• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

Hi all,

First time poster after being an observer of these boards for over a year. I just wanted to give my perspective on this serious matter.

First of all let's be honest the majority of the TPWW gang are strange individuals that wouldn't be deemed as cool kids at school. So am I suprised that at least one of them if not more have had issues in dealing with interaction with the other sex ...No. They have probably never had a female look at them in their life leading up to these incidents, so have took advantage of their so called fake fame on innocent and naive individuals.

However this still is not going to stop me watching TPWW vlogs. I actually met Shawn and Charlotte for the first time on Sunday at BPB and found them more normal then I had expected. He took his time out to have a joke with my children and we discussed a couple rides etc. He didn't come off arrogant and never once whinged when individuals were interrupting him during filming.

The next question.. would I stop my children watching his vlogs because one of the allegations against his friend?..No.

I couldn't careless about these allegations that do not affect him personally and neither will the majority of people who watch his vlogs. Did Chris Brown allegedly beating up Rhianna stop people buying his music ...No. The Allegations surrounding MJ for all those years stop him from selling out the O2 before his death...No

So when these allegations are not even directed personally against Shawn then why should the everyday person care? How does it affect our life when all we want to see what Alton Towers looked like on its first day back in action?

People may not like what I have said but it's true out of the 200k odd subscribers, very little will care enough to result in any real impact to the channel. I will continue to support the channel and will ignore the vlogs that contain the individual in question (if he is ever seen again)and hope justice is carried out where necessary.

Why does this post come across as "Oh well other people have gotten away with similar things so it doesn't matter". Jesus Christ, the people who are ignorant to these allegations are almost as bad and shouldn't be supporting them. If anyone who was associated with any of my interests with these awful actions, I'd want action to be taken as soon as and I'd want them to be suspended or gone as soon as possible. It's about setting an example.

Yes I do, but I heard it from a number of other people (some of whom have appeared on TPW), hence why I have more reason to believe it.

A few years back there used to be 10-15 people who were members of TPW, but gradually over time it's whittled down to about 3 or 4. Allegedly Shawn was not forthcoming with any sort of recompense for those who joined him on his trips. They even had arguments about petrol money, which Shawn refused to pay due to them being on his channel. This person fully believed Shawn used them as a way to get up and down the country before he could drive himself (coincidentally the amount of people appearing in vlogs has decreased vastly since he passed his driving test).

I've also heard on a number of occasions that Shawn doesn't even pay for Charlotte, and any trips she joins him on are at her own expense. I find that mind boggling.

Shawn has mentioned many times how he went on trips where people drove because he couldn't, he has also said how grateful he was to those people and how he hopes to repay people for driving him around by doing the same. If they have their own car though that might not be needed.

Which I have seen on some of his vlogs.

As years go by, do we really know why people stop appearing. He's mentioned more than once a couple who have had a baby, and he's hoping they can go on trips in the future.

Brett lives in the US. Others may have moved, new jobs etc.

If Charlotte is OK with paying for herself, which if it's true I guess she must be, she may have instigated this, then I'm not going to judge. She won't be paying for her ticket if she's a pass holder. He'll be driving her, I imagine they share hotel expenses, they do sometimes mention who has paid for merchandise and food etc.

Last edited:
Shawn has mentioned many times how he went on trips where people drove because he couldn't, he has also said how grateful he was to those people and how he hopes to repay people for driving him around by doing the same. If they have their own car though that might not be needed.

Which I have seen on some of his vlogs.

As years go by, do we really know why people stop appearing. He's mentioned more than once a couple who have had a baby, and he's hoping they can go on trips in the future.

Brett lives in the US. Others may have moved, new jobs etc.

If Charlotte is OK with paying for herself, which if it's true I guess she must be, she may have instigated this, then I'm not going to judge. She won't be paying for her ticket if she's a pass holder. He'll be driving her, I imagine they share hotel expenses, they do sometimes mention who has paid for merchandise and food etc.
I'm only saying what I've been told by people who have been in TPW, however now choose not to. They are still friends with Shawn so I don't see any reason why they'd spread lies about him.

