• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Meet Ups 2012

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Theme Park Meet Ups

Oooo then these already interesting meets will become a little bit more interesting if you turn up! :p

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I'm starting to consider maybe coming on the Saturday of that Sandwich thingy :)

It will be good to see yet more new faces, in our ever growing family of friends. Come along and meet everyone. Only a few of them bite.
;D

badger said:
It will be good to see yet more new faces, in our ever growing family of friends. Come along and meet everyone. Only a few of them bite.
;D
They'll have to catch me first....

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, and it seems like there will be a lot of members!
The more the merrier!

I should be able to make every single Towers meet, and maybe even the Drayton leg of the sandwich.

It'll be great to see some new faces! Time for me to start socializing with more people I think ... :)

Mankey said:
Will there be the inevitable "Who's going" topic? :)

Yes there will be, not sure when. Normally Dan looks after the social side of events, I'll give him a nudge.

The who's going usually appears about a month before the meet, usually that's just after the last one but we have a bit of an early summer break between South and Sandwich.

Dave said:
The who's going usually appears about a month before the meet, usually that's just after the last one but we have a bit of an early summer break between South and Sandwich.

I know that's was used to happen on that other place, but any chance we could have the topic sooner rather than later? It will hopefully then kickstart and encourage people to plan for the first proper TowersStreet meet! :D

Hey folks, would just like to mention these little details for Staffs Sarnie:

A Drayton Manor ticket is £24.50 when you book online (Woo, cheap-like!)
Stafford Central Travelodge double/family room for 2 nights is £85.50 on Saver Rate and £98.90 on Flexible Rate
Stafford M6 Travelodge double/family room for 2 nights is £67.10 on Saver Rate and (somehow) £102.10 on Flexible Rate

Am planning to book things soon out of neurotic money restraining-ness... Even though the meet isn't for another month and 20ish days...

Well I have already booked our hotel for the premier inn (I dont like travelodges) I am planning on using tesco tokens for our DM tickets as I dont like the fact they whack on an annoying booking charge.

Just curious, but have you stayed in a new or refurb'd Travelodge, Jem (seems a very large number fall into these categories now)? I personally really rate them, especially for the price you pay. They certainly used to be rather skanky, but I'd now put them above many other hotels I've stayed in...

Yes I have stayed in some nicer ones, I cant think the last time I stayed in one. I just find for the (normally) small price difference the PI is better and worth the extra.

I just find Travelodges a bit depressing for some reason and I am not sure why.....

Theme Park Meet Ups

I know it's a while away, and not actually the next meet up, but could we have some discussion -either a new topic or in here, about the North meet (Merlinpool of we must...)

It would be nice to start thinking about hotel bookings, to feel like some organisation is being achieved. There are no family rooms available in South Promenade Travelodge, however South Shore have family rooms for a rather dirty £69. What are people's thoughts on this becoming the main accommodation?

Theme Park Meet Ups

I have already booked South Shore as the promenade was too expensive considering they only had doubles for £75.

Hi All

Some of you may or may not be aware, the Olympic Road Cycling Event is due to be held in Surrey this coming weekend - Sat 28th July and Sunday 29th July

Just a word of warning to anybody that is expecting to visit Chessington during these dates... Expect LONG delays.

I work in Surrey, not too far from Chessy, and the M25 has been a nightmare this week which is only expected to get worse.

More information can be found at the following website:
http://www.gosurrey.info/olympic-road-cycling/

Hope it helps :)

Just been talking with MattH about the meets, and its spurred me on to go to Scarefest. So I'll see you all in October, and as its close to my birthday (like 5 days before), it'll be a nice trip!

I've pointed James (The TST Crow) in your direction for the Halloween meet...

As he PM'ed me from the old board, asking when the Scarefest meet was... :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.