• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

Re: NEXT MEET: Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

Certainly didn't used to a couple of years back - not sure if it does now. :)

Fredward said:
Mike said:
You may be out of luck on that front, Matt - it is heavily rumoured that ATT are stopping the majority of their public bus operations the day before main season starts. :(

If this rumour is proved correct, your best bet is the 32A from Hanley :)

Well, I don't mind if it's an official Towers bus, as long as it gets me to the resort somehow! :p I think the 32A is the one I usually get, does it stop at Stoke station?
I don't think the 32a stops at stoke station, it just goes from Hanley to uttoxeter vie towers

thanks a lot guys, I'll just have to go to Hanley first then! Damn Alton Towers... cutting transport back on an already pain in the arse journey! :p

Saturday Arrangements

For those of you arriving early, we will be meeting in the lobby of Splash Landings Hotel at 8:30am. This is so that we can then take the Monorail to the park entrance, and enter at 9:00am for Early Ride Time.

If you are not with us by just after 8:30am, then you'd be best heading to the park entrance, or meeting the group later.

If it's your first meet, then you might wish to get a telephone number of someone who is attending, to contact via text in case you can't find the group.

:)

I keep reading this topic for some reason, and being increasingly disappointed that I'd made other plans earlier in the year and can't make it - seems like it might have been the better plan, but such is life.
Looking forward to May and the rest of the calendar :) Have fun, guys :)

can someone whos going give me their phone number, as my usual contacts aren't going, and this is only my second meet.

Is anyone driving past Uttoxeter station on Saturday around 8.15? I'd like to get the early train to get there for ERT, however there are no buses until after 9 A.M and a taxi would cost me around £17 :/

I will reward handsomely with money or Coffee :)

LiamC said:
Is anyone driving past Uttoxeter station on Saturday around 8.15? I'd like to get the early train to get there for ERT, however there are no buses until after 9 A.M and a taxi would cost me around £17 :/

I will reward handsomely with money or Coffee :)

I'll happily split a tax with you. Would be quicker than a bus, and I'll wanna drop my suitcase off at Splash Landings.

LiamC and AshleeKel

I will be more than happy to pick you up from Uttoxeter Train Station. No point paying for a taxi when its only 5/10 minutes out of my way.

Ian

IanB said:
LiamC and AshleeKel

I will be more than happy to pick you up from Uttoxeter Train Station. No point paying for a taxi when its only 5/10 minutes out of my way.

Ian

Thank you so much Ian! My train from Derby gets in at 8.07 :)

Ashlee, will you be on the same one?

Erm, do you have space for 1 more..?

I was thinking of getting the same train from Derby.

The last space is yours John. Can you just make sure you get there before 8.10ish?

If I leave home at 7ish, I should be there for 8.10 ish, so we should get to Alton Towers for 8.30ish and meet up with everyone before heading on park.

Ian

Just realised - my train gets in to Uttoxeter at 8:57, so doesn't look like I can get the lift :/

Thanks for the offer IanB, but unless you guys are willing to wait until then I'll have to pass :(

IanB said:
The last space is yours John. Can you just make sure you get there before 8.10ish?

If I leave home at 7ish, I should be there for 8.10 ish, so we should get to Alton Towers for 8.30ish and meet up with everyone before heading on park.

Ian

The Derby train me and John will be getting, provided it's on time, gets in no later than 8.07 so we should be ok for 8.10. Thanks so much again Ian ;D

AshleeKel said:
Just realised - my train gets in to Uttoxeter at 8:57, so doesn't look like I can get the lift :/

Thanks for the offer IanB, but unless you guys are willing to wait until then I'll have to pass :(

Sorry, No chance you can catch an earlier train?

Ian

IanB said:
AshleeKel said:

Sorry, No chance you can catch an earlier train?

Ian

Not really...the only train I can get that's earlier is the 1:34 train from Euston, which gets into Uttoxeter at 7:57 and costs £160 more than my 6:55 ticket :/

Sorry Ashlee, Maybe someone else is going to be passing by closer to 9am.

Ian

...anyone gonna be passing by Uttoxeter station around 9:00 AM?

Dean's Hotline - 07790 740 761

If your stuck for a contact number text the above number, and you will receive a reply stating where we are...