• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

The name is surely coming soon. Looks like that is meant to say "You belong to" although the "to" is slightly hard to make out.

Could these 'snippets' be part of the queueline videos?

I can see the name being revealed in the next week or so.

"You Belong to the Ministry Of Joy " / "... To Us" :p

I was thinking the same. They look more like parts of the blipverts / full advert to me.

That said, they could re-use them in queueline videos.

I was thinking this does look very queue line-ish, or maybe for a pre show. Also, the font reminds me of Oblivion's, but with a different colour.

The more I think about it, the harder it is to see where that "spider" will fit in with the whole MOJ theme.

Jonathan said:
This has just been posted by Towers' Twitter account.
BA-X2_iCcAEUoTM.jpg

Where did you find this? I can't seem to find it on AT's twitter

what do you think the name of the ride will be any ideas, people say it could be called "the smiler" but that seems a bit dull dont it? so what do ya think?

I quite like the name 'The Smiler'. It has that kind of creepy vibe to it. It sounds nice but when you delve into it you discover quite the opposite.

Whatever name they choose though, there will always be some who hate the name. There's no way on earth that Alton Towers could create a name that would please everyone, that would be way too easy.

The Smiler fits in with the concept of MOJ/The Sanctuary/SW7, it's easy to market and most importantly it's a simple name that will be remembered easily by the public.

Always loved "The Smiler".

As for the coaster, beginning to wonder whether it is not a "contraption" at all.

Starting to think it will have an authority all of it's own.

I'm pretty much certain that The Smiler is the name of the logo, it makes sense for them to trademark it since it is being so widely used. I've even got used to calling the logo The Smiler now, I just find it easier to call it that :)

First thing we know about towers is they never name the rides after any suggestions that have appeared on fansites.

Personally believe that smiler is related to the icon. Perfect name for him really.

I wonder if Enterprise will be renamed with its refurbishment? As a spinning ride it seemingly fits perfectly alongside the 'twirl' theme of SW7 and it'd be the perfect time to refresh it.

thefatone said:
First thing we know about towers is they never name the rides after any suggestions that have appeared on fansites.

Personally believe that smiler is related to the icon. Perfect name for him really.

yup i agree that "the smiler" is just a reference that people call the ride since no official name has been confirmed

Alastair said:
I wonder if Enterprise will be renamed with its refurbishment? As a spinning ride it seemingly fits perfectly alongside the 'twirl' theme of SW7 and it'd be the perfect time to refresh it.

I really do hope that Enterprise will have a giant spiral on it this year, even if they keep the same name, it will just look so good and keep in with the Ministry of Joy theme :)

Delirium, Convergent, Mesmeric or Assuage are names I think arent bad :)
My family however think "Ahhhh" "Around the loop" and "help Im dying" are better...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.