• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

rightbackgranty said:
Part of me hopes that those signed up to the SW7 mini site would be offered posters to go and put up, almost like "street teams" associated with a number of bands.

I can think of a few brilliant locations to put these up, and would love the opportunity to!

I don't know if that would be a good idea, I know that I for one would end up with a redecorated bedroom.... Which as much as I would love, I doubt that's what Towers really want...

I'm on my new fangled telecommunications device! So if I spell anything wrong, I do apologise.

Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

I LOVE how all these random logos are popping up everywhere with no reference to what it means or to Alton Towers yet. I remember stuff like this happening with Oblivion but havent known it really happen with any other rides? Can anyone think of any?

It looks like AT are truely set on making this HUGE and and iconic.

Im getting so excited about all this :D even the moon looks like the 'smiler' tonight!

I too would probably keep one or two of the posters if they were to be sent out ;D. However, having been a "ambassador" for companies like madventure before at university they send you so many damn posters out you just want to get rid of them! They spent a good few months taking up what little room I had in student accommodation!

If they were to just release a pdf of the poster it would allow people to do as they wish with the design, without putting financial effort in themselves.

Neuros said:
486058_10151444796088185_1937940224_n.jpg

Spotted in a bar somewhere :p

This one isn't real, you can tell its been printed off and is not high quality like the others

Rather liking the random SW7 advertising posters popping around the country

Anyone for a massive AT campaign? If everyone from TowersStreet put one of these up (not feasible, but hey) in a busy place I see the ride being the biggest success possible. Maybe if the fans were to give something back for the Oblivion painting, it'd be fitting? ;)

To be honest I would avoid as a fan putting anything up unless Towers promoted such a campaign. I want o see the marketing happen as Towers plan and not see cheap imitations put up be enthusiasts diminishing that effect.

The one in the bar looks photoshopped on the logo that is. Meh, I dunno it just looks fake no affence!

if you look at the ones that have been put up in London etc the picture in the bar just looks like a flipped over copy of one of those. How strange?!

The poster may not look the same quality as the others, but that may be down to the quality of the camera in that light. We all know that when it's dark the quality of the picture taken diminishes quickly, especially on phone cameras.

Not convinced by the bar one.

Reversed as mentioned
QR Code, very small
And most compelling for me, it has a large white frame. Only time a frame appeared was at the station on the centre, it was underneath and had what seemed to be a marketing firms name on it.

Looses impact with a white frame. Very likely someone liked the image and put one up, and why not?

It is that kind of image people will put it up because it's rather kool looking! I'd be quite sure it's another reason AT are using it.

Merchandising for this ride will be off the scale.

[SW7] Marketing discussion

They're everywhere. Spotted one near Highbury Corner, London today whilst at work. Couldn't get a pic in time though.

Wonder if they've ventured as far as putting any in Manchester yet? I shall have a look around Piccadilly tomorrow ;)

Just seen this picture of the Lego Towers model in LDC Manchester:

424422_10151343357968704_1135425548_n.jpg

(Picture from Ellie :) )

Quite cool :D

Islander said:
Just seen this picture of the Lego Towers model in LDC Manchester:

424422_10151343357968704_1135425548_n.jpg

(Picture from Ellie :) )

Quite cool :D

Ey ey ;)

Talking of other attractions the logo has also now appeared at Birmingham SEA LIFE.

2a9qy55.jpg

I would love it if the towers send a couple of A4 posters to schools and colleges that use their education centre.

I think one or two at work would look great. Then after the opening it could be placed in marketing training rooms.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.