• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

They simply don't pay my current going rates my friend, or I would be in there like a shot...tent under King Ina's Rocks for the first few months to keep the living costs down.
I'm sure you'd have those gardens back in there originally glory in no time. Plus as we're talking toilets, you could fix up those abandoned bogs.

I visited Towers in August and found every single toilet (except the one before you go through the gate) to be modern and with decorated doors, hand dryers with warm air and warm water which was all different to what was described? Does anyone know when these refurbs were completed, I know between 2016 and 2019 but does anyone know exactly when?

And LEGOLAND (with the exception of the hotel) had mostly old toilets with dirty blue flooring and blue walls, however on my later visits some started to be refurbished with new black tiles, coloured tiled flooring, automatic warm water taps, and a move back to Dyson hand dryers. Only 2 grotty blue-walled blocks remain.

I want to know what people think about the toilets at Merlin.
But on a side note I am fascinated by hand dryers and I know Merlin sites used to have World Dryer push button things, then Dyson Airblades, then WD Airforces, and then Initial blue and red light dryers.
However LEGOLAND has seen a move back to Dysons in refurbed blocks, and Thorpe or Chessington has had a new toilet design plus weird-shaped high speed dryers.

Anyone who knows anything about the 2013 - 20 history of Merlin toilets, or wants to leave a comment in general about Merlin toilets is welcome to and I look forward to everyone’s responses.
Just merged this thread and related posts in here - please continue all exciting toilet and hand dryer discussion below. Thanks! :)

I would have stuck with Air Force ones, at least with them you don't have to touch anything and can avoid giving more business to the odious James Dyson.

Such an exciting topic to be adding to...

The toilets - if you'll excuse the pun - are crap. Dirty, dank, outdated - they've always been that way, but I spotted something rather special on Sunday - perhaps a little gross so I've enclosed it in spoiler tags.

Went to use one of the cubicles by the Dark Forest/Towers block - little bit of fecal matter on the seat, nice - but what was confusing was how the pan had clearly just been bleached... So obviously they'd attempted to clean this loo, but done the bare minimum and not even wiped the quite obvious splat on the seat.

The flushing system is also really odd - it takes ages to refill and, if you're unlucky, you might get caught by it when it randomly goes off. Toilet paper is also weedly and thin.

Toilet undercarriage wash count from earlier this week:

2 of 3 loo stops

Hilarious moment in the Gloomy Wood toilets where a fellow patron had a surprise undercarriage wash and screamed loudly to her friends.

My 1 of 3 no undercarriage wash was due to having manual flush in Mutiny Bay. THANK THE HEAVENS.