other website updates (like today) it's down to somebody posting a link to the image/ the image itself and crediting the site or Facebook page it is from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Scott said:
Buschgardensfan said:
As with the same over at TT, can someone please post that last picture of today's developments on something other than facebook? Would be much appreciated.
With other website updates (like today) it's down to somebody posting a link to the image/ the image itself and crediting the site or Facebook page it is from.

He only means because he can't access or see Facebook pictures so has asked if someone could re-upload the latest image (albeit from another source) on here.

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Scott said:
Buschgardensfan said:

He only means because he can't access or see Facebook pictures so has asked if someone could re-upload the latest image (albeit from another source) on here.
Yep, and I was just explaining why we might not have images from another source on our forum all the time and equally how we aim to post our own updates in here as wuick as we can :)

Scott said:
Scott said:
Buschgardensfan said:

Yep, and I was just explaining why we might not have images from another source on our forum all the time and equally how we aim to post our own updates in here as wuick as we can :)

I don't see how that is relevant to what he is asking or his post in general though. I posted the picture from The Alton Towers Guides Facebook page on here - he can't see it so he asked if someone could re-upload it so he can. What has what TowersStreet do or what other posters have to do with him? :D

Someone has said they are staying over in the hotels tonight and on the way to them they saw three large lorries parked up that were not being offloaded and the drivers were sleeping in their cabs. What could be inside? Lift hill sections? Trains?

Sammy said:
Am I the only one thinking that having the catwalk stuck on the side, has totally ruined the look/curve of the 'Air-time hill'?! I just think it looks a bit clumsy, had they both followed the same shaping/curve it wouldn't have looked quite a bad! But, that's just me being picky, I understand that it has to be there for servicing etc! :p

Still, niggles aside... It's looking amazing, and the walls are truly flying on now! Which is great to see :D

Your not the only one! I think it looks weird... :p

Lottie. said:
Sammy said:
Am I the only one thinking that having the catwalk stuck on the side, has totally ruined the look/curve of the 'Air-time hill'?! I just think it looks a bit clumsy, had they both followed the same shaping/curve it wouldn't have looked quite a bad! But, that's just me being picky, I understand that it has to be there for servicing etc! :p

Still, niggles aside... It's looking amazing, and the walls are truly flying on now! Which is great to see :D

Your not the only one! I think it looks weird... :p

Wouldn't of been so bad if the catwalk was the other side as this is the side you will see most of out of the two sides.

I don't see how that is relevant to what he is asking or his post in general though. I posted the picture from The Alton Towers Guides Facebook page on here - he can't see it so he asked if someone could re-upload it so he can. What has what TowersStreet do or what other posters have to do with him? :D

Scott was simply explaining that when TowersStreet have updates on The Smiler the team will post updates on the forums and make sure they report coverage on all platforms. It just informs members and any guests that updates by TowersStreet are posted on here by the team, however the team have no responsibility to post updates from other sites.

The original question/post seemed to imply that sites such as TowersStreet and TowersTimes should hold some form of responsibility when updates come from other websites. When they don't.

Generally in photos of rides you can work out which bit is which. Here all I can and have seen in photos is a mess of track. This pleases me.

Someone has said they are staying over in the hotels tonight and on the way to them they saw three large lorries parked up that were not being offloaded and the drivers were sleeping in their cabs. What could be inside? Lift hill sections? Trains?

The trucks always seem to arrive the night before un-loading, i would guess the priority would be the last of the track but certainly trains can't be far away.

Dave said:

The trucks always seem to arrive the night before un-loading, i would guess the priority would be the last of the track but certainly trains can't be far away.

Hmmmmm.... Trains......

3 Lorries though? That's a fair old bit of kit is that, I'd bet on track myself. Someone go poke the drivers and ask!! I'm sure they wont mind, take em a wee dram along ;D

Scott said:
Scott said:
Buschgardensfan said:

Because it implied that us and TT need to post other people's updates. Therefore I just clarified in case there was an issue. I don't really see why this needs to be discussed any further, nor why you need to answer on behalf of the original member? If you do have any more issues please PM me :)

Just to derail this topic, but I was reading back through the old topic and came across this during the discussion regarding the CCTV image of the knot and what the "numbers" could mean:

Planning Portal including The Smiler / Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued
« on: 21 Dec 2012 at 18:59 pm »

Maybe 5:14 means the 5th inversion of 14?

Won't let me quote from a locked topic, so had to do it like that. This was posted by Bexbunce back in
December last year. I'm not sure where this inversion comes in relation to ones preceding it and ones following it, but interesting none the less :)

LiamC said:
Just to derail this topic, but I was reading back through the old topic and came across this during the discussion regarding the CCTV image of the knot and what the "numbers" could mean:

Planning Portal including The Smiler / Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued
« on: 21 Dec 2012 at 18:59 pm »

Maybe 5:14 means the 5th inversion of 14?

Won't let me quote from a locked topic, so had to do it like that. This was posted by Bexbunce back in
December last year. I'm not sure where this inversion comes in relation to ones preceding it and ones following it, but interesting none the less :)

Yeah that came out in discussion a little while ago again, when the 14/15 inversion debate was happening.

Has to be commended this thing is nearly built (construction anyway) and we still have no idea for certain how many there will be ;D

Makes me chuckle though if I remember correctly, how many dismissed it completely out of hand.

15 for me by the way based on that members eagle eyed game watching.

BGcUGKWCQAAm-Yo.jpg

Just posted by Alton Towers Twitter Feed.

Looks like those lorries were carrying the trains after all.

Looks like OSTR? Though my powers of x ray vision aren't known for their accuracy.

Relax people, its probably just another ice cream van ;)

I take it back. Its obviously the washing machine element.

If it's not, I'll eat my hat.

Is that yellow wheels?.. Nice!

So we are looking at effectively two eurofighter cars?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.