• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

george2v said:
I see where you're coming from with the 'teeth', but strangely enough I just counted numerous times, and it would appear they both have 16. As for the merged eyes, I agree. I prefer the new logo, it has more disorientated connotations.

I think it must be an optical illusion, I just made the old logo the same size and rotated it so it's the same way around, and the teeth look the same. But thank you :) I didn't think to count them :)

Dar said:
I think the one with the "merged" eyes might be the one from the videos with the eyes spinning. I think they will probably keep two designs for advertising, the one with spinning eyes and the one with static, well defined, eyes.

I think it may just be down to bad image compression - when you save an image on a computer into a very compressed format you tend to get some blurring / distortion. It's the payoff for reducing the image file size.

adsyrah said:
Dar said:
I think the one with the "merged" eyes might be the one from the videos with the eyes spinning. I think they will probably keep two designs for advertising, the one with spinning eyes and the one with static, well defined, eyes.

I think it may just be down to bad image compression - when you save an image on a computer into a very compressed format you tend to get some blurring / distortion. It's the payoff for reducing the image file size.

My thoughts exactly, I assume the one that was posted on the twitter page was just a badly resized version of the original. From my limited knowledge of logos, the cleaner is always better. And more iconic as a mark.

Just been banned from thesettlersonline game for using #getcorrected in the in-game chat. Accused me of trolling and blatant advertising. #whatstheworldcomingto?

Well. Well. Well. The Smiley face has taken over Manchester.
My mate sent me this today whilst he was there. Really good too see them coming too UK's biggest cities.
59955_477554732308128_1080035602_n_zpsf08ea7b4.jpg

Will they hit the smaller towns next?

I somehow doubt they will hit the smaller towns. At this moment in time, I think it would be great if they plaster these in most of the major cities. I'm happy that this hasn't been all concentrated in London!

From Towers2Go:

Rumours yesterday were circulating yesterday after Alton Towers tweeted an image, believed to say 'The Inoculator'. Towers2Go can exclusivley confirm this is not the name of SW7, but it will play a key part in the marketing off the ride. All we say is stay tuned on our Facebook page as we are giving daily teasers building up to wednesay where we will #getcorrected and be able to #play !

I don't know how factually correct this is but I know one thing.. It wasn't spell checked.

http://towers2go.weebly.com/alton-towers-release-the-inoculator.html

KingNemesis said:
From Towers2Go:

Rumours yesterday were circulating yesterday after Alton Towers tweeted an image, believed to say 'The Inoculator'. Towers2Go can exclusivley confirm this is not the name of SW7, but it will play a key part in the marketing off the ride. All we say is stay tuned on our Facebook page as we are giving daily teasers building up to wednesay where we will #getcorrected and be able to #play !

I don't know how factually correct this is but I know one thing.. It wasn't spell checked.

http://towers2go.weebly.com/alton-towers-release-the-inoculator.html
It may be the name, it may not - although I'm leaning slightly towards it not being the name. I'd like to know what their source for this information is, though.

"Can exclusively confirm"

Exclusively, apart from everyone else who says it isn't the name.

Like most of this website...

Blaze said:
"Can exclusively confirm"

Exclusively, apart from everyone else who says it isn't the name.

Like most of this website...

Like Jonathan said I would like to know there source.

Why would you run a website like that, and not grammar and spell check your posts, especially when you are claiming to have exclusive information from the UKs biggest theme park.

Unbelievably lazy.

In our haste to rush, people here make a few mistakes, but I rarely see a forum post that is as badly written as that is, and this is just a place for people to opine.

We may have different, and at times odd opinions here, but I have to credit the general level of quality within the posts themselves.

With the lack of grammar etc, one cannot help but question the validity of the article :)

KingNemesis said:
Rumours yesterday were circulating yesterday after Alton Towers tweeted an image, believed to say 'The Inoculator'. Towers2Go can exclusivley confirm this is not the name of SW7

What a scoop!

On another note, whilst they got the big news on 'The Innoculator' not being the name, the name of the story is 'Alton Towers release The Innoculator' and they have a big banner with the smiley face saying 'The Innoculator' on it.

...ok.

From TS News:
TowersStreet have just been sent images of a new style of poster advertising Alton Towers’ new rollercoaster for 2013: SW7, put up in London today. If these are genuine, they add weight to previous rumours that the attraction will be called The Smiler. The name, which has been rumoured since the appearance of a trademark back in November, is coherent with the creepy smiling theme that was first used in The Sanctuary during the 2012 Scarefest event.

smiler.jpg

The fact that these posters have been put up suggests an official reveal of the name within the next few days, either from Alton Towers themselves or in the press. Hype has been built up through the park’s social media in the last few days, sparking speculation about ‘The Inoculator’, as well as showing what could potentially be screenshots from video related to the attraction.

It is possible that ‘The Smiler’ and ‘The Inoculator’ could be names of other thematic elements in the attraction itself, such as the large metallic structure, and that the ride itself will have an entirely different name. Until official word is given from Alton Towers, enthusiasts can merely speculate.

Do you think The Smiler is the name of the resort’s latest Secret Weapon? TowersStreet are your premier source for Alton Towers Resort news and you can follow the final stages of this very exciting project on our dedicated SW7 minisite, Facebook, Twitter or get involved over at our forums where we have some lively SW7 discussion for you to get your teeth into.

This double N sydrome has a lot of people buggered over. I was infected at first but got through it... ;)

Hmmm seems a shame to reveal the name when the campaign has barely been going a week. The marketing has been fantastic over the last week, I'd rather have seen more mysterious marketing for a little longer really.

This does also seem like a very very strange way to reveal the name.

:)

Very interesting indeed. Let's hope they are genuine images and it's one less thing we can speculate about. Despite all the criticism of The Smiler as a name, it looks very sinister and captivating next to the face logo.

So good Photoshop or good call from the park on this.

I think it could be genuine. For starters, the name seems highly likely anyway (and I've been saying for months...MONTHS!!!...that the name would at least feature the word 'smile' in it), and in top of that if its a fake it's only to troll a small amount of people anyway. It's not like a film or video game that has a global audience, the only people who care are...well...us. And a few others.

I think it's legit. I also think I've been right all along :)

Well I'll take The Smiler over The Inocufail any day :D

What's quite interesting is how small 'the' is on the poster. The attention is definitely on 'Smiler'

If it is the name - I can see it being called 'Smiler' way more than 'The Smiler'

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.