• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Meet Ups 2012

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Theme Park Meet Ups

^ I'd agree with that :p. For comparison, Chessington Buzz started out by calling their meets something else ('gatherings'? Can't quite remember), but it did really sound as if they were just trying too hard to be different to TTF, and it seems they've changed back to 'meets' now.

Ben. said:
By the way what are the rules at the vane about people sleeping on the floor? For example would I get turfed out for having 4 people in a 2? Or is it a case of tippy toeing around and not getting caught :p
Well, there's kinda two parts to that. The rules, like any hotel, are that rooms shouldn't contain any more people than they're booked for. In actual fact, as Dean points out, they'll likely never know, at least so long as you don't go crazy and try and stuff 10 people into a family room or something :p

Just a quick note to say that I mentioned in chat last night the fact that you can hire a car on the cable cars in London for £86. Up to 10 people in it. Could be part of a south meet next year?

Folks, I know I've only been doing videos for a year and a half but currently I'm thinking about re-editing nearly every meet video I've done up to WoodieSosche despite these videos originally being TTF based. This is just out of my own annoyance and perfectionism when it comes to making meet videos, even on a simple editing program such as Windows Movie Maker, thus an awful lot is likely to change in the videos I've uploaded so far inc. music and removal of the Uncuts.

Just thought I'd say in the topic rather than randomly out there in Shoutbox! :)

I would VERY much be up for this after the awesomeness of last year :D
(Apart from 9pm ride close :()

I would certainly be interested in a Fright Nights trip :) Considering I'm hoping to go there a couple of times with some friends ;)

I'm certainly up for a FN trip if I can fit it in somewhere.

Yes, I'm up a Fright Night Meet also, the dates which could be suitable...

12th October
19th October
26th - 4th Nov (excluding 31st October, 2nd, 3rd, 4th November)

The 1st November could be an ideal date, as there nothing much happening at Towers... ;)

It depends on what date my dad booked it for my birthday, he won't tell me when. :(

Im sure there will be a mini meet like there was last year, if not someone can make one :p

Apart from the dates of Frightnights Thorpe are yet to reveal anything else yet!

Roll on scarefest, freedom pass, booked. Vane room, booked. Now all I need is a lovely person to give me a lift as I'm nearly 100% sure I will not have passed my driving test. So if anyone has a spare seat, and it’s not an inconvenience, could you do us a favour and give me a lift to and from park? Obviously I will pay petrol and a little extra for your trouble haha. :)

I havnt booked any rooms or anything yet but I will be at the meet for both days and should be staying over at the vane, therefore if I am I should have no problems giving you a lift Ben. If not there are usually loads of people who will be able to give you a lift. Best to organise something nearer the time on the Scarefest meet thread.

I won't be attending meets for a while unfortunately, until I get a better paying job my funds won't allow me to join you guys for the day...even with the annual pass the travel/overnight stays deem it unaffordable :(... Fireworks is a maybe but pushing it massively, if not I will hopefully see you all for the opening day of sw7.

Until then you'll see the odd post here n there from me... Hope to see all your lovely faces soon though!!

From looking on-line, there only appears to be one room left at the Vane for Saturday 20th.

Have lots of people booked already, or are people looking to stop elsewhere?

Ian

I'll be at mine for the weekend.

Rugeley Travelodge anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've booked a room on the 20th at the vane, if anyone is looking to stop at the vane please get in touch...

Can help with transport where needed... :)

Yes, please let yourself known, if you have booked a room at the vane... :)

I'll re-post this once we have the main Scarefest meet topic...

I know it's a while off, but I'm looking into the possibility of doing Fireworks meet again this year (which falls on the last day of the season IIRC?) - is anyone looking at stopping over on the Saturday and/or Sunday nights? :)

I'm planning on being there for Fireworks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.