• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Indoor element also confirmed essentially...

Doubt it'll launch you into the station in real-life, that'll be a game aspect...

Great trailer, I'm so excited for the game now never mind the ride! I'll probably be beside myself with excitement when May comes around :twirly:

That does indeed look like some sort of launch at the end.......

Also, the hazy spinny of the eyes, like lights through some sort of smoke also fits in with something I heard many months back about one of the disorienting features of the ride.....

So we now know there are at least 11 inversions, wonder how many more are going to pop-up. Game looks great though and it also suggests the building style has been changed a bit.

Firstly, that arrangement of ITHOTMK is er... you could say cool.

Basically, I've noted a few things:

1. The 4 "stages" (0:10) sort of suggest a pre-ride/queue-line theming attraction- possibly a scare maze?

2. At 0:13, there appears to be a launch out of the station.

3. At 0:19 and 0:27, there appears to be references to the "inverting drops". Although, at 0:27, there is only one featured, whereas, for the batwing it states "X2" (although, clearly, for any intelligent enthusiasts, a batwing is one element). This suggests that there is only one- so not all the air-time is gone. From the NL recreation, one of the drops is clearly better, so hopefully it's not on that one.

4. Flashing up at 0:22 is the phrase "obedience is one of your five a day"- referring to the five mind-manupulating elements suggested by Wardley yesterday.

5. At 0:27, there three tabs at the top- "loops", "marmaliser" and "top secret". The loops are obvious, from the logo of the marmaliser, it appears that this is the spider theming object in the middle of the coaster. The top secret is probably a reference to the world's first element.

6. At 0:36, there is quite blatant duelling- pretty much confirming this.

7. At 0:41, it appears that the car is being launched back into the station! With flames coming from the back of the car! Who knows what this could be.

Well anyway, for the "five mind-manupulating elements" I would hazard a guess at these:

1. Pre first lift/launch- including barrel roll.
2. Launch up the first hill.
3. Interaction with the "Marmaliser".
4. Duelling.
5. I'm not sure, but that launch at the end looks pretty interesting. Otherwise, it may just be the amount of inversions or even the pre-ride theming/queue-line.

Only one arm of Submission was working! :( Was hoping for both working as part of the refurb... ah well, there's still hope! (Can't stand the ride but it looks great with both arms)

Oh yeah, and The Smiler looks good also :)

Would anyone be interested if I do an analysis of this and post it up on here? :)

There's some massive give away's in the video which I think some may easily miss. :p

That music...
I'm pretty sure its a launch into whatever the element is at the end...
But this looks amazing.

Regarding the inverted drops, I do believe there will be the two. Firstly as the car travels up the first lift at 0:16 you can see an inversion in the track below it (aka the second inverted drop) and then as the camera follows the train down the first drop, it also inverts, hence my belief we will have two inverted drops. Plus there are two additional corkscrews before the final break run and one after the batwing before the MCBR leading to the heavily rumoured 14 inversions.

Anyone think the 5 elements may be sight, smell, touch, hearing and taste??..
Could be interesting..? playing with our minds totally..?

The 5 'behavioral influences' are:

Obedience
Compliance
Disobedience
Group influences
Social perception

Just a thought...

Also there's, what appears to be, a corkscrew at the end- before the final turn. Therefore, the elements will go, as follows:

1. Barrel Roll
2. Inverting Drop
3. Dive Loop
4. Dive Loop
5. Batwing (two inversions)
6. Inverting Drop
7. Sea Serpent Roll (two inversions)
8. Cobra Roll (two inversions)
9. Corkscrew?

That makes twelve, and, I think they could possibly squeeze a corkscrew after the batwing, if they wanted. So twelve, possibly thirteen inversions...

Holy crap.

Noonie99 said:
Anyone think the 5 elements may be sight, smell, touch, hearing and taste??..
Could be interesting..? playing with our minds totally..?
Taste?!
Anyone seen that specsavers advert filmed on infusion?

I still believe that after analysing the video, there will be 14 mind marmalising inversions. :p

Also, incorporating all of the senses would be an interesting move. (Also love the ITHOTMK arrangement)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.