• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Spoiler Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
kamfira said:
Scott said:
Just as a point:

This thread was created so that people posting and guests visiting the site to view construction updates or discuss the ride generally could do so without any discussion of the inside or of elements of POVs being discussed too. It's equally here in advance so that when the ride opens, we have somewhere for people to discuss ride experiences and their thoughts without making the discussion thread a no go for those who don't wish to see spoilers.

Just keeps peoples options open really :)

I think the point some people are making though is due to the fact that it's not like Thirteen where's there technically a spoiler...this is just a rollercoaster that you can see basically everything about from just the photos. There's not actually much of a 'big reveal' so even reports of 'ride experiences' will just basically be saying how good/bad it was.

Of course it wont!

There will be loads of people who have no idea what happens inside the station or the first part of the ride indoors, in fact, people here don't even know - and multiple references from professionals have detailed there being some kind of pre-show/secret element/projection show going on.

The point is, there is still very likely something secret under wraps despite numerous protestations to the contrary. And if the professional/trade leaflet was anything to go by, it is something rather advanced in the projection whatever it is called field.

If this topic does not contain any actual spoilers come opening time, I will be MOST surprised!

Why is it despite all the evidence, so few people still actually believe anything else will happen?

Think some of the early videos have been rushed as they knew 20 geeks where stood in X-Sector just waiting for a car to go around. One thing they have had to contend with in this campaign is not having the closed season to hide behind.

I think the delays in the project have prevented the marketing team maybe running the sort of campaign they would have liked. Shame really.

kamfira said:
Scott said:
Just as a point:

This thread was created so that people posting and guests visiting the site to view construction updates or discuss the ride generally could do so without any discussion of the inside or of elements of POVs being discussed too. It's equally here in advance so that when the ride opens, we have somewhere for people to discuss ride experiences and their thoughts without making the discussion thread a no go for those who don't wish to see spoilers.

I think the point some people are making though is due to the fact that it's not like Thirteen where's there technically a spoiler...this is just a rollercoaster that you can see basically everything about from just the photos. There's not actually much of a 'big reveal' so even reports of 'ride experiences' will just basically be saying how good/bad it was.
I see where you're coming from... However, we have users and guests to the site who may wish to know absolutely nothing of the ride, how it runs, what it's like and more until they themselves get a chance to ride. Having a separate thread allows them to still take part in discussion and speculation without having anything at all revealed to them that cannot already be seen in X Sector.

It's a precaution and helps to welcome everyone to discussion, whether people want to bury their heads in the sand or not...

Either way, this is off topic xD

The point is, there is still very likely something secret under wraps despite numerous protestations to the contrary. And if the professional/trade leaflet was anything to go by, it is something rather advanced in the projection whatever it is called field.

If this topic does not contain any actual spoilers come opening time, I will be MOST surprised!

Why is it despite all the evidence, so few people still actually believe anything else will happen?
I think the people saying that there will be nothing secret/special (like me) are referring to physical things regarding the track or trains. i.e washing machine elements, backward free falls, trains that slow down if people aren't smiling etc. And I really doubt any of those are going to happen!

I have no doubt that there will be some fancy projection and lighting effects either in the indoor queue or the indoor part of the ride and this will be the remaining 'secret element'.

DanJB said:

I think the people saying that there will be nothing secret/special (like me) are referring to physical things regarding the track or trains. i.e washing machine elements, backward free falls, trains that slow down if people aren't smiling etc. And I really doubt any of those are going to happen!

I have no doubt that there will be some fancy projection and lighting effects either in the indoor queue or the indoor part of the ride and this will be the remaining 'secret element'.

I agree entirely, and that is another good reason for the topic.

To be honest, I have forgotten the reason I made the above post and to who now anyway.

Scott said:
kamfira said:
Scott said:
Just as a point:

I see where you're coming from... However, we have users and guests to the site who may wish to know absolutely nothing of the ride, how it runs, what it's like and more until they themselves get a chance to ride. Having a separate thread allows them to still take part in discussion and speculation without having anything at all revealed to them that cannot already be seen in X Sector.

It's a precaution and helps to welcome everyone to discussion, whether people want to bury their heads in the sand or not...

Either way, this is off topic xD

Not off topic when we're talking about the actual topic.

There's not been any significant spoilers yet though. Everything we've seen is obvious. Right now it's like asking for people to talk in spoilers about the Great Gastby Movie! There is no need for a Spoilers topic seperate from the General topic, it just creates unecessary to-ing and fro-ing. If people want to bury their heads in the sand so much they don't even look at photos of the ride, then they're best just staying out of this whole sub-forum.

It's off topic in that this has nothing to do with the actual subject of the topic. Any further discussion in Guest Services please :)

Actually, I believe we are talking about whether or not the Smiler at the moment has had any real spoilers released, at least that's what I thought I was basically saying.

I don't feel the need to go to 'Guest Services' to mention this, it's hardly a big issue and I find trying to sweep me over there somewhat patronising.

Forums are dictated by the wishes of its members, a reasonable proportion of people wanted a spoiler topic so one was created. Some people want to avoid little details about the ride (such as the decoration of the station) so a non-spoiler topic works for them and others don't want to know what happens inside (even though it is fairly obvious).

Spoilers dont have to be big reveals, hence why it is reasonable to have both.

Dave said:
Forums are dictated by the wishes of its members, a reasonable proportion of people wanted a spoiler topic so one was created. Some people want to avoid little details about the ride (such as the decoration of the station) so a non-spoiler topic works for them and others don't want to know what happens inside (even though it is fairly obvious).

Spoilers dont have to be big reveals, hence why it is reasonable to have both.

That makes sense to me now :) thanks!

Make of it what you may but the game does contain the indoor heartline with strobe effects at the start of the ride and still says to unlock the 'secret element' you have to wait until May when it will be revealed (think you have to visit the park and scan something).

Surely this questions whether there might be something additional to what everyone is thinking?

Unless the end of the indoor section has a Thirteen style door, due to light getting in I can't see there being any significant projection mapping or sophisticated lighting.

From the POV videos you can see some LED lighting strips above the track angled towards the rider. These will perhaps do some interesting Sanctuary-like 'marmalising', and perhaps there will be some strobes on the drop and inversion. Otherwise the train moves though this section too quickly.

I don't quite see how they could do much else down there!? :S

Indeed. They look like Pulsar Chromastrips to me. I hope not, they are very unreliable lights!

Benzin said:
T said:
We have seen inside though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With the house lights on...

Not the actual finished product...
Yes, but the suggestion that there's something truly groundbreaking down there is somewhat baffling. I can't get my head around it!

And then enthusiasts can bitch that it's awful/not enough/not what they dreamt up for weeks on end...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.