• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

You can't really tell anything at all about the trains from that apart from they exist and that they have wheels! It looks like they are storing them in Merlin Studios, hopefully it won't be too long until they come out for testing!

:)

Chinese water torture takes less time than figuring out the details on this coaster/trains.

I find it funny that you can see a squirrel nutty car chilling in the background, hoping to get accidentally attached.

Ben. said:
I find it funny that you can see a squirrel nutty car chilling in the background, hoping to get accidentally attached.

Hahahahah!!

"I'm a Smiler, I'm a Smiler, can I have a go on dat big twack over dere pleeeeeeeeeease mista. plweweweweweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!"

Awww! Why is that cute?

Ben. said:

What you on about? The camera man slipped...the wrapped cars are the new ones for Squirrel Nutty - the Squirrel Nutty cars are going on The Smiler! :p

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Ben. said:

What you on about? The camera man slipped...the wrapped cars are the new ones for Squirrel Nutty - the Squirrel Nutty cars are going on The Smiler! :p

Hahahaha!! I'd be up for a go on that ;D

So, these, from the outline we can see 'look' like standard eurofighter cars

JB1985 said:
So, these, from the outline we can see 'look' like standard eurofighter cars

Everything we have seen has suggested they wont move dramatically away from the Eurofighter style. Just with the extra 2 rows so i guess there will be differences in how they articulate.

Another picture of the trains:

BGc8wogCMAEMeB-.jpg

Hmm, I'm still unsure whether it's Lapbars or Shoulder Harnesses

I know you can't make out much from that sneak peak...but I think that they look lovely.

Looking at that picture though, I'd be surprised if they do have lapbars. Though if they do, it'll be pretty unique!

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance the team could move all the discussion about the trains in this topic into the train speculation topic? Just it's a little hard and confusing trying to follow very similar discussion in both topics, and there are duplicate posts arising!

on it Rob.
Reminder: Please keep train discussion in the relevant topic - Thanking you.

In this image...
BGc8wogCMAEMeB-.jpg

Is it me or does the 'resort' painted bit not seem to fit with the rest? Looks odd, like it was an afterthought

Now you mention it, the R looks like it has a bit of an outline on one side.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

I think it's like when the first posters appeared for the ride - it looks weird because we've never seen 'Resort' written in the logo font before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

So there's quite a bit of debate on The Smiler Wikipedia page on whether this should be listed as a EuroFighter or not. What does everyone think on here? For me, it's not. No beyond vertical drop and the trains are different.

I say not. It has as much in common with a Eurofighter as a B&M floorless has with a Dive Machine.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Well it's hard to say... Everything about the track and layout screams EuroFighter but the lack of the standard train and beyond vertical drop make it hard to categorise it as one.

However, I don't know what you really would call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I suppose it all depends how Gertslauer like to class their coasters. For me a Eurofighter has a beyond vertical drop. You then have the launch coasters (Anubis and Lynet) which do not have the beyond vertical drops yet do have similar style layouts to Eurofighters. Then there's Novgorod which is a Eurofighter with a launch!

So for me, The Smiler is a new coaster type from Gerstlauer. Sure the track may be similar and whatnot but it doesn't have the signature feature that all other Eurofighters have. Saying that, I don't have a clue what I'd actually class The Smiler as!

Rob said:
Saying that, I don't have a clue what I'd actually class The Smiler as!

It's a roller coaster.

Ironically, this world's first is Gerstlauers most "normal" steel coaster to date.

Normal hills and drops, inversions, a "train", OTSR, no launches or anything etc.

Only the second "normal" coaster, of thrill size, that Alton have ever had as well - this isn't Alton Towers' new Nemesis. This is Alton Towers' new Corkscrew.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.