• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Spoiler Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm willing to purchase a whole truck full of eggs, should SpinDoctor wish to stick to his prophecy. I spy, with my little eye, nothing beginning with 'W'(ashing Machine)...

JB1985 said:
Also, doesnt it drop to the left out of the station?

It does drop to the left out the station, although for some reason they've mirrored the image so you see it going right in the video.

Why they've mirrored the image though beats me, weird!

CGM said:
James said:
Alastair said:

Stafford Towers Altonshire?

Nah, don't think that will catch on any time soon.

Incorrect headline, POV is inexplicably flipped, name and location of park wrong, why is it that the media is completely incapable of covering theme park attractions well?
The name and location is purposely wrong... He talks about how the ride is meant to leave guests not knowing where they are, and so he gets it wrong. It's meant to be a joke.

Scott said:
CGM said:
James said:
Alastair said:

Stafford Towers Altonshire?

Nah, don't think that will catch on any time soon.

Incorrect headline, POV is inexplicably flipped, name and location of park wrong, why is it that the media is completely incapable of covering theme park attractions well?
The name and location is purposely wrong... He talks about how the ride is meant to leave guests not knowing where they are, and so he gets it wrong. It's meant to be a joke.

I know but I needed a third thing. Two just isn't enough.

T said:
Looking brilliant. I had to flip the video myself in VLC as it was driving me crazy!

I too like the turfing!
Does it say it opens a week on Sunday aswell or am I going mental :)

I've decided to post this in the spoiler topic as it could be seen as some as a slight spoiler. I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, apologies if it has. But John Wardley today said that The Smiler was very smooth, I was not present when he said this but spoke to a few people who did manage to have a chat with him. It is definitely not another Saw. I see this as great news!

:)

There is a chance it could be there and the train is just running straight through it! Or it could be that as we all know it doesn't exist. ::)

The Disorientater is basically the barrel roll with lighting effects that are not shown on the videos so far, I think I'm allowed to tell you that as its obvious to any slightly intelligent person anyway.

I think they have ruined the surprise again the same as they did with th13teen by releasing a half cock video with the lights on!!!!!
As I've said before these marketing people are morons.

I agree it has ruined it really. I think there's been too much media coverage and crowds are likely to be astronomical now. They're trying to undo the financial damage done by the two months of not being open, I feel.

Tom said:
They're trying to undo the financial damage done by the two months of not being open, I feel.

In other news, the Pope announced his faith to be Roman Catholic...

Am I the only one who is tired of these POV's now? They're all shaky and do not show the ride at it's best. Alton Towers should just mount their own camera, on the front of the car, and be done with it.

T said:
Am I the only one who is tired of these POV's now? They're all shaky and do not show the ride at it's best. Alton Towers should just mount their own camera, on the front of the car, and be done with it.

No, they're really annoying me too. I think they're an extremely lazy way of promoting the attraction and the promotions itself seems to have tapered off a bit now and has become overshadowed by all these pov's.

Why can't they just promote the ride the good old fashioned way? With teasers, blipverts, adverts in papers and magazines and then full blown TV adverts. Quite why they insist on a bunch of vacuous, annoying tv and radio personalities is beyond me. The advertising started off brilliantly for this ride with the posters around the country, the projections onto famous buildings and then moving onto the Miles Cedar videos. I know the final cedar video happened not that long ago but they really should have kept that momentum going and built on them a bit more, possibly by releasing an advert a day or two afterwards rather than padding the time out between those and an advert with shoddy pov's.

Meh, I loved the air of mystery surrounding this ride before these came out. Now that's been somewhat lost with these :/

ChocolateStarfish said:
I think they have ruined the surprise again the same as they did with th13teen by releasing a half cock video with the lights on!!!!!
As I've said before these marketing people are morons.

But, there's no surprise? Eurofighter indoor barrel rolls are about as old hat as you can get. It's not exactly a marketable 'secret' for the general public either.

Frankly, I'm a bit confused as to why there's a spoiler topic. What is there to spoil?

I'm sure were going to see all the blipverts and TV ads as well, but PR is an effective and comparatively cheap form of promotion.

I'm sure most of you will have seen this, but I'll highlight this video here from the PR agency that dealt with Nemmy's opening, this technique is nothing new.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NuJJXbe5MGY

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.