I think if the last few days have taught us anything, it's that we can't believe everything we hear/see on a vlog. You have to remember that Shawn has edited each and every one of his vlogs, so we're seeing what he wants us to see.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

End of the day he should of backed away from an online presence while this is going on to respect the investigation and the victims who come forward. All he has shown me personally that he is on his jolly’s to Europe soon and needs some of that YouTube revenue to pay for it.
Sadly, that's how it looks. His actions have basically said "I don't care, vlogs to film and money to earn". Not saying that's what he's feeling, just how it looks.

Sadly, that's how it looks. His actions have basically said "I don't care, vlogs to film and money to earn". Not saying that's what he's feeling, just how it looks.

As I said earlier If He wasn’t living at home with his parents and had actually bills to pay every month then I could sort of understand why he is carrying on. To carry on right now is just causing more hassle then it’s worth and I truly hope one day he learns from this.

Does ILS stand for I Love Shawn or I Love Sandbrooke?

Also said individual has many people coming out against them.

The parks should bar them from filming whilst this is happening, I understand they can't really bar the individuals as they will have to work through due process to do that, probably with a police report to help ban them. Well I hope they'll be barred if they are found out, just like I'd hope say Sealey is barred for being a nonce.
I'm only saying what I've been told by people who have been in TPW, however now choose not to. They are still friends with Shawn so I don't see any reason why they'd spread lies about him.

I think if the last few days have taught us anything, it's that we can't believe everything we hear/see on a vlog. You have to remember that Shawn has edited each and every one of his vlogs, so we're seeing what he wants us to see.

Now we start to understand you have got some serious beef with the lad.

You tell the world "Don't believe what you hear and see on vlogs" what...about Theme Parks? As unless I have missed something that is what his vlogs consist of.

Did he not wave to you once three years ago at AT? As you have got an issue that needs addressing.

I'm starting to question everything I know in life to be honest.

People can take this, edit that, crop out something, twist that.

I like Charlotte. I like her enough to not think she'd watch a vlog and find her boyfriend has lied about him paying for fish and chips to make him look better.

I like her enough not to think she'd being told "pay up or you're not going".

But I can only judge on what I'm being shown... Is it natural, a act, carefully manufactured?

I also felt he was sincere about the car driving. Whether due to legal issues or not. Brett didn't drive at all during the 10 days he was part of the US roadtrip.

I know no one involved with TPWW so like the majority rightly or wrongly, I can only base my views on what I'm seeing.

Now we start to understand you have got some serious beef with the lad.

You tell the world "Don't believe what you hear and see on vlogs" what...about Theme Parks? As unless I have missed something that is what his vlogs consist of.

Did he not wave to you once three years ago at AT? As you have got an issue that needs addressing.
I don't have beef with him at all. I think he makes a lot of mistakes, like he has done the last week, but if you read my first ever post you'll realise that I hope everything that has come out about him is incorrect.

I'm talking about the fact that everybody appears to be squeaky clean on his vlogs, and he has always made it look this way. It's a "family friendly" channel, which isn't actually very family friendly.

Ahh, the usual Sanbrooke fan response there. Of course.

I'm starting to question everything I know in life to be honest.

People can take this, edit that, crop out something, twist that.

I like Charlotte. I like her enough to not think she'd watch a vlog and find her boyfriend has lied about him paying for fish and chips to make him look better.

I like her enough not to think she'd being told "pay up or you're not going".

But I can only judge on what I'm being shown... Is it natural, a act, carefully manufactured?

I also felt he was sincere about the car driving. Whether due to legal issues or not. Brett didn't drive at all during the 10 days he was part of the US roadtrip.

I know no one involved with TPWW so like the majority rightly or wrongly, I can only base my views on what I'm seeing.
You're doing as any normal person would, judging on what you're seeing. There's absolutely zero wrong with that.

I don't have beef with him at all. I think he makes a lot of mistakes, like he has done the last week, but if you read my first ever post you'll realise that I hope everything that has come out about him is incorrect.

I'm talking about the fact that everybody appears to be squeaky clean on his vlogs, and he has always made it look this way. It's a "family friendly" channel, which isn't actually very family friendly.

