• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

I hope they fitted better heaters to keep the toilet blocks warmer too.

TheMan said:
I hear they are great for drying the crack of your bum in case of splash back!
I read that and had a part of Red Dwarf Back to earth, come to mind.

As many of you will know from my previous posts on this subject, I have an unhealthy casual interest in hand dryers.

The new dryers (at least in the Fountain Square/Dark Forest toilets) are the World Dryer Airforce type. They're presumably designed to save on electricity bills by doing away with heating elements and upping the airflow to compensate. I was really annoyed to see they'd removed the considerably better older World Dryers (the type with the curved nozzle and massive power button) for these, as from encountering them elsewhere I'm sure the cold rush of air will make using them on a chilly Scarefest evening really unpleasant.

Thanks for the heads up Cheese. I think i will be buying a small travel towel for my next trip to the towers, as those World Driers are crap. both hands are turned into blocks of ice!!

So the only bit of heat you can find in the toilet blocks have now gone :eek:

Sam said:
What happened to their little experiment with the Dyson Airblades...?

I've never seen any at Towers, though I think Chessie have a couple in Market Square. If Towers had them at some point then good riddance to the damn things!

Cheese said:
Sam said:
What happened to their little experiment with the Dyson Airblades...?

I've never seen any at Towers, though I think Chessie have a couple in Market Square. If Towers had them at some point then good riddance to the damn things!

Awww, I like them! They always feel much more effective than other dryers to me. If you do it sloooooooooowly. They definitely had one on the park side of the Towers Street toilets quite recently, not sure if anywhere else.

Something Towers need to fix is how cold their toilets are. Maybe insulate them better and install heating? It's freezing in there, especially Mutiny Bay and CCL!

The Airblades are severely flawed in my opinion. Whilst they are good at drying your hands, they are also terribly unhygienic, as no one ever perfectly fits their hands into the little gap you get - and so germs are transferred onto the mechanism extremely easily. I much prefer the really powerful normal ones, even if they do blow out cold air.

What about the germs that people transmit onto the button on standard 'World Dryer' ones?

Seriously they are unpleasant. I think they must blow out tiny ice particles. Is it too much to ask for a bit of heat???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sam said:
What about the germs that people transmit onto the button on standard 'World Dryer' ones?

They are just as bad, that's why the new automatic powerful ones are the best, and are better than all previous attempts including the Airblade. They've installed them across BPB in all the toilets and they are frankly brilliant.

Airforce dryers are by far the best ones I have used. Air Blades are over rated.

Sam said:
Something Towers need to fix is how cold their toilets are. Maybe insulate them better and install heating? It's freezing in there, especially Mutiny Bay and CCL!

the toilets between CCL and DF have the doors at both ends open all the time, and the toilet under skyride in FV does not have doors.
This causes a problem keeping heat in. Use of Air curtains as a thermal barrier could help with the temperature levels in these areas, FV toilets would be perfect for this type of thermal barrier as it only has one entrance/exit.

I not sure on how affective they would be on the CCL/DF toilets due to it having entrance/exit on each end. as the wind tunnel affect of this may be too much for air curtains to overcome.

How about just closing the doors? Or prefably knocking them down and rebuilding them properley?

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

djtruefitt said:
Someone in the TowersStreet team was only talking last night that this topic needed bringing back! So here it is!

:)

I believe what I said was (referring to another topic) "at least someone hasn't resurrected the toilet topic"

You can really go off people!

Ah a hand dryer debate, why not! :p

The new dryers are much better than the old one. They dry you hands much more quickly and they use less energy (I think) so win win situation! I know they use cold air but I can cope with this.

I must admit I do like the Dyson Airblade. Although they can be unhygenic, Dyson now have the new Airblade V which solves this problem. You can find them in Welcome Break service stations! They work really really well!

Towers did indeed have standard Airblades in the toilets at the top of Towers Street a few years back. No idea what's happened to them though.

Alastair said:
The Airblades are severely flawed in my opinion. Whilst they are good at drying your hands, they are also terribly unhygienic, as no one ever perfectly fits their hands into the little gap you get - and so germs are transferred onto the mechanism extremely easily. I much prefer the really powerful normal ones, even if they do blow out cold air.

The dyson are very unhygienic and terribly unreliable we have gone though loads at work!

moowoo said:
Alastair said:

The dyson are very unhygienic and terribly unreliable we have gone though loads at work!

All dyson products are the same. Everyone wants one, everyone goes and pays through the nose to have them. You get them home all excited and then realise that what you've done is pay double for something that doesnt work aswell as the cheap product. They are the biggest novalty.

On a serious point are we as a nation even suprised that toilets are in a bad way. You go anywhere and the bogs are dirty horrible and not kept up the standred we want. Mostly because the "youth/chavs" just see them as an easy target to look hard. As for the staff. they are on minwage, not easy cleaning up after over people for minwage. and whats the point in spending the thousands needed to do them up when within a month they'llbe trashed and knackred

Slugjc said:
On a serious point are we as a nation even suprised that toilets are in a bad way. You go anywhere and the bogs are dirty horrible and not kept up the standred we want. Mostly because the "youth/chavs" just see them as an easy target to look hard. As for the staff. they are on minwage, not easy cleaning up after over people for minwage. and whats the point in spending the thousands needed to do them up when within a month they'llbe trashed and knackred
I don't think that's quite true... I don't go everywhere and think that public toilets are disgusting and horrible. Toilets are a very hard place to get right as, to put it bluntly, they're where we go to let out our waste and thus are never going to be the most wonderful places to be - especially when hundreds of people per day are using them! Public toilets in parks or in truly public places are often horrible, sometimes because they are abused by people or usually because they are council run and thus not cleaned often enough.

Public toilets on private property though are usually pretty good. Most restaurants, bars, shopping centres, supermarkets and visitor attractions have decent loos. They don't get trashed or ruined usually - and if they do, the culprit can usually be caught. If decent money was spent on the toilets at Towers they wouldn't just be trashed mindlessly straight away and they would give off a much better impression to people.

Poison Tom 96 said:
How about just closing the doors? Or prefably knocking them down and rebuilding them properley?

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I was thinking the same with the doors on the CCL/DF Toilets or at least close one and air curtain the other.

I really do think an Air curtain and upgraded heating in the FV skyride toilets, would sort the problem of little warm in there.

The building are fine, they just have to sort out the heating and hot water.

Skyride toilets do have doors, and I always consider them to be the warmest out of the lot (they're proper toasty sometimes!). Also are the only ones to always seemingly have hot water.

They've replaced every drier in resort it seems.. got rid of the old ones, replaced with automatic ones which are just amazing. Cold, maybe, but they do actually dry your hands now.

As for dyson, they were all rented and cost an absolute fortune. They were removed from all of merlin in 2011 I believe (least towers, chessie and london eye all lost them then).

Oh, and to be pedantic, the toilet cleaners aren't paid minimum wage. They're paid rather well, relative to the rest of the park anyway!