• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

Is it just me who wants Towers to run around and stamp it on people's backs or something?
That would really be taking it far!

Really loving this marketing!

This latest marketing has baffled me, using sheep? Interesting :p Mr Twirly is certainly travelling all over the country, making its mark. I'm intrigued as to where the logo will be next.

Well done Towers on this great marketing scheme.

I happened to be out and about earlier today and managed to do a bit of sheep spotting! I think the next advocates are ready!
P1060297.jpg

P1060296.jpg

P1060295.jpg

P1060287.jpg

P1060284.jpg

[SW7] Marketing discussion

The new head of marketing is clearly finally getting to do his thing now...I just adore this while campaign :D

A collective round applause for Alton Towers on this one.

Shame it is winter, can you imagine this as a crop circle?

;D

tumblr_lr43eik7KD1r23w17o1_500.jpg

Love this new marketing stunt but I think enthusiasts 'spilling the beans' on the GP saying this was just a PR stunt for Alton Towers is like telling kids Santa Claus doesn't exist! Just spoiling the fun a bit or maybe I should get a life. ::)

Anyway, if anyone's interested it was organised by a company called Cake PR. http://www.cakegroup.com

That's much more like it. The use of sheep is interesting, different, more mysterious, edgy and 'underground' looking.

Not a lifeless poster plastered on a typical corporate advertising space. They need to continue with more stuff like this!

AltonBuzz said:
Love this new marketing stunt but I think enthusiasts 'spilling the beans' on the GP saying this was just a PR stunt for Alton Towers is like telling kids Santa Claus doesn't exist! Just spoiling the fun a bit or maybe I should get a life. ::)

Anyway, if anyone's interested it was organised by a company called Cake PR. http://www.cakegroup.com

It's an ego thing AltonBuzz, not all obviously, some will just be conversational.

Otherwise, it is typical "I know better than you, so am going to ruin it for you to make myself feel big".

The only way some people can feel good about themselves, is to get one up over others in some way shape or form. Very sad really.

It can be especially prominent on forums/social media as it's more anonymous.

I think over the next few weeks we will start to see the logo all around the country in the strangest of places. Not only typical places like billboards, sides of buses, bus stops, etc. But on other things like sheep, probably projected on buildings, maybe a crop circle (or even something to do with the snow), or anything totally random!

Im certainly liking this marketing so far, no mentions of anything stupid yet like TH13TEEN!

djtruefitt said:
I think over the next few weeks we will start to see the logo all around the country in the strangest of places. Not only typical places like billboards, sides of buses, bus stops, etc. But on other things like sheep, probably projected on buildings, maybe a crop circle (or even something to do with the snow), or anything totally random!

Im certainly liking this marketing so far, no mentions of anything stupid yet like TH13TEEN!

A crop circle would be an awesome idea! I've seen on TV how easy they are to make, and after the sheep I think if the farmers see this they really will start to get scared! :p

I actually think a TV advert with a speed montage flicking through all the places that the face has been like...'watching' you from (a bit like when Derren Brown reveals where he's hidden all the subtle hints in a show) and then culminates in advertising the ride would be amazing. Then it'd be like "we've been watching you for a long time..."

Magrathea said:
I actually think a TV advert with a speed montage flicking through all the places that the face has been like...'watching' you from (a bit like when Derren Brown reveals where he's hidden all the subtle hints in a show) and then culminates in advertising the ride would be amazing. Then it'd be like "we've been watching you for a long time..."
Really like your idea kind of hopeing this will be the advert

Re: [SW7] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Alton just tweeted this...

BA6grBdCcAEkDbx.jpg

Is it only me, or does that scream washing machine element?

Re: Re: [SW7] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

LordOfDarkness said:

BA6grBdCcAEkDbx.jpg

No more than the eyes of "Mr Twirly" does.

And yes, I have changed my username ;)

Re: [SW7] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

LordOfDarkness said:

BA6grBdCcAEkDbx.jpg

Thinking a bit more obscurely, it could be a code. With each spiral corresponding to a letter of the alphabet, in order to spell out a 7 letter word...

...Or it could be nothing. :p

It kinda makes an animation if you put it in the right order - I think a frame is missing though...

sw7-animation.gif

A bit faster...

sw73.gif

Full speed!

sw72.gif

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.