Ahh, the usual Sanbrooke fan response there. Of course.

Well I have watched three years of his vlogs and not once I have thought my kids should not be watching this. He has used some Inneudos at times that only adults would get and I'm fine with that. No different then sitting down with my kids at MK and watching the Country Bears.

Shawn is not an Individual that I would personally have in my close friend network but he I find his content very good and interesting. I just think people like yourself are going a tad over the top with what you expect from him in a situation that is clearly being looked into.

Well I have watched three years of his vlogs and not once I have thought my kids should not be watching this. He has used some Inneudos at times that only adults would get and I'm fine with that. No different then sitting down with my kids at MK and watching the Country Bears.

Shawn is not an Individual that I would personally have in my close friend network but he I find his content very good and interesting. I just think people like yourself are going a tad over the top with what you expect from him in a situation that is clearly being looked into.
The issues I have with Shawn are solely concerning everything that has come out in the last couple of weeks, but we've been over all that already and it appears we have different views on it.

Hello all.

Another new poster here. I realise this will probably have people thinking here come another new posting TPW fan to defend them, but that's not necessarily the case.

I only found out about all this earlier today and discovered this forum googling for information. I'm too old to have grown up with social media and don't really use it. I've never had a twitter account until signing up earlier to try and find out what's going on, so didn't know anything from there. I don't even have a youtube account just search for the videos I like and I discovered Shawn last year and have enjoyed watching his videos since. I used to love theme parks as a kid but haven't been to one for years and rediscovered my love of them through him.

I saw his statement posted to youtube but there's nothing else there so I googled to find out what's going on. It does indeed seem shocking what some of these people have been up to. Other than the person that seems to have the most accusations against him, the other people mentioned I had never heard of. I don't think they've appeared in his videos for a long time certainly not ones I've watched or even gone back a couple of years to watch. It seems he has already done a lot of clearing out of who now appears on the channel as having had a look at his very old videos there are lots of faces I didn't recognise so it seems that he's already changed who appears - if that's because of reasons that are now coming out, maybe he's already take action to not have these people appear for a long time because of what he knew privately behind the scenes. Now the main person seems to have been accused, Shawn has posted he won't be appearing either, so I'm not sure what else he can really do, it certainly doesn't seem like he's 'silenced victims' - although I don't understand it well it seems he cannot stop them posting things to their own twitter accounts, can he?, as I've seen lots on twitter when searching. I think it fair enough he would remove any bad comments from his own accounts, as would any business.

The main thing I haven't understood yet, is what people think Shawn can do to get criminal justice for the alleged victims. Surely they are the ones that need to report this to the police, not him? I would assume they have done that, if they are going to make such claims and post it out to other people. On twitter all I come across when I've looked is picture of screenshots from the notes application of people's phone with stories, which doesn't seem a very reliable or proper way to make a statement to me, surely people can type a proper document these days?

I've ended up writing more than I thought I would as the main thing is I don't really understand what is going on, and I imagine many who just enjoy watching his videos feel the same.

I don’t think it’s over the top to give some compassion for the victims. End of the day you can defend Shaun to the high heavens that’s your personal choice, but so many people have highlighted how he has gone wrong handling this situation and still is right now. If my boss saw the sort of stuff that’s been bounced about on social media right now I’d be on gardening leave within seconds. He has shown no care or compassion to any of the victims a simple copy and pasted statement means nothing. The screen shots be them real or fake the fact he hasn’t addressed them really is concerning as they are nothing to do with the investigation. Also if and I mean big if the photo on twitter at the moment don’t look good if someone wants to look at it the wrong way. The photo in question is a selfie from this weekend with one of the accused supposedly in the background.

End of the day if anyone gets found guilty then yes this will kill off tpww as you know it, they would have to remove almost half the content on YouTube so it’s a lot to lose over night for what’s been built over 8 years.

Hello all.

Another new poster here. I realise this will probably have people thinking here come another new posting TPW fan to defend them, but that's not necessarily the case.

