• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

NEXT MEET: Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

Afraid I won't be there this weekend anymore. Things have come up so I can't make it. :(

Re: NEXT MEET: Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

EuroSatch said:
Afraid I won't be there this weekend anymore. Things have come up so I can't make it. :(

Sad news is sad. Opening weekend, too :( Alas!

EuroSatch said:
Hopefully you'll be a lot warmer than us :)

A stab in the dark as most of you have MAP's but has anyone got a 2-4-1 they wouldn't mind me sharing with me? Planning on bringing my bro so he's not on his own this weekend but he hasn't got a MAP and my parents want to do it as cheaply as possible.
Thanks folks

Just wanted to say have fun this weekend :)

Wish I was joining you (this'll mark a year since my last meet, something I intend to rectify as soon as possible) but as some of you know I have my own opening weekend I need to attend.

Hopefully when The Smiler opens it'll be a trip I can make.

Towers freak said:
A stab in the dark as most of you have MAP's but has anyone got a 2-4-1 they wouldn't mind me sharing with me? Planning on bringing my bro so he's not on his own this weekend but he hasn't got a MAP and my parents want to do it as cheaply as possible.
Thanks folks
I would say book online or risk going the main entrence and asking to join a group paying :)

McVities Jamaica Cake currently has an offer on for Alton Towers if you look in your local supermarkets as far as I know.

Hi guys!! Just a quickie :)

We're looking to record our first opening meet on TowersStreet with a group photo on both the Saturday and Sunday.

If you'd like to be included, please meet in the Oblivion Drop Zone at 2.30pm on both days (probably after lunch break!)

Looking forward to seeing you all :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Really good meet, enjoying every minute :)

Update from TowersStreet Facebook:

TowersStreet are on park for the second day of the season, and its surprisingly quiet! A small update to our meet schedule has occurred - could everyone wishing to be in the group photo please meet at the Tavern Courtyard at 2.20pm this afternoon. We look forward to seeing you there!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Fantastic Weekend, great to see everyone again and meet some new faces.

Amazing to get so close to The Smiler. It is a very impressive looking coaster, and I can not wait til it opens.

The Sanctuary was much improved, with 2 out of 3 runs being very good, and with it being free, and less than 10 minute queues, was very enjoyable and I look forward to going on it again soon.

There is still minor issues with the hotel bars, but nothing that prevented a very enjoyable evening.

The only low light for me, apart from heading home, was missing the final qualifying session due to issues at the Bar. Watching Q2 in Margs was great fun.

Thanks to the team and everyone who attended. See you all again soon.

Ian

NEXT MEET: Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

Fab weekend! Thanks all to people who spoken to me and Pixie-Ro as it was our first meet!

Also to TheMan and e4kenndr for taking us under their wing......best theme park day out in a long time! Thought it would have been more busy but I'm not complaining! Only rides I never managed to get on which I wanted to s RMT and Sonic....but loads of time for those!

As I have just posted on the Facebook event, Thanks to everyone who came on the meet, old or new it's always great that so many people attend these meets!

And I look forward to seeing just as many (if not more) people for our next meet in May!

Despite having tonsillitis, and not even being able to speak by the end of the day, I had a fantastic time! I absolutely loved Splash Landings, and still can't believe how quiet the park was. Ill write more when I'm not so tired, but I'm still buzzing over the whole weekend.

Also, this weekend will be special for me because me and Tom (Mr P) finally made it official and got together :)

Thanks everyone for a great time this weekend! I was tired for the most part so may not have seemed myself at times (damn lack of sleep!) but it was still a really fun meet!

See you all again soon!

:)

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Fab weekend! Thanks all to people who spoken to me and Pixie-Ro as it was our first meet!

Also to TheMan and e4kenndr for taking us under their wing......best theme park day out in a long time! Thought it would have been more busy but I'm not complaining! Only rides I never managed to get on which I wanted to s RMT and Sonic....but loads of time for those!

This :) - was hilarious. Talking of wings lol, thanks for not making me sit on the back row of the wasp... sorry, air ;D. Discovered though I quite like it at the back, do not enjoy the front and still find the thing unbelievably uncomfortable.

Also kudos to Astro, dude, how you get that many people moving in one direction I have no idea. However, the Towers Street people train headed up by Astro was simply surreal lol! That was A LOT of people. Didn't matter what queue you ended up in either, most of the time you ended up before, after, or alongside a group of us somewhere - this happened that many times through the day it was brilliantly funny.

A large meet, on a quiet day, to mark the first Wardmas for TST, with a bonus scaremaze, with a real time experience of SW7 being built.

Couldn't have written a better script could you?

Had an absolutely lovely day or so with those I got to see, made even better by the lack of people on park so we pretty much did everything yesterday! Shame I wasn't there for La Grande Spirale but ah well! Some sort of meet video type thing will appear soonish, yadda yadda yadda ;)

It was lovely to be back with all the TST gang after missing the first two meets. Nice to see some old faces again, as well as a few new faces. The park was quiet so it was nice to not queue, especially yesterday when most of us were pretty tired and/or hungover from Sat evening in the hotels. Bring on the next meet, when hopefully *fingers crossed* the Smiler will be opening ;)

See you all soon! :)