• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Studio

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Take a deep, long look back and see if you can remember the game "Hyper Rails".

The studio that made it are now coming out with a brand new game, Theme Park Studio. There isn't much to be shown on the project but from the video that's been published, it looks like quite a decent effort:

Theme Park Studio

And their Facebook page can be found here.

I played hyper rails it was pretty good and intuitive. If this could include direct importing of .OBJ model files (or any format for that matter) and manipulate and scale them in game, they could be on to a winner for theme park enthusiasts,

Easier and simpler then no limits with the ability to add other attractions and create an awesome theme park

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

The trees and water in that video are a bit mental! :p

On a more serious note, this game looks really good! Besides what has already been said, I also like how you can edit the coaster whilst the ride is in motion, rather than have to wait for the train to reset and go back to the start. It's just a shame they decided to make a dodgy version of Viper (like it wasn't already dodgy enough? :p ) for this demo though, haha!

I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this! :D

For people like me who find the difficulty of NoLimits too daunting, but find RCT far too limiting, this looks an ideal middle ground. :)

One concern I do have about this is that they said when this was originally announced that they had taken Hyper Rail and put it in a new game engine. In which case it could mean that there are no new rides which was a big criticism I had with Hyper Rails. The current selection is only a B&M invert, Arrow Looper, Goliath style Hyper Coaster, B&M Stand-Up, 4th Dimension and Intamin's Inverted Launch ride. Notice that most of these are based on Six Flags Magic Mountain ;)

Unless they add a few more rides I can't see myself getting this as currently it seems to just be a HD remake. But we'll see...

This looks interesting! I do wonder how they are calculating the forces and speed if the track can be changed while the train is running? Although for someone that just wants to make rides for fun instead of realistically smooth, then does look like a great middle ground!

Maybe this will kick the No-Limits team into getting a move one with No-Limits 2!

Some more info from their FB page:

Can you build flat rides?
At the very least you will be able to select from a library of flat rides and import your own custom models that you can animate via the tools or scripts. We are also looking into custom building flat rides from within the editor. Yes, coasters will display Vertical, Lateral, and Acceleration G's.

When will the game be released?
Around 2nd quarter 2013

Will it have Wing Rider's and 4D coasters?
4D coasters yes. Wing Rider maybe in downloadable content.

Well this just gets better and better! :D

But I hope this bit...
import your own custom models that you can animate via the tools or scripts
...isn't as complicated as it sounds! :p

BigAl said:
But I hope this bit...
import your own custom models that you can animate via the tools or scripts
...isn't as complicated as it sounds! :p

It'll be just RCT 3 all over again when everyone was in awe of Belgabor's cube:

Shot0155.bmp

:)

I really love the custom supports that you can add, surely you can add them all at the same time automatically instead of doing them one by one? I, unfortunately, am very impatient when it comes to supports on roller coaster games. ;)

I dont really have high hopes for this project, it just looks like there earlier (and totally atrocious) game Rollercoaster Rampage with a few bells and whistles.

I hope people bring out custom content for this as they did with RCT3.
It would be an amazing game if they did so.

I'm buying this when it comes out though, as it does look incredibly fun. I just hope that they get the tracks looking realistic...

As long as the game is open to modders people will mod the game...

However the game devs have already expressed the idea of DLC in the form of new coaster types, perhaps they may restrict advance DLC because it will hit their sales.

Imagine, buy the b&m wingrider DLC, someone builds a better one.

They have however said that 'they will split royalties" perhaps it'll be a cheap game maybe free 2 play with an in-game store encouraging decent modders by having their pieces in the store.

Basic objects like static scenery could be distributed for free otherwise this would be a tad unreasonable.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

The ability to have custom user generated content will be make or break for this.
But it looks good!

This looks good. Just I have a feeling it might not run on my laptop.

RCT3 is a bit of a struggle on here but I thinks its as much the age of the game as anything.

I love the fact that it looks a lot easier, simpler and cleaner to build a ride. Cuts out a lot of faffing with RCT

I find No Limits to be too complex and RCT3 too fiddly, so hopefully this will be better.

Please SHARE this update!

Did you know....

Facebook said:
Theme Park Studio will feature 3D Stereo support. Pantera's engine, used in the game and medical industry, has full 3D stereoscopic support with control over each eye that allows fine tuning of convergence point and eye separation. Our tech received "2x Platinum" 3D Grade and Nvidia's 5 star "3D Vision Ready" rating. ("3D Vision Ready" corresponds to five stars, "Excellent" corresponds to four stars, and so on; A "3D Vision Ready" game is rated better than excellent.)

If you have 3D Vision glasses, or just a 3D TV, you will be able to ride coasters in eye popping 3D.

I run it on my Panasonic Viera 50 inch TV and it looks great.

Stuff like this worries me, a lot. Why are they wasting their time adding stupid features like this that nobody will ever use, when the GUI still looks like this?

K21jg.jpg

I'm a bit worried they need to get their priorities sorted out. We don't want or need 3D, we want a better game. :)

I think it means they can get more support from nvidia. As they are promoting their products also 3D would be pretty awesome in this circumstance. 3D technology in computers is a lot better then what you get at the cinema. They aren't just polarised filters. This 3D tech is amazing in racing games I can imagine it being fantastic on a rollercoaster.

Besides a UI is easy to change, some people want this 3D support which is a much harder task.

Let the devs do what they want to do.