I only found out about all this earlier today and discovered this forum googling for information. I'm too old to have grown up with social media and don't really use it. I've never had a twitter account until signing up earlier to try and find out what's going on, so didn't know anything from there. I don't even have a youtube account just search for the videos I like and I discovered Shawn last year and have enjoyed watching his videos since. I used to love theme parks as a kid but haven't been to one for years and rediscovered my love of them through him.

I saw his statement posted to youtube but there's nothing else there so I googled to find out what's going on. It does indeed seem shocking what some of these people have been up to. Other than the person that seems to have the most accusations against him, the other people mentioned I had never heard of. I don't think they've appeared in his videos for a long time certainly not ones I've watched or even gone back a couple of years to watch. It seems he has already done a lot of clearing out of who now appears on the channel as having had a look at his very old videos there are lots of faces I didn't recognise so it seems that he's already changed who appears - if that's because of reasons that are now coming out, maybe he's already take action to not have these people appear for a long time because of what he knew privately behind the scenes. Now the main person seems to have been accused, Shawn has posted he won't be appearing either, so I'm not sure what else he can really do, it certainly doesn't seem like he's 'silenced victims' - although I don't understand it well it seems he cannot stop them posting things to their own twitter accounts, can he?, as I've seen lots on twitter when searching. I think it fair enough he would remove any bad comments from his own accounts, as would any business.

The main thing I haven't understood yet, is what people think Shawn can do to get criminal justice for the alleged victims. Surely they are the ones that need to report this to the police, not him? I would assume they have done that, if they are going to make such claims and post it out to other people. On twitter all I come across when I've looked is picture of screenshots from the notes application of people's phone with stories, which doesn't seem a very reliable or proper way to make a statement to me, surely people can type a proper document these days?

I've ended up writing more than I thought I would as the main thing is I don't really understand what is going on, and I imagine many who just enjoy watching his videos feel the same.

Basically Shawn has not locked himself in his shed playing with his monorail set until the investigation has been completed.

Oh and he has failed to break an legal investigation protocol by informing the world what is going on.

Hello all.

Hi.

Firstly, Shawn hasn't historically stopped anyone from appearing on his vlogs. The people who don't appear have chosen not to for various reasons.

As previously specified, you couldn't blame Shawn for acting this way if it had been a one off instance. The fact is that over time 4 people who have regularly appeared on his vlogs have been accused of similar things, that HAS to be addressed.

Shawn put a very rehearsed statement out but has not commented on TPW being against harassment/abuse in any way, and not acknowledged the victims at all. You may say that he's seeking legal advice and so can't comment, but the least he can do is to condemn any acts like this.

Shawn has blocked people who have reached out to him to tell him about these things, rather than addressing them. You have to remember that TPW is not a business, it's a "family friendly" YouTube channel, so removing comments and hiding posts will only make him look guilty.

Shawn claims to have reported this to the authorities, however had he done this he would have been given a case number to give to the victims so they can add their accounts. Many have asked Shawn for this number, however he has ignored requests.

Due to the nature of the allegations they have to be taken seriously, whether they are written on a piece of paper, a notes application or indeed the back of a cigarette packet.

People need to remember too, these girls have absolutely no reason to lie. It isn't like falsely accusing a footballer and hoping for a generous payoff, there is literally nothing to gain from lying in this instance.

I think the least he should've done is stopped posting videos for a few weeks or until the investigation has concluded.

I can understand that he may not know the best way to handle a situation like this, but to carry on posting videos as if nothing has happended given the seriousness of the allegations comes across as pretty insensitive.

Basically Shawn has not locked himself in his shed playing with his monorail set until the investigation has been completed.

Oh and he has failed to break an legal investigation protocol by informing the world what is going on.
As I said earlier, there is no point in entertaining your comments anymore. You're making yourself look extremely foolish.

Shawn, Alex and Charlotte are TPWW. This other individual is not even well known outside the hardcore fans. He might appear three times a year at most and does some bits behind the scenes. If he is found guilty no one outside this forum and a few hundred on twitter is going to care. That sounds harsh but it is the truth.

I think people need to stop over estimating the impact TPWW has in the real world.
Considering you just named one of the accused I reckon this post won’t stay up for long